Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

haha god drat pat with the real truths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

you don't have to eat the hair just take the loving hair out it's not that hard

i dont think the entire bowl is filled with hair

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

watching woolie shitstomp every round isn't good content so im glad he 'went easy' (still won most of the time)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

please tell me one single thing that happens in dragonball that lets goku beat the new villain other than he squeeze real hard and he number go up

sometimes when the number go up he hair changes

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

you don't have to defend your beloved kiddie show to the death it's OK to like + enjoy stuff that is bad, see: everything else on television

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Viridiant posted:

Saying that every piece of media that does threat escalation is bad is as reductive and simplistic a way of thinking as saying that every character that's written like a Mary Sue is bad. A story can have an overdone or simple trope and still tell a brilliant story. "Threat escalation" is so vague and nonspecific a concept that you can do a whole lot of different things with it.

I'm sorry but did you just call Dragon Ball Z a 'brilliant story' because that's the stupidest thing thats been said in this thread in months

and i haven't been reading the thread much

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

good now this debate can end, no point continuing discussion with people who are not even attempting to hide their trolling

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Idk what you mean, steam still has no competition.

some imitators sure, but no competition

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rewatched the Deadly Premonition LP to refresh my memory and man I forgot how drat wierd that game got. Also at the end of the Director's Cut version which they played, there's actually a hint at the sequel where York says there's something happening in New Orleans, so Swery had an idea even back then of what he wanted to do with it I guess.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

im christian as gently caress, i.e. im white and when people ask if i've read the bible i say yes, no i dont need any of your leaflets thanks. heaven please

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

sorry i have no idea how that post got there, it was meant as a joke reply in another thread

kind of confusing i dont think i was even in this thread earlier today

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So this is apparently a thing that will soon exist. Expectations for it being any good, not so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxTSU3cWFTc

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well ok guess ill watch that LP again

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

This Automata lp is kind of rough because Liam's a bad guy who lets woolie blow past all the sidequests, or even encourages it.

Also it, like the latest Kotor stream, still has some of Woolie's uh, Thoughts, about Japan. It's nowhere bear the nadir of that though, which was Catherine.

Liam tells woolie about the good sidequests later, dont get your OCD in a bunch

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i won't say anything but i think the new ff7r is cool + good all the way through and i cant wait to watch pat finish it. hurry up pat

he's streaming it right now but had to go help paige with something

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 16, 2020

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The one negative argument I kind of believe is people who feel that the new story kinda hinges on people being familiar with the old game already, so it's less friendly to people going in completely blind, which is fair I think. But being a completely faithful remake would have been way less interesting (and probably less profitable).
Like, did ANYONE give a poo poo about the FF8 remake / reskin or whatever a while back?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I'm here for it, the salt is getting real. Dokapon's been some of the best content going the past few weeks, even if it seems endless that only makes it better when major poo poo does happen

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

hm I didn't realize the dokapon youtube episodes were so behind the actual run, it looks like theres 2 and a half 4-hour sessions in the bank still and another (potentially final?) being recorded tonight

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the next several episodes til the end of this stream bunch is gonna be kinda dire

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I very rarely viscerally react to a tv show I'm watching but that right there made me jump out of my seat and shout OH COME THE gently caress ON ARE YOU SERIOUS

I don't know if the rest of korra is good or not because I stopped watching after that scene.

You should watch the rest, there's a lot of dumb stuff but there's also a lot of really cool + good stuff

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

what traitor list?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

it really is amazing what incredibly stupid poo poo people are not only willing to say, but willing to shout at the internet and declare THIS IS ME, THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE

no wonder TV is dead

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo

crazy dude has been BUSY

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Patware posted:

drat everyone's really sticking their necks out for reheated the walking dead vegetarian-style

drat man good joke how long did it take you to come up with that

like i imagine there was a ton of workshopping here for real, did you work with some of the simpsons writing team or

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

I honestly don't feel like justifying why most of us don't want to see deadnames in media to you. I'm so loving tired of it.

Do you also get offended every time a character in a movie swears because it feels directed at you? shut the gently caress up

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Here's a hot tip about Media: people have different goals and views in life. Not everyone agrees with you. You're gonna run into people you disagree with IRL. Media depicts all sorts of horrible poo poo you don't want to run into IRL, like murder, robberies, rape, etc. We don't ban those things in media just because they are bad things that people shouldn't do. It's important to know that bad things exist + could happen so you can be wary of them in reality when you are out + about in the world. Sometimes people might say A Bad Thing that You Don't Like. Are you prepared to deal with that? Are you going to freak out when it happens? It's better to experience it in media, where adults can separate fiction from reality, and learn from it.

Is the depiction of deadnaming in Deadly Premonition 2 portrayed as a Good Thing? Do you even have the context of it or are you just angry that you heard it happened? Have you played the game or even watched the relevant scenes on youtube? Because York is also depicted earlier in the game as being very sympathetic and postive towards trans people. Maybe there's more to it than "OMG York said a Bad Thing, CANCEL SWERY NOW" kneejerk reactionaries who haven't even played the game would know or care about. But it's impossible to take this reaction seriously when the only thing being posted in this thread is "deadnaming bad, swery = bad"

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

I'm glad that SWERY and Forums User Indecisive are here to teach trans people that deadnaming can happen

You're pretty dense aren't you. Sorry you are being oppressed by this video game you haven't actually played, but not everything referencing trans people is meant solely for consumption by trans people. Maybe other people can learn something since you cannot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

drat they were this close to having a wrestler named flapjack with a pancake gimmick

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Overlord K posted:

I just beat Aegis Rim so I decided to go back to check out a random episode Woolie tossed up since I was wondering how he could have so many parts already and seem to still have a lot to go, and sure enough it is his usual way of pausing mid scene to discuss something for like 5~10 minutes before moving forward like how the Kotor2 LP was. The fact he paused after a scene and brought up the log of dialogue and basically reread it all himself... yeah, that's Woolie alright. :v:

At least I can actually go back and watch him go through some of it now. That game is seriously amazing.

yea its loving torture he spends SO MUCH TIME trying to 'figure it out' and outsmart the game instead of just.. experiencing it

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

if the solution is just not uploading any new 13 sentinels for over a week now then its going according to plan i guess

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

That's true, and I suppose this is getting granular to the point that who cares, just let them play how they want, but it bugs me because parrying is really hard as a beginner relative to the other option, which is just putting on a better shield, blocking the weak blows, and using the shieldbreaker windups to walk around the dude and backstab him. Maybe that's just how I like to play, but it feels like something Reggie could've learned in 30 seconds.

(It's also kinda driving me crazy that woolie doesn't seem to realize that backstabs require a neutral stance, so he keeps telling reggie that the stabs are failing because the model and capsule are rotated in different ways, but that's obscure enough that whatevs.)

yea but keep in mind he's talking to his buddy reggie a guy he knows is really familiar with parrying from many other games already, not a brand new player that has never heard of parrying before... basically either chill out and relax or stop watching if you're gonna get triggered by bad advice from these guys, the notorious bad advice + opinions krew

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo apparently punchmom caught up with the LP finally and set woolie straight on some stuff so the latest episode (76) is just him + reggie going back + recapping stuff and actually making some sense out of the story instead of wacky woolie theory time

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

if i open a jar of peanut butter and theres a bunch of oil in there im throwing that poo poo in the garbage instantly

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

on the contrary, the big hits of the dokapon lp don't hit as hard if you werent there to see all the little hits along the way

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

vimeo was the home of the true lp connoisseur
until they put a stop to it

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Did Woolie enjoy playing Aegis Rim and Death Stranding? I haven't watched either of those LPs yet.

ironically for aegis rim, woolie enjoyed it way more than the audience did because he was mega into the gameplay + story, but INSISTED on stopping every 3 minutes of gameplay to do 10 minutes of """"theorizing"""" and talking about the story without playing the game

like theres literally dozens of episodes in the LP where there's like 10 minutes of gameplay in a 50 minute episode. at least 1 episode had zero gameplay progress.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

as a man unable to deal with a game without goals, pat really shouldn't have gone anywhere near kenshi. not a recommended watch unless you wanna watch him completely fail to understand anything about anything. Not that it's his fault really, the game has no introduction to speak of, but its amazing nobody warned him beforehand

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I am going to love the gently caress out of Woolie and Reggie's LP of Disco Elysium cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUIjNo_dOI

ep1's title tells me it's gonna be completely fuckin unwatchable

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, giant bomb. Red ventures bought a bunch of stuff from CBS and is now executing anything not insanely profitable.

oof, very bad timing for Jeff in particular since he apparently has a second kid on the way... well given how long they've all been doing this + their industry experience + connections I'm sure they'll find their way to something new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I've been kinda lacking a good regular LP experience also lately.. like I still watch pat sometimes, woolie a bit (but i usually wait until he's done with something because sometimes he just takes loving forever), a guy called CohhCarnage (streamer, great guy but sometimes a bit too much chat interaction / distraction).. also watch the GameGrumps a good bit but their entertainment is 90% banter 10% game - works best when they do 2p stuff like wheel of fortune or mario party

SGF is great if a bit dry sometimes and he plays a lot of real wierd poo poo I'm not interested in. Chip Cheezum's another good old forum guy but he works a regular job so its like 1 vid a week, still hasn't finished his FF7 remake playthrough