Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://twitter.com/thefuzzyaya/status/1665429722602565632?s=20

Wittgen posted:

Beyond the Spiderverse is just Miles and Miles killing all the spidermans, John Wick style.

Me and the bf have been talking about it and the conflict has to be that Miguel is wrong. Altho having a solid utilitarian motive for what they do they are doing harm for a Greater Good based on wrong assumptions.

Also that Miguel was a hair close to telling Miles he wasn't supposed to be Spierman cause he's black.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The_Doctor posted:

Lol no, that was definitely not the case. Not when you’ve had top agent Hobie around for some time.

Yea you had spiderwoman and Hobie but as a meta commentary on all the irl hate on Miles in the comics it hit home.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 23, 2023

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

egg tats posted:

so I saw this yesterday and I picked up on something that my friend didn't quite pick up on

so we've had 4 worlds onscreen that have, by Miguel's reckoning, world ending abberations: miles world, Miguel's doppelgangers world, Pavtirs world, and miles tails prowlers world

Miles world is doing fine, but I guess you could argue that it created spot who might destroy it?

Pavtirs world has a big ol dimension hole in it... but that was clearly caused by the spot, not some multiversal unravelling

doppelganger world did go away. rip to them, thoughts and prayers

Tails' world is doing fine. new York is a poo poo hole obviously but there's a new york still at least.

so like, Miguel is clearly, factually, probably wrong right? and we'll probably find out that he was directly responsible for it somehow, but either way I'm assuming no one disagrees with that part. but the reason Miguel is stuck on the canon stuff is because that explains why it happened and makes it something outside of his control.

the two options for Miguel as to why his family 2 died are:
Miguel's presence caused it, he should never have been there (he can't really afford to think this, especially since that would make spider society a Bad Idea)
there wasn't a Spider-man, because that world's Miguel was killed without ever getting powers. and when Miguel learned that miles was turned into a Spider-man with another dimensions spider... I'm assuming he hates miles because he thinks he "stole" other Miguel's spider and it'll be fun to see him find out about universe 42

also it's fun that gwen is a trans character I'm glad they made that into the movie

Miguel is absolutely wrong. He's not working with complete data and/or a lot of assumptions.

The criticism of the conflict is Miles saying |no there must be some third way" when given Miguel's utilitarian motives and that will work out no matter what cause of plot. But that assumes again that Miguel is 100% correct.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone else get Madonna, Hung Up from that?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DC Murderverse posted:

Lol I actually thought it sounded like the riff from Gimme Gimme Gimme, so you’re not alone.

It's the same riff, Madonna sampled it and all.

Gwen's theme hits hard.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 4, 2023

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Well holy poo poo that was good. Saw it at 1PM on a Monday and the theater was pretty crowded so that's probably a good sign.

Unfortunately I think I was the only one there who knew it was a Part 1 since the reactions to the "To Be Continued" were very negative.

One thing that'll be interesting to see resolved is that Aaron was already Prowler in our Miles universe when the spider bit him. Now, all the universes are different anyway so it's not necessarily true that he was already the Prowler in 42, but if 42 Miles is the Prowler and they're anti-heroes now that could mean that 42 Miles managed to talk Aaron out of that life. Which our Miles didn't try to do, leading to Aaron's eventual death.

Seems like Miles and Arron are a team, something happened that had Aaron give him the mantle of The Prowler. Probably has to do with Miles42's dad. I'm thinking it has to do with King Pin that turns both them to be Dark Knight style heroes.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

German guy bitten by a radioactive spider and grew extra arms so uses them to be an amazing synth pop artist. be more efficient at work related activities.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BioEnchanted posted:

Something I like is that it kind of makes sense for Venom to need to eat brains for the neurotransmitters (as that's the reason he gives for it). Look at what he is. He's a collection of independent cells that communicate with one another in order to process information, like neurons. A Symbiote is just a giant brain, and the problem with that is there is no physical form to attach a gland to so he can't make his own neurotransmitters. Without eating brains (or finding other ways of obtaining simiilar chemicals) his cells can't communicate as effectively with one another as they should do and he cannot survive like that. It's silly, but there is a fantasy type of logic to it.

Want to see Venom to face off against Mindflayers invading Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The_Doctor posted:

Interestingly the icon on the spiderverse social channels has changed.

Prowler colors?