Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, it looks like DeSantis has already come out against the celebrity cruise announcement, but it seems like for the most part the cruise lines are just ignoring him. Likely the correct course for them to take and it's gonna provide some entertainment to watch him try to fight it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
And there goes our September Alaskan Disney cruise.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
February Key West/Castaway Cay disney cruise from nola just got modified for us. Dropped both destinations, replaced with Cozumel and Costa Maya.
Kinda bummed, but got $400 on board credit for the inconvenience, so I'll just be wasted all 6 days.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

WhiteHowler posted:

We got turned away from Turks and Caicos last year as COVID was starting up everywhere, so we all got a $250 on-board credit. But there were only two nights left on the cruise, so those last two nights everyone got super hosed up, and the on-board bars started running out of certain types of alcohol.

So what you're saying is I should stash beer in my cabin and bring some empty containers and order liquor straight to save for later

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We've hit up castaway enough that I could take it or leave it. Losing Key West kinds hurt though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That's the Wonder out of new orleans

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Thanks for the thoughts! We have a Wonder cruise coming up in Feb. We go on this ship a lot, and it making home base in Nola is only going to make that happen more often (both of our cruises next year are on the Wonder).
Were they still doing the DVC cocktail hour/sales pitch for members? I always appreciated spending that time to slam some premix drinks and try and win some merch between sales stuff.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Zero One posted:

Difficult if you don't have a car but the Everglades is worth seeing.

Even better if you got a few days to spare just go all the way to key west and enjoy yourself.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Unless they are no longer issuing room keycards, you can just use a lanyard with your room key in it instead of carrying around your wallet and charge it all to your room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think once you get past the real cost of other cruise lines, Disney isn't entirely outrageous. I also think Disney's sticker price for a booking assumes 2 adults in a room whereas looking at Carnival will advertise their cost as "per person".
I also personally find costs on the ship for Disney to be easier to stomach vs Carnival. $5 drink of the day and the 21oz beer for the cost of a 16oz if you get the mug make things a little easier to stomach.