Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

I'd like to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Zack Ater posted:

Always go back to Gloomhaven.
I don't know what the scenario entails, but just to be contrary, go do clockwork cove.
Move the difficulty back up to +0.

voting for this

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

quote:

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
Also, I have yet to hear confirmation from Zurai and archduke.iago (and I'll need the latter to send an email to gloomhavenlp@gmail.com with their preferred contact method). I've seen them both post itt, so I presume they'll come around soon :)

Sent you an email

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Zurai posted:

It doesn't actually matter which hex I start in since I'll be able to do my opening turn regardless of positioning, so if C2 is important to whoever else wanted it, I'll happily move over to E2 instead.

My plan for my turn is to use the bottom of Overwhelming Assault to move to C3 and push Bandit Archer 3 into the trap adjacent to it, then use the top of Provoking Roar to damage and disarm Bandit Archer 1.

If I'm reading this right, this sequence ends up putting Archer 3 on G2, stunned. Archer 1 will target you at disadvantage, while Archer 2 will stay put and shoot you as well. I don't think there's anywhere I can stand to draw one of the shots away from you. The fact that the Archers end up like this is a bit unfortunate for my AOE but w/e, I'll use the bottom of Rumbling Advance to move to F3 (damaging both archers) and attack the one in the back with the top of my other card.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

I'll pick some flexible cards and go rather late then.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

I'll activate Backup Ammo and walk into the door tile. Planning to pickoff any remaining archers while hitting the boss next turn.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Rocky what's your plan? Can you move far enough to chuck a couple rocks at things? That would really help me plan my turn.

Yes, I can stand in the center of the room and throw two rocks, but it'll be fairly late unfortunately. I've got boots and a lot of move, so I can stand basically anywhere.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

I'm having trouble finding a place to stand that's in range of door B at the moment without using the move 4/jump/loss, is that worth a base hit of 3 on the boss?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Zurai posted:

If you're planning to use the bottom of Crater to be in range of the boss, that's going to require me to move to K3 instead of J4, which means the elite archer actually will not be attacking me at disadvantage and I'll be taking friendly fire damage from Crater. That could be rather painful or it could be no big deal, it depends on how badly the elite archer draws on its first card.

I was planning to use the boots as well to shoot from F6, one rock at the boss, one at whichever archer is most appropriate.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Zurai posted:

My current plan is to move relatively quickly and attempt to push the archer into the trap. If it goes before me it'll move away and invalidate that, though, so it depends on what they draw for initiative.

Planning to heal you and attack the boss + any other targets late in the round.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

My plans haven't really changed, I'll heal Bullwinkle and launch a tornado that should hopefully hit boss + 2 zombies, archer on J6, building trap on I5 seems fine.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Yeah, I think punting the skeleton to the trap is probably for the best. My rocks cause splash damage this turn so I think I'll target the zombie mobs this turn.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

I think the bones are the greatest threat here, and that we can leave the right side zombies to walk towards us while we clean up this side. I can "guarantee" a kill on the topside skeleton if I can out-speed him and stunning the southern bones is probably good too.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

The Cragheart's strong suit :3:

Also please note that if you do not take a Short Rest at the end of this Round, you'll be forced to take a Long Rest in the following one. Please let me know how you want to proceed! (and if you'd like to reroll any specific lost card) :)

I'll short rest, I'm willing to lose up to 2 hp to keep Dirt Tornado, Massive Boulder, and Heaving Swing

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

Unfortunately, you can only do the "spend 1HP to reroll the lost card" once per rest.

Fortunately, non of those cards was lost! You've lost Earthen Clod instead.

Oh oops, I've been playing where you continually lose HP if a card you want to keep is picked! Oh well.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

So I can kill Bones3, then move to either F4 or D6, leaning towards the latter so I can tank a bit. I'm imagining a cluster of zombies on G7, I7, H6, J6, K5?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Pretty happy about this. I was most concerned that I'd kill the bones on the first hit and miss out on the XP proc. But yes, planning to AOE disarm the zombies.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Master Splinter, I'm going to be disarming the zombies this turn, so there's no need to go invisible. If you'd like, do you mind standing on the southern coin and stabbing Zombie 5 instead? It should make the AOE more efficient- if you kill zombie 1, I can only hit 2 of the remainder.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

No worries!

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Seems pretty simple? I'll bash the surviving zombie and move towards the chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

:munch: I'm legitimately surprised Cragheart didn't play Massive Boulder to end up on the chest.

uhhh i meant to and picked the wrong card on accident