Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Clockwork Cove please! (I know this is a minority opinion).

How important are the three rollover-heal perks to the tyrant? Seems like they'd be a good way to squeeze another turn or two out of Ash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Good thing Rocky can both use Earth and choose not to generate it!

E: update on previous page, go look at it

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Yikes. That's going to put a wrench in some plans.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Lurker chiming in here - this thread is super cool and good and thank you TIG for running it, and players too :)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Did Pikachu draw double 0s for the disadvantage on the attack on the night demon?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Where's the plate in the (currently) middle room, again? can Pikachu move into ash's room this turn?

this scenario is tricky with a beastmaster.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Well Hell. and this isn't even the last room.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

That was absolutely the right time to use Cranium Overload top. And the heal on Ash, too, since the bear would have died otherwise!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Please remember that you don't need to kill them all to win.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

That Italian Guy posted:

Imo, if you like GH, FH is probably going to be better, since Isaac has had a few editions (plus Forgotten Circles and Jaws of the Lion) to improve mechanics and see what works and what doesn't.

on the downside, Marcel is still involved and he is not a good designer. He designs things that are fun to design, instead of things that are fun to play. Forgotten circles destroyed my group's interest in gloomhaven.

on the subject of this turn - that was really well done. 3 deaths in a single round, including both night demons - and probably both remaining cultists die before they summon skeletons.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

oh wow that is A Good Turn to hypno-rat a rending drake!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Corrupting Embrace for Splinter, B

pikachu perk: +1 wound, A

I'm going to enjoy what happens next regardless, so I don't have a vote for the other choices.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

A please.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Can I be added to the potential-player list, please?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

3) That Italian Guy

Seconded

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

For the mindthief:

battle goal Stalwart: it'd be nice if we can get Stalwart but more to the point Pacifist is not something we're going to be able to do.

I suggest Remove Posession, Add Frigid Apparition because making allies do things is cool and all, but a reusable stun that we can enable with 2 cards of ours (hostile takeover, perverse edge) is cooler. Plus, being able to steal ice from the living spirits turns an awful turn into a less-awful one, if it comes up.

I'm torn on Into The Night, here. it could be very good for saving damage taken, but it could also be a Fearsome Blade (which is very good in crypts which often have traps) or Empathetic Assault, which is a whole bunch of survivability as well.

e: the scenario requires revealing M and killing all revealed enemies. We should decide whether we're going the skeleton way or the zombie way. I think Skeletons.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

the previous plan for splinter seems good still, let's go with that.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

My initial thought for Mindthief was to dump 3 attacks into living corpse 2 but it seems likely that 1 attack plus the hit from the warrior spirit would do it.

Frigid Apparition and Perverse Edge, 29

The idea is to hopefully go after Pikachu so that the spirit acts before us then finishing off corpse 2 with the top of Frigid Apparition. Then we shoot and stun corpse 3 to maybe keep the spirit alive.

I like this plan - I was considering Brain Leech bot, but that leaves Splinter vulnerable to the other elite moving and hitting hard.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

if Lina can make ice, Splinter can stun Corpse 3 and Corpse 4 should fall to some combination of the summon, Lina, and ratstab.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

the hammer summon is closest to Corpse 4, right? so that's the one it'll choose to attack?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Let's have Corpse 4 move next to Corpse 3, to make a double stun possible. It does mean Ash has some wandering around to do, but I'm OK with that. Omobono/Lina were you planning on going fast-ish so the stun hits this turn, or late-ish so they act this coming turn but are stunned the next?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

Mass Hysteria bottom to basic move to G2 and then Corrupting Embrace for two attacks on corpse 2?

I concur, going with the faster initiative (mass hysteria 12)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Metagaming a little, the top is gonna have more corpses and fewer skeletons. I think top.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

Good plan. Cranium Overload, Hostile Takeover, 05

concur

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Splinter can either nope out of the room, or move one square in and immobilize the elite. Anything else gets her pasted I think

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Hmmm. Is now late enough to start using losses? If so, I'm for brain splode; otherwise, maybe it's time to do high numbers of high quality stabs

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

hmm. splinter gonna take a hit or 3. scurry forward to F1, stab and stun Corpse 6, take the spirit hits on the chin, and coldfire stuns both corpses and the elite spirit for next turn?

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Aug 31, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

There's a decent chance that the corpse could be dead by the end of Ash's rampage, so I vote to stun the elite spirit. Agreed otherwise.

I'm certainly OK with that plan. Let's stun the elite spirit instead.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

FairGame posted:

Sorry I'm not voting on Splinter stuff; I'll try and be more active. I think I'm controlling a dude either next scenario or two from now, so I was trying to be more hands-off. (Plus I generally agree with the proposed moves for our DPS rat)

the more the merrier, when it comes to threadrat, IMO! even if you agree, posting to say so helps us feel not so alone

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Fwiw i think it's worthwhile for other players to chime in with threadrat plans too, but maybe I'll feel differently about that if/when I'm playing one of the others.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Splinter could Corrupting Embrace through corpse2 to C3 (thereby adding a little oomph to Ash's mauling) and then Frigid Apparition the spirit, consuming ice to stun it and maybe even get through its shield a teensy bit

Ideally, I'd like to be in a position to use Scurry to loot in 2 turns, to grab the chest if nothing else - unless we're going to end before then, in which case we'd need to short rest this turn to get Scurry back.

e: the alternative would be to Corrupting to the treasure tile (H2) this turn, using Hostile Takeover or Mass Hysteria to take a potshot or two, while resting for Scurry and then next turn grab Every Coin In Existence

Superterranean fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 1, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

OK then. I suggest Splinter use Corrupting Embrace and Mass Hysteria, at MH's initiative (12). Jump 4 to the treasure tile, passing through the corpse to poison it, then MH everything.

At end of round, short rest and protect Scurry, with the intention of using it as fast as possible next round to BOOM loot the room.

e: ^^^I'm ok with the other ranged attack too, it's really whatever

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

I thought the plan was for Splinter to get the chest. I mean, whatever, as long as someone gets it, Splinter can just move to wherever gets the most coins on a loot2 next turn.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Old Dun Cow posted:

Voting: if Lina moves to the treasure chest, fire off the three ranged attacks, then jump to J2. If the treasure tile is empty, jump through the corpse and poison it then shoot the enemies. Short rest to recover Scurry.

Concur

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Splinter's gonna scurry bottom, which is a loot2. Does Lina have a big move to go stand on some other coins?

also, I'm glad it worked out to have Lina get second skin :)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

1) shuffle RNG for mvp, for giving basically everyone some fantastic crits
2) B, rivertime
3) Engulfed in Flames and +1Wound perk
4) Rampage, Blood Hunger, and double 0->+2 perk
5) road B, red birds are not good eats
6) A, level+1

looking forward to kibitzing about Lina.

e: update on previous page!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

I've already voted on the city event and Lina's perk, so I'm not gonna revote.

3) Punch Through, for bearmurdering fire demons.
4) Volatile Bomb NO, save up for enchanting.
5) next destination: Forgotten Crypt.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Slaan posted:

5. Forgotten Crypt- Time for Splinter to move on. He's been fighting long enough

She. Splinter is a girl, Pikachu is a boy.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

what's due to spawn at b and c? if Splinter isn't gonna do splodeybrains, they should position for a horde of rats. Poisoning elites feels like a good use of gnawing horde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Votes
1) A
2) I'm ok with Echo Chamber
3) D works for me
4) B, D
5) D, E: Let's see what the new character is!