Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm looking forward to the Texans having first and second round picks this year.

They need to strengthen the Offensive line, I think they could sort out depth but the Texans pick too low to bring in the best Tackles.
The Secondary could also do with some help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
This website is a great resource for all things draft related.

https://thedraftnetwork.com

Many of the contributors have good podcasts related to the draft as well. Only downsides are the interminable ads you have to suffer through on the Locked On Network.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Bucs beat writer Trevor Sikkema writes for them and he's cool and good.

He's on the Locked On Draft podcast, he and John Ledyard make a good team.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Drew Lock #1 QB

Aw yeah

Dwayne Haskins seems to be QB1

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Arkhams Razor posted:

Who are the good interior o-line prospects this draft?

There are a few guys who could end up either as tackles or interior line. Dalton Risner and Yodny Cajuste look like good prospects.

Tyler Biadasz was projected to be the top Guard but I don't think he is declaring.
Chris Lindstrom is probably the best Guard, he doesn't seem to have any weak points. He isn't a Nelson/Hernandez level talent though.

This year is looking better for Tackles than Guards it must be said.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Michael Jordan a guard out of Ohio state is the only interior guy I've heard/ seen get buzz.

Some people are also liking Cody Ford as a guard in the NFL. He is a tackle though.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

kiimo posted:

Also the best CB in the draft

Probably the most likely to be picked early, his stock has fallen a little recently though.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I like what The Draft Network comes up with.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/11/sikkemas-2019-nfl-mock-draft-6-0/

Trevor Sikkema's mocks are entertaining.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami picking a QB even though literally everyone’s agreed they aren’t interested in any of this year’s crop and it’s universally accepted we’re building the support system for a QB this year

Dude didn’t do basic hw

Miami need OG pretty badly from what I could tell, yet all the high value OL seem to be tackles.

Maybe trade with teams like Houston who need good tackles. Miami could get Lindstrom, Risner or Cajuste in that range, plus an extra second round pick to trade up with.

Risner and Cajuste seem to have some flexibility too.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I think Kyler Murray is going to suffer due to his poor interviews. Then again there are so many smokescreens going around, it is hard to know what is true.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Is anyone doing a Goon mock draft this year?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Chichevache posted:

I'm taking Ann Frank Fanfic in the first. His outlaw bloodlines may be a concern, but he's a top offensive talent and he has an incredibly high ceiling.

I have character concerns, also he wasn't allowed to compete at the combine.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Play posted:

That's a good idea. Might be fun to take a look at last year's too

McMagic did well to get Baker for the Jets.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I'm looking forward to having a decent amount of picks this time round.

Last year I was the Texans, so no first or second rounders. I picked up Ian Thomas and Donte Jackson. Thomas took a while to get going but finished strong. Jackson seems to have got off to a good start.
They were both picked by the Panthers.

My third pick was going to be Raheem Green. I decided to go for BPA, rather than address the Texans most obvious need, since I saw no starter calibre OL available in the third round.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I'm happy to do it again, but I'll admit I was a little gunshy after how last year kind of imploded. But hey, if you guys are game I'll start putting the thread together for sign-ups. I think we usually start around April 1st, right?

Definitely compared to how smoothly 2017 went.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Triple ditto.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Looks like John Ledyard has been put on indefinite leave by The Draft Network, due to 6 year old tweets that hackers unearthed and posted on their Twitter.

It is a shame because I liked his work.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm sure you will still be able to find his work somewhere, there's absolutely a market for a draft guy who thinks Riley Cooper saying the N word is good actually, that Frank Gore is a "thug", and that gay people have it pretty easy actually. Maybe the Daily Caller will open up a sports page for him.

Oh he absolutely had to go and he is tarnished in my eyes.

It is just a shame to be disappointed in someone.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

indigi posted:

do you think using the twitter search function is hacking

Apparently someone hacked into the Draft Network's account and reposted from there.
That or someone didn't like him. I'm just repeating what I read elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I'm surprised that Jonah dropped to me.