Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

Doltos posted:

The only thing size matters for is frame. You don't want a slight guy taking big sacks. Tua's about the same size as Brees and Brees is really good at crumpling and avoiding big hits, Tua not so much. Not that he gets blasted behind that oline but he likes to twist and turn in the pocket which could lead to getting his bell rung or more leg injuries down the line.

As a passer and a creator though, c'est magnifique

How would you rate Kyler Murray? I haven’t watched him like at all, so I dunno how he is at taking sacks, but isn’t he around 180 lbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big fork small knife
Jan 23, 2006

Doltos posted:

There's also something to be said about wide open throws boosting his completion percentages. As I said before I hold Lincoln Riley in high regard because he brought the run game back to the air raid. He runs a ton of pulls and counters that confuse the hell out of defenses coupled with an all out passing attack and a dual threat QB rolling away from those counters and pulls. If you watch some All-22 of Oklahoma they get amazing passing lanes constantly. You're starting to see that more in the NFL now with the Chargers and the Rams so maybe that's not a bad thing and Murray just actually might be a good fit in the current NFL despite being the size of a slot WR.

Yeah, I figure that it’s not impossible for him to thrive in the NFL. Baker seems to be doing alright (though Murray probably isn’t on Baker’s level in terms of accuracy).

It’s ultimately not gonna matter anyway. I don’t trust Marrone to develop a young QB and I don’t think he’s going anywhere. The Jags are just gonna sign Flacco, draft a DL and keep running up the gut 50 times a game.