Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

My wife and I don't think we're cruise people, but we booked the Disney Wish 3-night for our anniversary. We are peasants and will get the latest booking window for excursions and specialty dining. Any suggestions? I think we'll be fine if we don't do anything, just explore the ship and hang out, but wondering if it's impossible given our lack of status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Mental health is in the crapper, so wife and I decided to book a 7-night eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Ulesi posted:

Cool, what stops are you making?

Stops in Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway. Plenty of at-sea days to relax.

Doronin posted:

Nice! When is your embarkation date?

We're sailing on the Fantasy again coming up on Oct. 14.

Speaking of my own DCL sailing coming up, we booked the Disney bus for the first time ever from the resort to the port. I didn't want to spend the money, but it ended up being ever so slightly less expensive than rideshare AND we get the benefit of our earliest boarding group ever! We've never done better than about Group 7 or 8, but this time, we're Group 4 so we'll be able to breeze through check-in and walk onto the ship earlier than normal (hopefully). Plus, apparently once they take our luggage at the resort, that's the last time we will handle it before it's at our cabin door.

Now I'm super happy we paid for the service.

Nov. 11-18. Cannot wait

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Also note that with the MagicBand+, if you want to use it to pay for something you still gotta take it off and hand it to the cast member, so other than the interactive elements they're worthless.

I have a MagSafe wallet for my iPhone, and just keep my KttW card in it with my ID. My wife used a lanyard

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Doronin posted:

I really need to invest in a MagSafe. Can you charge your phone with a wireless docking pad if that thing is attached, or do you have to remove the MagSafe to use one?

No, you can't wirelessly charge your phone with the wallet attached. I keep my wallet next to my keys, so it's not a big deal. Also, I had the official Apple one and hated it, as I tended to need to remove it to get a card out. I found this one and have been using it for awhile and love it: https://magbak.com/products/magbak-wallet?variant=22764113002577

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

If you miss the stated time to get back on the ship at a port, don't loving go on the news and bitch that you were left behind