Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Bardeh posted:

I'm not sure I agree with this - competition is good. EA has their subscription service which is only a few bucks a month for a ton of great games, and the more expensive tier which lets you play their top new releases.

Someone tried to take over my EA Origin account. They succeeded in changing my username, but when they tried to change the password and email address I was notified, I did a password reset, then immediately changed it to something else and took back control.

Except I can't get my original username back. I'm stuck with some Russian name, and the thief changed the secret security question and answer to something in Russian. The only way to contact EA Origin support regarding account theft issues is some web chat service - I tried to use it but an entire day went by with no response.

In theory I'm in favour of competition, but getting my account hacked/stolen and EA having no effective proceedure in place to handle such situations makes me hesitant to place my trust in companies having a go at running online marketplaces. With Steam Guard I know that no-one can change ANYTHING unless they sonehow have my password AND access to my emails AND text messages on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU