Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

FUJOSHI! Dirty Rotten Shippers! is the working title for the hot new prototype by Meltwater designer and raving malcontent Erin Lee Escobedo, aka yr gal pal Gutter Owl!

FUJOSHI! is a romance and matchmaking card game for 2-4 players. You and your most romance-addled rivals conspire to make seven attractive anime boys (or even g...girls!?) kiss each other for fun and pervertprofit!

(Okay, the game's actually pretty chaste.)

At the start of the game, players pick the relationships they want to bet on, then spend their turns scouting, convincing, and cajoling the NPC protagonists to fall for the right partner. Successful pairings score points, and rare pairs score a bonus!

(Today's secret ingredient is PLUS ULTRA.)

Weird theme aside, this is a middleweight card game that should provide a nice crunchy experience, drawing from inspirations like Argent and Pax Renaissance. You could even call it a tableau builder, except the tableaus you're building are all neutral NPCS in the middle of the board, and you're trying to bet on which tableaus will synergize the best.

But that's boring, and you're boring, and it's time to kiss the animes.

The latest playtest version of the rules can be found here, and the playtest cards can be found here.

For our distaff counterpart, we'll be sending PMush, Rumda, hito & El Fideo into the all-girl's academy to duke it out in the name of love. Comments and jeers from the peanut gallery are welcome, of course. Make sure to remind the players that they're wrong and their ships are wrong at every possible opportunity.

Himes, please check in!

Brother thread: I'll Punch You In the Mouth! With My Mouth!

Previous threads:
#1 Kiss Him, Not Me!
#2 b-b-but Kase-san, we're both girls!

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

##IMPORTANT RULES CHANGES##

No more outer/inner desires. Characters will get their second secret desire at the start of Act 2

Dutch auction is gone. Instead, pick any of the four available cards in the lower row. The card you pick will be replaced by the card above it.

Cards don't cost anything by themselves; coins are now for focus, gifts, and rumors only.

Cards are more uniform in abilities.

Almost any card can be given as a gift, but only if the giftee is listed at the top of the card. It costs one coin per space away from the giver (so an adjacent character would cost one coin, a character two spaces away would cost two coins, et cetera). This restriction only applies to gifts; a character can take any card for themselves.

There are now six club drive cards. You can take the card for yourself to gain cash when other players buy certain traits.

ALL GIFTS AND CLUBS ARE DISCARDED AT END OF ACT! Then the discards are shuffled into the Act 2 deck.

If you Pass Time (discard a card), anyone with 6+ coins must choose Rumors (previously "buy"). Anyone with zero coins must choose Rest (previously "sell"). The player who started the round also has to chip in a coin if they choose rumors. NO MORE HOARDING MONEY, JERKS.

Rumors are always for the current character. No need to choose.

Act 1 ends when two piles are empty and everyone's had equal turns. Act 2 ends when three piles are empty and everyone's had equal turns.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
Checking in.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

hito posted:

Checking in. Should we just go ahead and PM you our ships now?

Everyone gets to peek at a secret first, in turn order.

(Chaotic Flame is first up, so he can go ahead and tell me who he wants to peek at.)

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
oh right, forgot!

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I am here! Who am i kissing?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Checking in

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I got pulled into a thing at work and will be traveling until Tuesday and am pretty slammed. I don't want to hold things up, so I can drop unless you don't mind waiting to start until next week when I'll have time to actually engage.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'll play. :munch:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Alright PMush, you're in. EDIT: Chaotic Flame, I'll put you back in the queue.

The opening setup is in the OP. In player order of PMush > Rumda > hito > El Fideo, tell me which character's secret desire you'd like to peek at!

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 5, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Give Mei Yellow!

I'll throw together a PM with my ships in a second.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Game edit: Wait, do I get to see my desire first? I forget.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

After I send the peek.

Rumda, your peek?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I did like the idea mentioned in the last thread of putting the colors at the top of the card, too. Make it easier to read at a glance for colorblind folks and/or any idiots who can't remember which color is which yet. (It's me. I'm the idiot.)

Edit: There's even empty real estate in the design that almost seems like it was intended to be there and got removed.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 5, 2018

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

(right-click open in new tab helps b/c the forum software is sometimes a bit poo poo with the resizing)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, I found it, I'm just saying that if you have to make excuses for/explain your graphical design, it might be a good idea to change it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Let's see Red

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

hito? You still with us?

hito
Feb 13, 2012

lmao sorry, I only had the old thread bookmarked so just assumed someone else was not posting based on the thread never coming up in bookmarks

gimme Orange

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

Indigo for me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Are we waiting on me for something? Sorry, it's been...a rough week.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I think we're just waiting on everyone to get their ships in?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Mostly waiting on ships (just got the last ones in today, will update soon). But I'm also taking a moment to update some last rules changes from the latest round of live playtest, to make this experience more fun for all.

This is where I should probably highlight the part where we're playing a game in development, and there may be sudden changes if something is proven to be frustrating or degenerate. While this should be the last major change for a good while, minor hotfixes might come in. I do apologize if this fucks up anyone's strategy.

Here's a short rundown of the changes in version 4.4. Please let me know if this torpedoes your strategy and you need a mulligan on your starting ships.

• Market structure changed from decks to card rows, alternating visible and not-visible similar to 7 Wonders Duel. (The same four cards will be currently available as shown in the OP).
  • Gifts are no longer locked to specific characters. This was more annoying than tactically interesting, and often got forgotten. Now any basic card can be gifted to any character.
  • Glamour cards now shift focus. Kindness cards are cheaper to give as gifts *if* the giver has a kindness trait of their own.
  • The secret desire High Maintenance has been removed from the game.
  • The card A Sudden Kink In Your Plans has been removed. Its function has been replaced by a new option during Time Passes, described below. Their card slots have been replaced with a pair of new dual-suit cards (Ath/Kind and Study/Glam) in 4-player games.
  • During Time Passes, the Rest option will give you a maximum of eight coins from the rumor card.
  • Act 1 ends when only one row of cards remains and all players have had equal turns, same as Act 2.
  • Some aesthetic changes.

New Time Passes option Rethink: Instead of Rumors or Rest, once per Act you may chose to Rethink. This costs ALL OF YOUR MONEY (minimum 1 coin). Same rules as the old Kink card, but the replacement ship is worth fewer points than before: 1(+1) in Act 1, 2(+2) in Act 2.

Thank you for your patience and support. Turns will hopefully resume tonight.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

WELL THAT TOOK ENTIRELY TOO loving LONG. Okay. We're back. Rules updated, every single cardsheet visually overhauled, let's do the thing.

PMush ¥400 :h:
Rumda ¥400
hito ¥400
El Fideo ¥400

PMush Perfect, you're up first!

Reminder, you can pay ¥100 to move the focus marker 1 space, any number of times. You can take a card for the current character OR give a gift (¥100 for each space away) OR discard a card to Pass Time (Rumors, Rest, or Rethink).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm trying to figure out how much the first turn advantage is balanced by me playing kind of blind here and everyone else having an opportunity to react to my telegraphing. But if I make too oblique a move, it might not pay off.

This is not a criticism, just an explanation of my AP issue.

Pay Y200, Indigo buys 2 of Clubs for Yellow, move Yellow between Violet and Indigo. If that's an illegal move, just put her between Indigo and Blue.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

The move is legal, but your cost is off. It's ¥300 total. ¥100 to move the marker from Violet to Indigo, ¥200 to give the card to yellow (who is two spaces away from Indigo).

Still what you want?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No, sorry, I had a brain poop. Violet gives 2C to Yellow, and moves Yellow to between Violet and Indigo. I know this also costs Y300, but will end with the marker moving to Yellow, IIRC? Let's do it no matter what, just because I don't want the game to hang.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

You got it.

PMush ¥100
Rumda ¥400 :h:
hito ¥400
El Fideo ¥400

Rumda, you're up!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, I just got the "give the gift of kindness" thing. :allears:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I'm going to discard the second kindness card to start a time passes round

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

hito > fideo > pmush > rumda, in order: Will you Rumors, Rest, or Rethink?

hito
Feb 13, 2012

I'll rest.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I'll Rumors

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rest. Dolla dolla bills, y'all.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Rumors

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Rumda and El Fideo kick in ¥100 each, for ¥900 total. PMush and hito each take ¥400, with ¥100 remaining on the bank.

Sending messages. Rumda and El Fideo, you have 24 hours (until GMT 0530, aka 9:30PM PST) to agree if you're going to move Yellow, and if so which direction.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Give Mei Yellow!

El Fideo posted:

I'll Rumors
:nallears:, right?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
My vote is between blue and indigo.

Yeah...

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I think yellow is fine where she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

welp, seems like no bribe agreement was reached. onward and upwards.

(forgot to add a gift marker to the previous image.)

PMush ¥500
Rumda ¥300
hito ¥800 :h:
El Fideo ¥300

hito, you're up!