Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Davros1 posted:

I liked on the behind the scenes doc, they directors said they kept asking Nicholas Cage to "go a little bit further" with his performance, until he asked "Do you just want me to go full Cage?"

Is that not why he was hired in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

At least Spectacular is on Netflix now and will hopefully reach a big audience. I love the way it introduces all the villains as human characters right away so they're already established by the time they get their powers. Though I still think Eddie's heel turn was extremely forced and it's the one time I felt like the show was forcing a round peg into a square hole. Definitely the best Spidey television though. People never believe me when I tell them it's way better than the 90s cartoon because they have nostalgia goggles on.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

MrMojok posted:

Is this Netflix UK? I can’t find it on mine, only the three Raimi films.

I could swear I just watched it on Netflix but apparently it's on Disney+.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I don't understand how human beings even made this. I have never seen anything like it in my life — not even the first Spider-Verse. They've raised the bar astronomically high.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Darko posted:

I got kind of mad when Dr Strange or Spider-man or whatever said the MCU was 616. It was just a whole misunderstanding of the whole point of a multiverse to such a dumb level that I couldn't belive it got filmed.

It was Mysterio in Far From Home who was just bullshitting about his multiverse stuff. Unless they brought that back in No Way Home? I can’t remember.

Doesn’t Into the Spider-Verse show that Peter B. Is from 616 or am I imagining that?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

When Miles goes to the wrong universe, it was telegraphed in several different ways. Miguel’s reveal that Miles’ spider was from an alternate universe missing its own Spider-Man. The way they say the machine sends people back to their own dimension “based on their DNA” which was extremely specific. The computer literally shows “EARTH-42” on it when earlier in the film we explicitly see that Miles is from 1610. Gwen going up to Miles’ window while Miles in the room had real Silence-of-the-Lambs-wrong-house. I kept thinking “why are they dragging out this reveal for so long when it’s obvious to every single audience member what happened?”

Then i talked to a friend and he didn’t see it coming at all and was even confused when Miles’ mom didn’t know who Spider-Man was. I guess it’s one of those things that’s easy to miss if you aren’t actively paying attention. I was definitely surprised by Miles-42 being the Prowler, which seemed like an obvious twist-on-the-twist in retrospect.

Maybe the nerdiest thing I’ve ever done in my life was explaining to my girlfriend afterwards the several layers to and history of Donald Glover’s cameo in the movie.

Seriously what a great movie though. I feel like I’m gonna see it two or three more times in the theater which is something I haven’t done in years and years.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Nthing the complaints about Gwen's opening dialogue. I honestly thought our theater had sound issues because she sounded muddled in a way that did not feel intentional.

But man I can't wait to see this again. Next time I'm getting second row seats.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It was, but Hailee Steinfeld said she hasn't recorded any dialogue for it yet.

Do you have a source for that? Because the dialogue should’ve been recorded literally years ago.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I think it’s a bit mixed up because she says they recorded four years ago, and back then this was supposed to be one movie. I’m 95% sure all the dialogue for both movies was in the can a VERY long time ago. She’s likely referring to a fourth, which is bound to happen at some point.

I’ll give you the other point though.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Video games was extremely dull in tht first game but in his own game he rules because they were able to pull from the movie for his characterization.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Speaking of video game Miles and Prowler Miles, my new dream is for Earth 42 Miles to be a good guy and he builds our Miles the LED helmet from the video game. That would look unbelievably cool in their animation style.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Azubah posted:

Noir and Ben are going to fight but it'll be to out angst each other.

This is extra great because Andy Samberg is currently doing an impression of Nic Cage for Digman.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Barudak posted:

I cannot believe Miles Prowler is cannon. If he has two braids Im not sure I can handle it

Miles "Braids" Prowler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I just got out of a showing of Into the Spider-Verse with a live orchestra and DJ. It was a really incredible experience! It’s legit my favorite movie of all time but I missed it in the theater, so this was more than worth the ticket price for me. If you get the chance to see it, don’t pass it up.