Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
It'll be interesting to see where the indies that fled Steam end up. Satisfactory for example already has had its subreddit devolve into people fighting over it.

Personally I'm skeptical of the whole thing. I don't think Epic's team is competent enough and they have some REAL dumb ideas about what good service actually means; I'm also lowkey anticipating some huge data breach because already Epic has a huge problem with Fornite accounts getting hacked and if even a fraction of that translates to the accounts of people buying games, it's going to be a huge mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Songbearer posted:

I used the Epic launcher to try Fortnite for a few rounds (it's not for me, I see the appeal but the weapons feel mushy and I can't be bothered to build - I'm a crusty pubg style man) and a day later I had a password reset notification from someone trying to access my account

Enjoy your new life. I downloaded Epic's launcher to redeem a free copy of Shadow Complex like one or two years ago and have been getting them constantly, sometimes a couple days apart. I found these forgotten in my inbox.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Jarvisi posted:

Is epic going to be running forums and doing online matchmaking for every game like steam does?

They explicitly mentioned they won't do forums and will do "a ticketing system that allows customers to alert developers about the specific problem they’re having “instead of review-bombing them.”

Sounds like nonsense.