Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Saladman posted:

Switzerland, so realistically it'd have to be a European cruise. The Norwegian fjords are pretty accessible by car, which I've done and loved and should probably go back since it's been 13 years (whoa). Does anything spring to mind for you in that case? Maybe Finland-Estonia-St Petersburg? Balkans also I've thought of several times, but tbh I think I'd want a car as I really enjoy driving on terrible roads through mountains even though my wife gets carsick on curvy mountain roads.

I’m really not a cruise or guided tour man myself, but I’ve actually done a scandinavia-estonia-petersburg cruise due to family. You can do all the scandinavian places and talinn quite easily without a tour. St Petersburg you have to do a tour, you can’t go off the boat otherwise. Its a rather horrid one too, or at least the one I had. You end up waiting in line forever at the hermitage and the peter and paul fortress, get shuffled past all the art without much chance to enjoy it and get forced for way too long into multiple gift shops.

As for the boat itself, they are huge. Its not hard to find a quiet place to eat or read and those made up most of my on boat time.

The cruise was by MSC, i did 0 of the planning but it seemingly all went well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU