Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

*bagel*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm not surprised there was an Edgar Wright shout out in the film because lots of it felt very much his style.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

Definitely see the movie in 3D if you get the chance. The animation style is perfect for it.

But it's so colourful! If it's a trade off between 3D and it looking so vivid I'd go for the latter every time.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Really neat article on the process that went into creating the movie's look and feel:

https://twitter.com/pramsey342/status/1072665741307056128

That's a great interview and has made me appreciate the film even more:

quote:

"That was always the art direction, where we would say, “I feel like we’re just making it incrementally more insane. Can you make it positively insane?” And then if we have to we’ll bring it back down again so we don’t terrify children with this mind-bending experience.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

If that is loosely multiplied by $15 / ticket on average that's $300 million dollars.

But it's not though - a streaming view can't be equated with a cinema ticket.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Iron Twinkie posted:

This movie was absolutely fantastic and its visual style was amazing but the one detail in its character design I can't stop grinning about is Doc Oc's hair bun giving her the silhouette like an actual octopus.

I liked her octagonal glasses.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This film got me really in the mood for some animated psychedelia that blasts you with colours like the film's ending. I've already rewatched Mind Game (which is loving incredible if you haven't seen it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqwsdcYReMU

Anyone got any other recommendations?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Is there that a great demand for people to... stop CERN?

You seem overly pleased with this absolutely ridiculous take.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

tin can made man posted:

Jefferson Davis apparently being the only cop in NY to the point where he's not only police security at the Kingpins Gala but also responding to emergency calls in Queens

He's not police security at the gala, there's a scene of him assisting someone outside the building and then heading inside to investigate the explosion

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

And family IS important :colbert:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The first post-Marvel-IP-sharing Sony-based Spider-Man feature hits three major story beats.

1. Peter Parker Spider-Man is gone
2. There simultaneously exist multiple versions of Spider Man in different universes
3. Miles is this "universe's" new Spider Man because there is no more Peter Parker

How is that not an extended metaphor for Sony's split ownership of Spider-Man as intellectual property

I actually think this is a neat interpretation and it makes me respect the movie more.

So I don't think they're an alt.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

21 Muns posted:

on some level it's comforting to know that Sony can still be reliably expected to gently caress up something really badly about all of their movies.

Just wanted to chip in to say that I thought what you perceived as a "gently caress up" was one of my favourite things about the movie. The fact that they managed to make the perception of depth on screen into something that fits with their comicbook aesthetic is insanely cool.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

more and more I think about it the more wholly unnecessary Penni/Noir/Ham were

Collectively I don't think they had more than 25 lines

You're wholly unnecessary. :colbert:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Amethyst posted:

what you're doing is backing a forum moderator banning someone for a month

The horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Simply Simon posted:

I'd love to have a reason or even a hint at a reason why someone who's such a good person in, well, person, is such a bad guy in costume.

This kind of moral disconnection from a job isn't that unusual. Look at the Predator drone operators who clock off from exploding weddings to go home and hang out with their families.