Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Piell posted:

As far as items, we need all new ones

Mindthief: Cloak of Invisibility (Item 005), Minor Stamina Potion (Item 013)
Cragheart: Boots of Striding (Item 001), Minor Stamina Potion (Item 013)
Brute: Boots of Striding (Item 001), Minor Stamina Potion (Item 013)

I agree with these!

As for the road event... it's probably going to turn out to be some dragon's dog, which is going to murder us for trying to kidnap its dog, or something like that, but... we can't just leave the dog out there alone! Take the dog back to GH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Always go back to Gloomhaven.
I don't know what the scenario entails, but just to be contrary, go do clockwork cove.
Move the difficulty back up to +0.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Piell posted:

Try to save the Vermling, lynching is bad and Master Splinter should save a fellow Vermling.

This, of course. I'm pretty meh on the helmet, though. Maybe a donation from someone? Gotta get that ball rolling sometime.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Eat the berries.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Narsham posted:

a few other characters (like the Scoundrel) can do more than 10 damage to a single foe in a turn should they need to do so.

I hit the boss of this scenario for... It was either 24 or 28 damage, in one hit. Either way, great single-target damage, once a scenario (I mean it's not bad damage outside of that one time but it's great once per scenario.)

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

That's not even getting close to what the Scoundrel can manage, either. We can discuss this since the class guides were linked when the thread was picking classes, right? This is purely from class cards: Scoundrel can get a 4x modifier, before a crit. So 8x on a crit. Once a scenario. There are even more shenanigans to stack on top that, but that's definitely a discussion suited more for the main thread.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm technically the most mobile but I also don't want to be greedy.

Always be greedy!

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Are we not voting on the event yet?

Perk - Ignore negative item effects (or if we don't buy armor I'd say remove two -1s is better but you probably don't want if/thens in the voting...)
Money - Buy Hide Armor for Bullwinkle, no opinion on items for the others, but also anyone who has enough to donate after buying items should do so. Always.

e: if we're voting for the event then option A.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Rocky should get at least 2 gold and then immediately donate all his money to a tree.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

I guess I would rather try to help and fail than be an rear end in a top hat so I vote Option A.

Same.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Either way, it doesn't hurt to at least wait until after the event to see if we get that last tick of prosperity.

Option A for that, by the way.

Splinter: Hostile Takeover, Remove two -1s and Ignore negative scenario effects 

Rocky: Explosive Punch, Ignore Negative Scenario effects and Replace one -1 card with one +1 card 

Bullwinkle: Fatal Advance, Remove two -1 cards 

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Y'all are combining names. Diamond Mines, Gloomhaven Warehouse.

GH Warehouse, mostly because we didn't go that route in my playthrough :v:

Road events tend to suck, I wish there were a "walk on by" option. But since there's not, I guess we should take option A to help the Inox.

Everyone should donate. No other real opinions on spending.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

There are enough road events, I'd say let's just do one between every scenario regardless. More content!

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

But with the current template, that necessitates the person you're healing being adjacent to the enemy you're attacking. The upgrade dot isn't particularly relevant yet.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

That was quite a nice outcome for a road event, wow.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Reik posted:

This road event catches a lot of flak because if you aren't recently wracked with guilt from the battle at wounded Inox you don't really have a reason to not side with the Gloomhaven guards, and this event is the only way to get that item.

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just used to road events being either one option is more bad and the other less bad, but both are bad, or one being bad and the other being neutral. I think this is the second positive road event resolution I've seen, and it being an item - which persists until whomever gets it sells it or retires, and even then it become purchasable, so it's a permanent positive result - seems like quite a good outcome.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I didn't go back and check all of the updates, but at least your last few part B updates have been titled Inox Encampment instead of Diamond Mine.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

City event Option A.

Everyone should donate. Always :P

Gloomhaven Square A, just because I did B in my game.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Didn't we decide before this last scenario to just always do a road event?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

That's a pretty funny starting turn.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Aren't the skellies only at shield 2, because the card takes into account their stat block?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Ripley posted:

Ha, I didn't know that - sounds like my group were making shielded enemies harder than they should have been.

It's specifically with the Gloomhaven Helper app (and maybe with other apps, idk.) The cards in the box don't take stat blocks into account since the cards can be shared over multiple specific enemy types. But the GH app goes ahead and figures out the final numbers and displays them on the cards when you draw them.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I think you only get a choice where archers 4 and 5 would lay them, because of the "closest to an enemy" clause. 2 would place in B9 (closest to the skelli), 3 would place in E5 (closest to the corpse), 4 has the option of A1 or B3, 5 has the option of D7 (closer to the skelli) and C5 (closer to the corpse.)

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Reik posted:

Bullwinkle perk: lose -1, gain +1
Bullwinkle sell hide armor.
All three donate
City event B, hopefully Rocky knows what this Savvas is up to.

I agree with all of this.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

If an action has the word "attack," or the word "focus" in it, it will not affect invisible players. It's in the FAQ, I can pull up a quote in a bit

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hope all your road events end with No Effect!

Hey, there are a few positive outcomes.

That Italian Guy posted:

Omw to Gloomhaven, I'll let you know when I get there!

Seriously, though, have a good trip!

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Minor typo - you have Rocky as killing archer 1 when it should be 3. Not sure if you care much since they're all dead and it doesn't really matter.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

No, no, go ahead, open it

Gotta show off everything for the LP, right? :pseudo:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Reik posted:

Unfortunately there's no Ice element this turn :(

Monster Turns:

Viper 2 to F4 -> Attack Rocky for 1 + Poison
Viper 7 can't draw focus, stands still.
Elite Ooze 8 to F6 -> Attack Rocky for 2 (3 with poison)
Ooze 4 -> Attack Rocky for 1 (2 with poison)

So Rocky will take an expected 6 damage, we'll have an elite Ooze in F6 and a viper in F4 if I'm doing the AI correctly.

I think the elite ooze would attack Bullwinkle. Focus is determined by shortest distance to attack (Rocky and Bullwinkle are tied for this), then proximity (Bullwinkle is closer to the Elite's starting position (the wall doesn't block proximity) and it chooses focus before moving), then initiative if there's still a tie (which is why the normal slime will attack Rocky.)

But monster focus is weird so I might very well be wrong.

e: I am! Nevermind.

Telum fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 20, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Reik posted:

Are you counting the distance "as the crow flies" between Bullwinkle and the elite Ooze as 3, going through that "hex" that isn't on the map?

I was, yeah, but double checking the FAQ they do say not through walls. My bad :v:

e: ^ yeah, that

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Do you want me to stun elite or regular ooze?

I would say the normal, just because the Elite's more likely to die this turn, but you're not currently in range of the normal, so you'd be attacking it at disadvantage after you scurry over to it. So that makes me lean towards using your ranged on the elite.

On the other hand, Bullwinkle's got a nice skewer lined up and it'd be a bit of a shame if you accidentally killed the elite first...

e: v it's still a good attack even without air.

Telum fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 22, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Shouldn't Splinter have done 5 damage? 2 base, +1 mod, +2 bonus, and this is before the demon would get to put up shield. Or was that supposed to read -1 mod?

Telum fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 23, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Phelddagrif posted:

Ugh, that is a lot of damage they're doing. I'm prepared to take some hits, but that's pretty scary!

Normally I'd take a step back so only a single hound can attack, and nothing else can. That risks us getting bottlenecked however.

Here's what I propose: I use boots to move to B2 and do an Attack 5 on the hound. A -1 or better means it will die from the retaliation I set up. If Splinter can move in and mind control the Frost Demon, it will attack the other hound and a spirit for us. I'm still taking a bunch of attacks from the spirits and a hound, but I should have enough shields to come out OK. Of course, if I don't kill the hound then that's another Attack 4 coming my way...

Is that crazy or does that work OK for y'all?

I say do it :black101:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

:munch: Unless I missed something, Splinter should have taken Retaliate damage.

Bullwinkle, as well.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I don't think Bullwinkle should've eaten a retaliation since he wasn't adjacent.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I'd say Scurry for the move 4 and Into the Night so she'd be safe for a long rest next turn? Init wouldn't matter too much, but I guess go with the 14.

Not sure where she should go with that movement, but :shrug:

E: yeah she could use ItN as a generic move 2 so she could reach something to attack with scurry, and then use her invisibility cloak. That's a better plan. I'd still advocate long resting while invisible.

Telum fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 28, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

It shows Chainmail last charge spent twice.

Once for Rocky, once for Bullwinkle.

Telum fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 18, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

There's still a trap under Drake 5.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

You will laugh and laugh when you see my battle goal.

I hope it's either sociable or retaliator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Omobono posted:

What's the standard modifier deck composition before perks by the way?

Going from memory here, but I'm pretty sure it's:
One x2
One null
One +2
One -2
Five +1
Five -1
Six +0