Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:siren: So, Jim "Mad Dog / Chaos / Warrior Monk" Mattis has announced his resignation in a spicy letter telling Trump to find someone who agrees with him. :siren:

Which means that there's a new opening in the White House that needs to be filled and nobody knows who the hell it's going to be.

In the spirit of gallows humor for those of us who are still in, (gently caress you and :lol:) able to be recalled, (:laffo:) or work as a civilian (F), let's try and guess who the next maniac in charge of us will be.

There might be a prize or something, maybe we'll throw some donations to charity in, maybe someone will send you a 6XL t-shirt with :mcnally: on it, maybe the mods will turn this into a secret toxx/Skilcraft avatar thread after I post it,, who the gently caress knows in this loving timeline. I'll let the thread decide.

I'll get this started.

Lt. Col (retired) Oliver North

This nonsense ends with either a nomination by POTUS, Mattis walking back his resignation, moderator intervention, or nuclear hellfire, which ever happens first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Eric Prince.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

John Bolton

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
John "The Mustache" Bolton.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Erik Prince, maybe John Bolton.

Comedy option, Mike Flynn pardon/appointment.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
One of Putin's crony's

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Grover

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's definitely going to be another retired general because that gives Trump legitimacy over the military in his mind.

So yeah, Mike Flynn pardoned and appointed bing bong boom.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I hope its McNally

This way he can be the change from the inside.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Calling random marine general.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It’s going to be some retired E-9 that gets in his ear.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Melthir posted:

Calling random merchant marine general.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It'll be Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf :rip:. I guarantee Trump's trying to get in touch with him right now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

William Calley is still alive, he'd be a great fit.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Secretary of Defense Dan Bilzerian

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Oliver North, Allen West, Erik Prince are all pro options, too

Perhaps Secretary of Defense Ryan Zinke, and that's really why he left Interior

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's gonna be Jared Kushner or someone else that apocalyptically nepotistic or incompetent

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Uncle Kostya

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Dick loving Cheney

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It'll be Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf :rip:. I guarantee Trump's trying to get in touch with him right now.

gl he's loving dead lol,.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Sec Def General William G “Jerry” Boykin

Or

Sec Def “Member of DEVGRU Widely Believed to be Implicated in War Crimes But Not Yet Indicted And Who Has a Really Bad-rear end Nickname like ‘Slab’ or ‘Tomahawk’ or ‘Burier of Tomahawks in Haji’s Skull’ or ‘Canoe Chief’”

Are my picks

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

like that stops republicans

https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/1075906568007360512

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

:thejoke:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:stare:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Miller

its going to be bolton

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
we should give Rumsfeld another go at the job. third time's a charm, as they say.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cheney again

but i mean he's been president already so its a demotion

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Steve K. (I Survive on Bacon, Scotch, and My Own Tears) Bannon.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Put me in for Benedict Arnold's exhumed skeleton

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

After careful google searches, I believe Bob Shoop makes the best sec defense

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snnop Dogg, he will best negotiate peace

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

that gomer what gave trump a purple heart.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GOORRKAAAAA

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Ted Nugent

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Stanley McChrystal would be an interesting pick for Secretary of Defense. Though if he couldn’t keep his trap shut about Obama there’s no way he’s going to handle Trump. So scratch him from the list- though it’d be interesting.

Lindsey Graham has been floated on Twitter. I’m gonna go ahead and say no way to that one too.

I don’t know that there are any good candidates that are willing to be trumps SecDef.

This is all kind of horrifying the more I think about it. I’m retired but I still care a great deal about the military and it’s service members. They deserve the best leadership possible. But I don’t think anyone with an A-game to bring to the DoD will work for trump.

So sometime after Mattis leaves we’re gonna see Trump face a real national security threat like more Russia fuckery, or China loving around in the SCS, or Iran doing some great job at state sponsored terrorism, or ISIS or AQ pulling off a major terrorist attack on the CONUS. And who will be there in Mattis’ place? Some 3rd string bureaucrat that doesn’t impress or give other nations leadership pause like Mattis does or like any of his predecessors did. And also just loving :lol: at what national security council meetings look like post Mattis. Motherfucker was the only competent grown up in the room.

The next best guys on the NSC are loving Mike Pence and, god loving help us, Bolton.

Mattis 2020. I’ll vote republican if he primaries Trump. Hell, I’ll register as a Republican just to vote in the primaries for him. (Actually I wouldn’t have too in my state but whatevs)

I feel like Tammy Duckworth is the candidate that the Dem’s need for 2020 but she quite literally doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

Paul Ryan is leaving the speakership and congress all together in a few weeks- He’s no military genius but who knows. He did run a chamber of congress and sat on the HASC and appropriations committees before becoming Speaker. Actually, you know what? Hillary Clinton is as likely as Paul Ryan so scratch him.

He’s gonna promote the SECAF to SECDEF so he can say he appointed the first female to SecDef. Bonus: She doesn’t suck as a leader and we’d have a woman keeping these loving generals in line. Something tells me a range of issues in the DoD would get properly fixed- like all the rapes, for instance.

Heather Wilson is my pick for surprise candidate for SecDef. It’s a pick that doesn’t suck completely, and leaves the DoD with a competent leader and gives trump some kinda victory for first female SecDef.

Heather Wilson. Just watch.

:sigh:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Kissinger is still alive and it would make Nixon Speedrun jokes funnier.

DinosaurWarfare
Apr 27, 2010
Oliver North has a p good reputation of being a "company man", is that not exactly what the POTUS would be looking for?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Heather Wilson. Just watch.

I googled her a bit and lol, I dunno about that now

Report: Trump may fire Air Force Secretary Wilson over Space Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene