Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

Got a Virgin Voyages cruise booked over Memorial Day weekend. They ended up changing our main port stop from the Dominican Republic to Grand Turk and with the change, somehow ended up wiping our onboard credits. Yay. It's times like this I wish I had booked through a travel agent, because they probably could have handled this by now. Instead, I'm on day 3+ of not hearing back from VV about this and probably have to call them :(

Also I know nothing about Grand Turk except the excursions look really tame. We had booked an ATV/waterfall tour in DR, but there's nothing really exciting to book in Grand Turk, it seems. I haven't looked outside what is offered by the cruise line yet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah weird, our VV in September was also changed from DR to GT but I assumed it was just a one off based on the email, is this what they sent you too?

Just checked my OBC and it’s stayed the same.

Funnily enough we didn’t bother getting off at Puerto Plata last year because my gf wasn’t feeling 100% and we knew we had it on this upcoming cruise. Didn’t really have any plans beyond going to the port area anyway, and my sister in law really likes Grand Turk so I’m happy with this.

Yep, same exact email. I just now checked in the app again and the bar tab was restored, thankfully. Not that we paid for it, we had an insane amount of free OBC for this cruise but I was sad to see it gone. Happy it's back!

I've been to DR before, but not the Puerto Playa area. I've heard the port isn't anything special but I was looking forward to that excursion. They still haven't refunded it and it's been like 10 days.