Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

The question is though - is the audience of Epic games interested in buying indies? It's a company angled at mainstream audience that buys one game a year - Gears, Unreal, Fortnite. I don't know if those customers want to buy some small quirky title they never heard about.

I think it'll work the other way: the audience for indie games will follow them to Epic, provided the Epic gets account information locked down tighter. I don't think it'll be a fast exodus, but I think a lot of indie developers are going to put their games on both platforms until and if Epic's gets enough of an audience to write off Steam.

People who play GoW or Fortnite might not want small quirky indie games, but people who do will follow them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does the Epic launcher have a wishlist feature like Steam? I couldn't find it last night and like having a notification when something I want is on sale.