Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Current draft order!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

zimbomonkey posted:

Whatever happened to Vic? Wasn't he pretty good for a bit there?

Smoke and mirrors one year going up against backup linemen.

Based on his td run last week, I recommend moving him to rb and moving on from Coleman tbh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Atlanta needs:

Linemen

Both sides of the ball linemen

All 7 picks

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bring me that top 3 pick!

Atlanta needs to lose to Arizona next week, which I feel like is going to be challenging :ohdear:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Where the hell are these people earnestly arguing Romo was as good as Brady, Brees, and Rodgers? I’m pro Romo but come on. The only reason to claim that is if you’re trolling one of the millions of Dallas fans who irrationally hated him and thought he was Peterman-tier.

Was wondering the same thing lol

I haven't seen many, if any, put Romo in that top tier with Brady/Rodgers/Manning and Brees. That's just absurd.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

It turns out it's much easier to win arguments is you just make up the other side of the argument. I could see skip bayless saying something like that but that's about it.

I always hate when people bring up Chris Chandler in the GOAT argument. Top 3...maaaybe...but GOAT status he didn’t nearly rise to. Really chaps my rear end.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Reminder you are debating a Giants fan about a Giants Quarterback being better than a Cowboys Quarterback...

As you were.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Welcome to the Hall of Fam

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Docjowles posted:

ok this HAS to be what Phillip Rivers calls the family room in his mansion(s)

It's actually what he calls his wife's vagina

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Smart move for the immediate future.

I thought I read he gave the A's a chance to basically match his NFL signing bonus tho...I guess they declined?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

indigi posted:

yeah I remember reading on Saturday that he asked for a 15 mil contract by Sunday night in order for him to not register for the draft

Ah ok I didn't know there was a deadline so yeah I guess they declined (which makes sense for them as well).

DariusLikewise posted:

Leveraging a baseball team against a football league to get more money is commendable

It is pretty bad rear end. Oh, you want to pay me 8mil Professional Team A? That's cool...Professional Team B is gonna pay me 15mil, what say you?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

indigi posted:

I'd happily take a ten million dollar pay cut in order to guarantee I'd never catch a blindside sack

You've also not worked your entire life to become an nfl quarterback...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

indigi posted:

it sounds like he's worked his entire life to become a professional athlete and was leaning toward baseball in the recent past, but maybe that was always just a play to up his draft stock. idk. guys who aren't interested in baseball don't usually have Scott Boras representing them

Agreed. Just pointing out it's probably not as easy as 'take that easy mlb money' when he has probably been dreaming of this moment in both sports for his entire life.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

indigi posted:

that's a great point. I really hope his family and friends are giving him body-saving advice

I guess what muddies it a bit too is he is an outfielder. I suppose if he was a pitcher, that pitcher money would be much more appealing ie Jeff Smardzidja? I dunno. I'm still crazy impressed by anyone who can get drafted into two different professional sports.

I don't know a ton about his history, is he considered a better QB or OF?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dibs

https://twitter.com/GeneralBooty2/status/1088241082729664512?s=19

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They're morally bankrupt and really don't give a gently caress. He'll be swimming in hookers and illegal recruiting gifts.

So what you are saying is he will be Sgt. Major Booty in a few years?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol if you think he can fit in his pants from 2012

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

you have outliers like Darren Sproles who is tiny and somehow still playing with the same speed at the age of 54 but for the most part small running backs don't have the longevity you look for in a franchise QB

Feel like a lot of it depends on play style too. Like Devonta Freeman. Tiny, shifty, agile, but also thinks he is a power back and tries (and succeeds) in running through people. Feel like Freeman isn't long for the league with his run style and it is already showing. Guys that last forever don't take kill shots. I remember Marvin Harrison falling down before contact...guys can do it and have long careers they just have to be smart. Sproles seems like another guy who defenders never clean a clean shot on.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Punt returners are a crazy breed man lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I mean are we really surprised that the fastest man on the planet and who has spent his entire adult life training for sprints would tie the fastest nfl player without even trying?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

Not disagreeing but it's not that simple. Usain Bolt doesn't run 40 meters at a time and he doesn't plan his take off and stride around it. I know it's easy to say "he's the fastest man alive of course he can run a 40 faster" but there's a difference in the energy systems used and when top level sprinters reach their top speed.

Like Usain Bolt doesn't even reach his top speed during a 40. He's trained to hit it around 60 meters in. Using this handy dandy chart from UC Davis it looks like he can hit around 11.5 meters a second at the very end of the 40. I'm sure if he specifically trained for the 40 he would be even faster. I'm also pretty sure that time isn't legit and was probably a bit slower, but still insane since he's an insane human being.

Yeah I hear you, and I get that it's two different trainings for two different events (40yd vs 100m or 200m) but at the end of the day he is still 6'6" and is fast as gently caress. I wonder what he would run if he devoted a few months to training for a 40...

That said, it didn't *look like* a 4.22 but maybe it's camera angles. Also...

Mega64 posted:

I hope my team drafts Usain Bolt.

e:

Was curious, Bolt's top end speed is nearly 28mph. Last year's top player speed was Breida at 22.09. Granted, Bolt had on next to nothing, Breida had full pads and helmet on and was being chased by large men trying kill him but interesting...

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 2, 2019

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Probably not really, if you're thinking like stolen bases. Don't get me wrong, he'd be dangerous for sure, but a lot of fast guys kinda suck at stealing bases since a lot of it is reading the pitcher. And since he's probably never played baseball at all (or at least seriously) I'd imagine he'd have trouble with that. Bo and Deion, while not olympic sprinters exactly both extremely fast men, were pretty meh base stealers.

I kinda like his place trying to break in as a soccer player in his retirement. He grew up with the sport and if nothing else if he's even with a defender at midfield he's going to get to a good ball before that defender does.

Deion running the bases was a thing of beauty but man watching Ricky swipe base after base was so fun.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gatts posted:

Would he be a WR or Cornerback? He probably couldn’t take hits for long but deep he’d probably intercept or own a lot of WRs cause he’s 6’6”. They couldn’t air it out.

Gronk would demolish him but if he has strong hands I’d wonder if he could come away with contests.

Feel like he would be Ted Ginn 4.0

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Not sure how many watched LCU, but Ronald Ollie declared

https://twitter.com/RonaldOllie/status/1092467687320682496

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He chose football. Good for him.

https://twitter.com/TheKylerMurray/status/1095016263473119232

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

David Boston 2.0

6'4" 230 runs a 4.46 lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ahhhhh LaRon Landry. What happened to that dude?

e: oh

2015 season
On November 24, 2015, Landry was suspended for testing positive for PEDs, his third such violation of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. This resulted in an indefinite ban as per league rules.[28] He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement 60 days before the 2 year anniversary of his suspension.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That's insane. Had to look it up some dude named Justin Ernest threw 51 reps in '99 :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

9 4/8"...

Break that poo poo down NFL!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That wingspan tho...

Nice...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

indigi posted:

isn't your wingspan typically equal or greater than your height

Yep. Typically a couple inches longer than your height on average.

Kyler got some odd measurables. Big hands too for a little dude.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/KyleKellyNFL/status/1102458150060478465

Draft capital is probably as important as salary cap management, and Arizona might just be flushing so much of it down the toilet here.

lol what a waste for the Cards

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ed Oliver is the drop that keeps baffling me

Edit: dunno if Samuel Gold doing Jonah Williams got posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCvrHo-oelg

Drop all the way to 14 plz thx

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Mocks showing Miami going QB are dumb, and if Ed is there, he’s gotta be Miami’s pick. Him or Lawrence. We’re lacking versatile DL and Oliver fit the bill but Lawrence is the 3-4 NT who comes along every 5-7 years

Where do you all pick?

I'm hoping for Oliver or Wilkins but an olinemen is needed too. I just want them to spend the first few picks on the lines.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

13!

Historically VERY bad for Miami

Right before us...so that confirms Oliver to Miami. Congrats!

:negative:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

He almost certainly bulked up for the weigh in. I agree that it isn't just height. He's just a small dude overall. Russell Wilson is also short, but he's stout as hell.

Wilson is listed at 206. No reason to think that Murray couldn't add at least that since he weighed in at 207 with professional weight and nutrition regimen.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

It's hard to imagine Kyler Murray holding weight like that.

Maybe? I dunno. Wilson weighed in at 204 at the combine and 5'11". Kyler was 207 at 5"10 but I think everyone knows he is 5'9" and some change. That 2016 Wilson pic was also after 5 years in the league and at age 28. Kyler may have to work harder to keep the weight on that Russ did, but if he bulked up to 207 with his own dudes, I would think he could do at least that and them some with the team's staff he gets drafted to. Maybe I'm wrong hell I dunno lol :shrug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

This! This is the conspiracy theory I love.

Like, do you think he was stretched out on a rack before the combine measurement? Do you think the NFL is cheating to make him more appealing to NFL teams in order to screw over the MLB? I can't wrap my mind around this but I love that it is something that people think. Like, historically the idea was to never trust measurements until the Senior Bowl or Combine, and now here we are. The man could have (and probably did) bulk up for the weight, but what is he doing to add 3/4 of an inch?

For me it's more they measured him in his shoes. That's the extent of my conspiracy theory. God bless.

ftr I think it's super silly. 3/4" isn't gonna make or break a career.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Do NFL teams even tank? NBA teams tank for sure. MLB teams tank. Feels like tanking in the NFL isn't really a thing although the Giants sure seem to be trying rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1-31

trading Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper

Were the Browns actively trying to tank though or were they just that bad?

And was Oakland trying to tank or was Gruden just that dumb?

indigi posted:

I think the short season makes it harder to tank. if you take one or two in your division then win a couple other games off a fluke fumble return TD/pick six you're already out of the top of the draft

Yeah, I agree with this.