Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

DrManiac posted:

Is Hades good enough to make installing another store front worth it?

Imagine if Bastion and Dead Cells had a baby.

So to answer your question, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

BexGu posted:

Whoooo dude you better mean that cause that is some drat high praise.

It's pretty obvious where the design influences are from. The game is definitely early access, but it's quite fun.

Quick weapon impressions: The starting sword is pretty bad. The bow is better, but has glaring weaknesses. The spear is very good. The shield is excellent.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I'm upgrading the spear in Hades from "Very Good" to "Overpowered". Just discovered that if you dash while charging up the stationary spin attack, you'll immediately spin AFTER moving the dash distance. This transforms the spin attack from something fairly niche (but still worthwhile) into an attack that is remarkably versatile and powerful. Especially since the attack receives any dash-related bonuses this way, e.g. the persistent passive Mirror dash bonus or Artemis's dash crit boon.

Not sure if this is intended, but I'd expect it to get nerfed all the same.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

pairofdimes posted:

It would be nice if they put up all their old Epic Megagames library on their own store. Even though I doubt they'd sell much it feels like something they should do. If they ever get a Steam Workshop equivalent they could even host ZZT boards.

If Bloodlines can get a sequel then by God so can ZZT

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Has anyone played Operencia? I'm in the mood for an old-school grid-based dungeon crawler, but I'm hesitant to pick it up at full price. Sure does look pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Sweeney knows the cut is unsustainable without degrading the experience in some ways.

Is it, though? I rather doubt it. I mean, maybe it wouldn't support Valve as a game development company (who haven't released a traditional game since Portal 2 in 2011), but DOTA2 alone might be enough for that.

Tim is saying this with the ultimate goal of making more money and most people recognize that, but let's not pretend that Steam hasn't been unimaginably profitable for years.