Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers need a DE, a DE, and a DE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

Panthers needs:

DE - Mario Addison will likely finish with double digit sacks, giving him 10 sacks/year for the past three years. Turns out he is good, but he is the only solid player left at DE. Peppers is only a rotational player and might retire. Efe Obada is raw and has potential, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable rolling with him as a starter. Horton and Cox are fodder. In today’s game, passing is so important that you could argue that the only real important players are the QBs, OTs and pass rushers. And yet we are rolling with 4 undrafted players at DE.

OL - If we re-sign Darryl Williams then we do not need a top OT (unless it is Best Player Available). I am comfortable rolling with Williams, Kalil, Moton, and Clark or a cheap backup. We need to replace Ryan Kalil at C and we need a replacement guard. It’s possilbe we slide Moton to G like originally planned, but that still leaves a hole at C. I would prefer we use our first round pick on the best available OL regardless of position given how much is up in the air with the Kalil bros and Williams.

CB/S - Bradberry and Jackson are solid starters. Our backup corners might be the worst in the NFL. They are small, slow, and we can’t keep putting our LBs in coverage because we don’t want to expose our nickel and dime corners. We have the most athletic coverage LBers in the NFL, but LBers can’t run with WRs. You need three starting caliber CBs these days. Would also be good insurance in case we don’t want to pay Bradberry. Safety is another big need. Eric Reid probably won’t re-sign, and our other safeties are old, often injured, or look overmatched (Gaulden).

WR - Funchess is going to walk, get paid, and give us a fat comp pick in return. We should replace him with a big WR in the third round. DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Jarius Wright are a good core, but too small as a group.

TE - Olsen is probably retiring. His foot injuries have been mostly non-contact or marginal contact, and that is with us easing him back and taking precautions. It sucks, but he should get out while he can. His foot just isn’t healing. Ian Thomas looks overmatched, but he is still raw. I think we address this position only if someone falls to us.

Larsen is ready to step in for Kalil, and should honestly be starting already Ryan is just toast.

Addison is fine, but the Panthers could spend their top pick on DT or DE and I wouldn't be upset.

At safety, I think they need to resign reid and give him an actual free safety over the top. The secondary will look worlds better when it's not counting on 2 SS and a cripple at nickel.

Ian thomas had a pretty good game today. Olsen was a HOF caliber player if he'd had a better situation, and the Panthers aren't going to replace that. Thomas might be good enough.

Honestly I think the pieces on offense are good enough. My draft targets are DT, DE, DB, in no particular order.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thanos looking motherfucker

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

David Boston 2.0

i was looking for a different picture and found this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Can a 2nd round at best QB really be considered a bust?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers tried to trade the Cam Newton pick to get Clausen and the Cardinals refused lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

That's insane. Had to look it up some dude named Justin Ernest threw 51 reps in '99 :stare:

Some people are just really good at bench.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I know absolutely nothing about Kyler Murray, but Pat White was 6'0 and 205 lbs and he got hit once so hard that his soul left his body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uauae4JQ7MY

51 not even waiting to talk poo poo first before calling everyone over.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Why does Rosen care about Kingsbury

kingsbury is probably banging his girl.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1116025632998264833

definitely the actions of a team with no other holes and total faith in their qb's shoulder.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Stephen Hill was a Combine guy with no actual production in college. Gholston at least produced. He set the OSU record for sacks and was all conference.

Hill had similar looking production to demaryius, he just didn't have as good a QB throwing to him as hard as that can be to imagine. He was looking great in Carolina until he got popped then blew out his knee.

Gholston got all of his sacks against like purdue.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My favorite gholston stat was like the 8 million dollar bonus on his contract he'd get if he recovered a fumble. He never got it.

even if you flat out Do Not Care about football how the gently caress are you not just diving for the strip sack every single play?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This morning on local radio Steve Smith straight up said the Panthers were drafting a QB.

All the local beat writers have said the same thing, and Gantt came out and said it would be in the 2nd round.

They've been all over will grier.

so yeah. there's that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t believe Cam is broken already.

He hasn't even started throwing yet this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

Have any of the heart issue guys not panned out?

Gaines Adams? Damien Nash? I can't think of any others.

Take Sweat at 29, Chiefs.

Star Lotululei, depending on how you feel about him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Another former LCU guy may end up in the league which is cool and good

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1120151812630298625

that's a very blessed squat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just kill me

Tony Pauline posted:

Will Grier/QB/West Virginia: In all honesty, I’m late to the party on Grier despite listing him as a Riser in week five. I was informed that he was rising up draft boards weeks ago and struggled to believe it, but as they say, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. So where could Grier land? As early as the late part of Round 1 and no later than the middle portion of the second frame. Who could draft the Mountaineers quarterback? The New England Patriots have shown a ton of interest in Grier and could draft him as the first round closes out. The New York Giants also like Grier, and he could be their fallback plan if they don’t take a signal caller in Round 1. The Carolina Panthers also have an infatuation with Grier and will consider him in the second round. As we mentioned last week during The Draft Analysts podcast, Carolina is looking to add a quarterback during the second day of the draft.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Strobe posted:

My point is that the NFC East is a trash garbage division (Philly last year was good). The AFC West is not.

im not going to look this up but i guarantee since both came into the league the nfce has been a harder division.

obviously you had the late state dementia raiders years, but there were several seasons where the chiefs and chargers were just god awful.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if josh rosen is really being shopped for a third and the panthers draft will grier in the 2nd i'm going to end up on the local news friday night

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does anyone still have the Gendo Ponder gifs? The one of him making a massive overthrow still slays me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6dfeYSrXM

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Play posted:

An interesting question for the second round: when do y'all think Lock and Grier might go? I have a feeling they're going this round but I have no idea where. Grier especially is seeming more promising as perhaps the third best quarterback in the draft

The Panthers are in love with will grier and I would not be surprised if they take him today, especially if someone like thornhill is gone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"one of the blacks"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"he's not racist but-"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Are we really focusing on the player and not the clearly racist exec who literally said "one of the blacks" which should be the real wtf part of this story?

We can focus on both.