Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm glad that at least Navi can see invisible so you get 0.25 second of a warning when there's an invisible Fire Keese.

The new puzzles are pretty impressive even if they are poorly telegraphed, but it makes me laugh when the hack's supposed to show how far OoT hacking can be pushed and then you get a room with just... seven redeads.

On that note, yeah, if you kill a redead in the Castle Town Market, all others will come over and crouch next to it. Not sure if it's supposed to represent respect or dinnertime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Some truly new content! This is the point where the game starts getting kinda good and interesting.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Also, we're going to be recording again tonight in about an hour (6:30 PM EST, maybe a little later) at my Twitch channel. Please note that due to the long recording session we did last time the beginning of the stream will actually be the eventual beginning of Episode 16. So if you choose to join us tonight please be aware that there's a good 9 videos that haven't been posted yet that you'll be missing context for. If you're fine with that, then come on by and watch us fumble through Goku's adulthood together.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 16, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

In which we have fun with words and phrases.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I feel the need to correct myself on this video: There are no less than six Square gachas.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Mobius: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross, Dissidia: Opera Omnia, and Star Ocean: Anamnesis.

Jesus loving christ, Square.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Artix posted:

I feel the need to correct myself on this video: There are no less than six Square gachas.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Mobius: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross, Dissidia: Opera Omnia, and Star Ocean: Anamnesis.

FF Record Keeper?

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
There’s also one more Final Fantasy gacha, albeit being run by DeNA, rather than Square Enix, called Final Fantasy Record Keeper, where, instead of spending money to get jpegs of characters to beat things up, you get different Limit Breaks for them

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:catstare: :retrogames:

That's a lot of gacha.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

FPZero posted:

That's what Breath of the Wild was missing; dual-wielding boomerangs.
What Breath of the Wild won't do, Dragon Quest XI will.

Artix posted:

Did they shut down Final Fantasy Record Keeper?

e:

slink_bot posted:

There’s also one more Final Fantasy gacha, albeit being run by DeNA, rather than Square Enix, called Final Fantasy Record Keeper, where, instead of spending money to get jpegs of characters to beat things up, you get different Limit Breaks for them
Apparently not.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Mikau had dual-boomerang fins

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Mikau had dual-boomerang fins

And that's why Majora's Mask is better than Breath of the Wild!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I don't remember All The Bravest being a gatcha game. A garbage game to spend money on, yeah, but i don't remember it being a gatcha based game.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Not to derail into gacha talk too hard but All the Bravest isn't a gacha in the same way that something like Fate/Grand Order is. The shop has a fixed-cost ticket for the expansion maps, and then a gacha to unlock the assorted named FF characters, but outside of presumably doing more damage, the characters in ATB are identical anyway.

That said, it's still 99 cents a spin and if you want Lightning or Cloud, you're gonna have to wade through all the trash like Firion and whoever the hell the protagonist of FF3 was.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

That was a nice rupee count after buying the boomerang, by the way.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

A conversation I was not prepared to have when I woke up that day.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Artix posted:

Not to derail into gacha talk too hard but All the Bravest isn't a gacha in the same way that something like Fate/Grand Order is. The shop has a fixed-cost ticket for the expansion maps, and then a gacha to unlock the assorted named FF characters, but outside of presumably doing more damage, the characters in ATB are identical anyway.

That said, it's still 99 cents a spin and if you want Lightning or Cloud, you're gonna have to wade through all the trash like Firion and whoever the hell the protagonist of FF3 was.

Onion Knight. Literally that's the name of the hero. Until the remake which gave us Luneth and three other dolts.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

For Gohma, I'm guessing a bunch of Deku Scrubs and random wind like in the Stalfos room.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
For some reason New Kakariko reminds me of the towns in Quest 64. Not sure why. :psyduck:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I love how you go to all that effort to be able to carry that 1 extra rupee and afford the boomerang, and almost every possible use for it since has been just out of reach.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

AlphaKretin posted:

I love how you go to all that effort to be able to carry that 1 extra rupee and afford the boomerang, and almost every possible use for it since has been just out of reach.

It's very, very romhack
I also love how pointlessly annoying the water/wind jumping "puzzle" was. Truly, Kaizo Majora with a 3x speed timer is near on the horizon

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
You know, it's a ridiculous thing but I kind of like the addition of the random trees and Deku Scrubs everywhere. The trees give the area a more natural feel and the Deku Scrubs, even though they're pretty much random, keep you on your toes. I can play through Deku Tree in my sleep so the thought of actually having to put some effort into it is oddly appealing.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

You got owned by that scrub at the end, son. Like, I think that's the hardest a Deku Scrub has ever owned someone in either N64 Zelda.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Materant posted:

You got owned by that scrub at the end, son. Like, I think that's the hardest a Deku Scrub has ever owned someone in either N64 Zelda.
It was truly a hilarious and sobering moment.

Goku: Seed Money Thief.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Honestly, the greatest thing to come from 3D Zelda’s is Link getting hit by something and falling a great distance. I guess physical comedy is a gift bestowed by the Triforce of Courage

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Look, you have to be pretty brave to be willing to play the fall guy.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I'm just here to share the correct and appropriate way to watch a Nimpize update

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Make sure Bert doesn't get any of that sub!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If you take the first word on every video, it teaches you how to make the perfect sandwich

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I can stop any time I want to! It'll pay off in the future, I swear!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Since you were wondering, the reason why LT and RT don't work at the same time in some programs is that Xbox 360 controllers (and controllers using the same input reporting layout for compatibility) expose both of those as a single combined axis in DirectInput, which means there's no way to differentiate between 'neither trigger is pulled' and 'both triggers are pulled' via DirectInput on Xbox 360 controllers. To access those values individually, programs must implement XInput instead, which Project64 apparently does not.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Looks like Zelda needs to organize a clam bake for Hyrule

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Since you were wondering, the reason why LT and RT don't work at the same time in some programs is that Xbox 360 controllers (and controllers using the same input reporting layout for compatibility) expose both of those as a single combined axis in DirectInput, which means there's no way to differentiate between 'neither trigger is pulled' and 'both triggers are pulled' via DirectInput on Xbox 360 controllers. To access those values individually, programs must implement XInput instead, which Project64 apparently does not.

That must be it then. And considering I'm using PJ64 1.6 it very well might pre-date XInput as a standard. I'm using an 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller and I know it has connection options but I don't think I can get it to emulate DirectInput and still be recognized easily by my computer.

It's too bad there aren't easily usable, better N64 emulators. But from everything I've ever heard or seen, emulating it properly sounds like a nightmare.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Watching you plant those beans makes me worry that there were gold skullatas in the soil and you rendered them unobtainable.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Maigius posted:

Watching you plant those beans makes me worry that there were gold skullatas in the soil and you rendered them unobtainable.

Oh no they'll never get infinite money then.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Maigius posted:

I don't think it actually works that way, but I always used to worry about that too.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Guys, please, we were just trying to wean FP off the infinite money via beans wagon, we don't need this kind of talk saying he already ruined it. :negative:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Look guys if you buy in early you can buy BeanCoins at a rate of 10(x) Rupees = 1 $bec, where x = the number of beancoins you've bought + 1. It's so simple!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I bought thousands of beancoins back when they were first starting out.
Nowadays I'm 6.2 million rupee's out.

I ate them all.

They needed some salt.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!

I wasn't a cool enough guy to take a picture in front of my monitor but I did have a buttermilk chicken sandwich recently.

I'm usually not that complicated with my sandwiches at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's ok pal, all sandwiches are good. I'm no sandwich discriminator here!