Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Not really a fan of the Epic launcher already or its friends list. The forums and review stuff doesn't really matter to me so thats cool for devs who get annoyed by review bombs or whatever and toxic rear end forum communities.

I want Hades but I'm not sure I want to be running another games launcher after Steam, Battle.net and GOG (I already uninstalled Fortnite earlier in the year). I just don't know about it to be honest, it need a lot of work. For me personally I already the majority of my friends on steam, the new steam chat is actually pretty robust. Right now its a curated store front but I can easily see this becoming like every other store front where it showcases a bunch of random bullshit that doesn't interest me like Steam has (thankfully now I can just ignore/mute so much of the trash on there thanks to new features).

We shall see, its gonna be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

New steam chat is basically an inferior discord. :effort:

Sure but Epic's friendslist isn't even remotely close to discord. I'm on discord a bunch but I have friends that don't like it and just talk to me over Steam.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Fortnites player based is all teenage boys that wear basketball shorts at all times of the year. None of them care about indie titles, so I don't get who this is suppose to appeal to.

I didn’t even think about this but it’s so true lmao. They need something like nba 2k and cod. Like literally no joke

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Easy Diff posted:

Is now a good time to point out how much actual indie studios fuckibg love publishing to switch because they have a curated collection of games and have lots of products while still keeping the valve open only a little?

Wait a second I just popped the Eshop open and there’s a ton of shovel ware trash as well. I would definitely not call it curated.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
tim sweeney doing whatever it takes to get people to stop talking about how bad they treat their employees at epic.