Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

FPzero posted:

It's ok pal, all sandwiches are good. I'm no sandwich discriminator here!

Calve Pindakaas & chocolate Hagelslag sandwich!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Carbon dioxide posted:

Calve Pindakaas & chocolate Hagelslag sandwich!

Sure, even that!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FPzero posted:

It's ok pal, all sandwiches are good. I'm no sandwich discriminator here!

Soup in a bread bowl: open-faced sandwich?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

oldskool posted:

I'm gonna have to call in an expert for that one. In the meantime, it's a video!

A day on the town, with Goku and friends and clams.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My legacy at my old job is that every interview for a new hire must decide whether certain things are sandwiches are not. Tacos and Pop-Tarts are on the list.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

oldskool posted:

Absolutely an open faced sandwich, provided you actually eat the bread at the end. Otherwise it's a salad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What about refried beans and melted cheese between some tortillas, slathered in salsa? Has it passed the sandwich threshold?

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

There's something oddly satisfying about that door actually being usable.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CLAAAAAAM HOUUUUSE!!!!:argh: freezeframe on Gokus dead corpse as Louie Louie plays and the credits roll.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That woman with the hands reminds me of something I swear I've seen before somewhere, but can't find for the life of me. It's a woman with lips for eyes somewhere in the data for this game. You're welcome for that horrifying mental image this Christmas morning.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
I had the opposite experience with clam sandwiches, having only heard the urban dictionary usage. When you kept using it in the video, I did a Duckduckgo search and found several sites with recipes involving actual clam higher up than the Urban Dictionary entry.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
Well if you didn't know, Google puts topics you're more likely to be interested in at the top of the search results so... :haw:

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Hey in video two you mentioned some zelda chaos runs? Can you guys link them in the thread so I can find them?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Excuse me, I don't recognize your monarchical authority. I will stand on your pergolas all day long.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Captainsalami posted:

Hey in video two you mentioned some zelda chaos runs? Can you guys link them in the thread so I can find them?

They're both in the LP Archive:

Ocarina Chaos Mode: https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-Chaos-Mode/

Wind Waker Chaos Mode: https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-Chaos-Mode/

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

"I believe the dark clouds symbolize that man."

*Points to Toan through the window*

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
A hot dog is a sandwich

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Pee on your sandwich

e: this is not directed at anyone in particular

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I've been trying to post pictures of my sandwiches but every time I try, this happens

so you get this picture of my cockatiel perching on my lunch instead

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
That birb has no concept of personal space.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'll never tell him though and he'll never know because he doesn't watch my videos. Definitely don't tell him!

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

FPzero posted:

It was truly a hilarious and sobering moment.

Goku: Seed Money Thief.

So, to further explain my rambling in this episode, one way of managing damage to and from enemies in a game is to store the values that each enemy can do and take from each armor and weapon individually, so that the Kokiri Sword to Biggoron sword are 1, 2, 3, and 4, bows are 5, etc. And this way you can set an enemy to take triple damage from bows while being immune to swords, take more damage from the unbroken medigoron sword, etc. This works in reverse too, so that while Green Tunic link takes 1 damage from fire, red tunic takes 1/2, and blue tunic takes 2. In this scenario Child link is its own armor, and takes unique damage from each enemy compared to the other tunics. In some cases that damage will be 0 because child link was never meant to encounter them. That's what I think is happening here.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Seriously, who decided it should be a 3d fish dungeon!?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Didn't know about this romhack and LP until I saw your tweet in my feed, I'm going to binge-watch from the beginning since I'm curious about the amount of wall masters and the other creepy hands.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

OK I actually kinda like that puzzle where you have to have left-handed Link face the correct way to not throw his boomerang at the wall and get the skulltula token. Even if I'm not entirely sure it was even intentional. :v:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ahem, eyes up here Goku. And that finally marks the end of the first recording session. Stay tuned for adventures with Adult Link.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
at last, the fooded tomb

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The creator of this romhack should be put on trial for that stupid jump; either for doing it on purpose or for not properly playtesting their dungeon. The invisible gently caress-you spiders are also pretty inexcusable.

Overall this is a neat thing to see, though. Weird as all hell, and clearly bad in places, but really neat.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bring sandwiches for the next session. Lots of them. You’ll need em!

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I was going to only post things that increasingly stretched the definition of what a sandwich is, and then my grocery store had to go and gently caress everything up by giving out free bread for New Years :yaycloud:

It's smoked provolone and smoked turkey and black olives and it is delicious

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

...You made 15 episodes in a single recording session.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It was during Snowmageddon a few weeks back. I probably would have done the same thing if I didn’t have a hotel to run during it. Christ that was a long weekend

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What was the storm like in that area? Here in Delaware it was just:

:killdozer: Oh hey! A snowstorm that makes our plows and road salt worth it!
:effort: ...and now it's gone. Whee.

But somehow my state is this bizarre eye-of-the-storm where absolutely nothing affects us unless it screwed over someone else even worse. I remember calmly eating dinner at home during Hurricane Sandy and wondering "how are we just getting rain when further north people are experiencing power losses or worse?" :psyduck:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

...You made 15 episodes in a single recording session.

They went for like five straight hours, I think. Long enough that after I was done watching Elseworlds Part 1 I saw they were still going and debated hopping back in but ultimately chose not to because I was already losing interest in the hack before FP even got to Kakariko just because of how janky everything was.

Castle Town and Hyrule Castle might have turned it around for me, but it wasn’t meant to be.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

NGDBSS posted:

What was the storm like in that area? Here in Delaware it was just:

:killdozer: Oh hey! A snowstorm that makes our plows and road salt worth it!
:effort: ...and now it's gone. Whee.

But somehow my state is this bizarre eye-of-the-storm where absolutely nothing affects us unless it screwed over someone else even worse. I remember calmly eating dinner at home during Hurricane Sandy and wondering "how are we just getting rain when further north people are experiencing power losses or worse?" :psyduck:

Most of North Carolina got hit with a solid foot (give or take), and I know parts of Virginia got hit pretty bad too but I’m not sure of the exact amount. The next week it was 51 degrees because weather in North Carolina needs Adderall. And since North Carolina isn’t prepared for any kind of severe weather, conditions were still pretty bad (at least here in the mountains)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

We didn't get all that much where I live; we've certainly had much more dumped on us in a single snowstorm in previous years. Just, for some reason, this time everyone poo poo the bed and completely failed to deal with the snow. I had friends and family take from one and a half to around six hours on their commutes simply because somehow nobody was prepared for the snow despite having warning that it was coming. :doh:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So was the cat ok?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm not actually sure. Hopefully so, but Ryu will have to answer it because I didn't hear the aftermath from him.

Goku goes forward in time seven years and *still* can't catch a break.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I wonder if that 5 rupee chest could have been a Hylian Shield. If they didn't change it from the original game, if you already have a Deku or Hylian shield when opening a chest that would have one it gives you 5 rupees instead.

I'm just saying this because it'd make some sense out of an otherwise incomprehensible design decision. Taking into account the fact that this is a romhack and it's made plenty of weird choices already, I don't know what odds I'd actually put on this theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Bruceski posted:

So was the cat ok?

Cat update: The cat was fine, as it turned out he just really liked the snow!