Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
I did a week long cruise in Alaska in June a few years ago. Pools were basically unused other than the hot tubs. I don't think it ever got above 64. The other downside to this is that all the people who would normally be up on the top deck of the ship are now inside, making it that much more crowded.

I had a lot of fun on the cruise as well as with the stops, but I couldn't help thinking that I'd rather have done a Caribbean cruise and then done a separate non-cruise trip to Alaska so I could spend a little more time actually IN all these beautiful landscapes we were constantly sailing past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
Cruise ship poker is the worst poker I've ever seen. It's like being at a home game in 2005.

Last time I was on Royal Caribbean was 3 years ago now. Large-ish ship, but not one of the newer mega-ships. There were usually 2 (maybe 3) tables of cash games going on at night. They did a tournament each day which was really just a single table SNG. Winner of each one of those played each other on the last day in a 5 person tournament with the winner getting the free cruise and tournament entry. The play was unbelievably bad but the structure is super fast, so you need some luck. 15 minutes in you're just shoving every hand hoping you don't get looked up.

I don't remember the rake, but I'm pretty sure it sucks. Is the play bad enough to over come it? Only one way to find out. I doubt it will be worth it to use the likely quality of the poker tables as a way to pick the cruise.