Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Darkhold posted:

Where is the savoir that will consolidate all this goddamn launchers into one program? I'm already tired of adding games to my steam list because I'll forget I own them if I just leave them sitting on Gog/Origin/Uplay.

In any case the launcher is kinda worthless, but hopefully they'll actually pay someone to update it unlike Steam. That's my real hope for this.

yeah give me your credit card info and I'll manage them for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao Epic started a big surprise sale yesterday, but it was too much of a surprise, to the point where they didn't even tell a bunch of the publishers selling through the storefront about it. A lot of them see this as an issue because during the sale you can spend like 15 bucks or more and get 10% off of more expensive games, which begins to devalue a lot of the big-name games that are up for pre-order without the publisher's own consent. Paradox has pulled VtMB2 from the Epic store until the sale is over.

Destructoid posted:

Another odd case comes with Supergiant's Hades. Originally listed at a sale price of $6.99, the developer quietly raised the price of the game to $24.99 and altered the sale price to be $14.99. While the increased price was something Supergiant always intended to do as it added content (the game launched in early access with the Epic Games Store last year), it originally pledged to inform buyers well in advance of any price hikes. With Epic surprising the world with this mega sale, Supergiant felt the need to increase the price at the last minute. The studio has since apologized, but this could have all been avoided if Epic was more transparent with the publishers and developers it is hosting.

also there's still no shopping cart, so you have to buy poo poo one at a time, and a bunch of people are reporting that their accounts are being locked because the store suspects fraud due to so many purchases. Still no wishlists, and you still can't gift people games either.

Good sale guys