Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja LP with Woolie and Eye-patch Wolf is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I have been binging the thousand year door LP and it's legitimately one of the best things anyone from best friends has ever made, pre-split or otherwise. the poo poo that goes down in the Glitzville arc, and the ad-libbing they do for the characters, was some of the best comedy they've produced. I highly recommend it, it's such a good LP. It's got slow spots, as expected of any long LP, but MAN are the good spots worth it.

their constant bewilderment that this is a game that exists also never ceases to amuse because holy moly that game does some poo poo. I understand why Nintendo went in reverse so incredibly hard from it, but man, it is super disappointing anyways because it's such a unique game.

A lot of woolie's LPs are pretty good. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja one he did with Eyepatch Wolf was pretty amazing, and the Doom ones were pretty good as well. He has a nice cast of characters with Reggie, Billy, and Little V.

Matt...makes me sad nowadays. I wish him well, but his new stuff really isn't doing it for me.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I hope so too. God bless that man.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I just heard Woolies explanation that he's not allowed to monetize the Batman videos because WB are garbage and holy poo poo. Do they plan to keep making games while pissing off people who promote their game at not cost to them?

Too big to fail baby! Woo!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

generally, the former best friends have really never grasped the general appeal for people to drop a 5-10 or more dollar automatic monthly billing down on a patreon and forget about it and just be happy they're contributing somehow to the content provider they like. there's twitch subs sure, but I wager patreon takes less of a cut. like you can just say the patreon is an automatic tip jar if you want, it's literally just an avenue for easy money and they are just the most ADAMANTLY opposed to the very idea. Except Matt I guess.

Woolie really, really hates it when people tell him what to do. He probably feels he will have less freedom to tell people to gently caress off if he has a Patreon.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Would it be weird to say that the earlier friendcast and machinima videos were more charming because of bad sound quality?

Actually, no.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Woolie legitimately thought Space Force was an amazing idea and got excited when he first heard about it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

As a bi woman with absolutely poo poo taste even i could not stand Chloe. I don't know who that character is for.

French people.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Also while I love some gay in my games, boy was the sorta gay love option in 2 just greatly unappealing and I can't lie, that probably was another thing that deflated some of my interest.

Just eccchhhhhh, what sucks is I like some parts of their design, but more of it puts me off and I didn't really want anything to do with him lol

Are you French? This may be why.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 27, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I am not, but a guy named Finn with some gross lookin eyes and hair and like, hokey native feeling tattoos just gave me big ole nah man vibes.

Ah ha!

But seriously, yeah, a guy that looks like the evil DJ assassin from Zoolander isn't exactly on the top of my list either.

Omi no Kami posted:

Matt tended to get really nasty, personal, and inappropriate really quickly.

I also like the dude, but after going back and watching the old videos, it was clear that Matt was kind of a passive aggressive bully. Dude loved to dish it out, but pouted like a baby whenever he had to take it.

Also, it was clear Woolie really wasn't cool with the "lore" Matt would make up about him in the old channel after awhile. He's admitted it in a roundabout way several times during the Castle Superbeast podcast.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 27, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Omi no Kami posted:

Geez, people have been making Darkside Woolie comparisons all week, but never has it been more explicit than today's Arkham. Nearly half of the episode is dead silent- no game soundtrack, no commentary, just heavy breathing and Woolie making guttural, unhappy noises. The rest is him taking swipes at the game or his chat. Like, holy poo poo dude- nobody is forcing him to play it, his view counts are awful, and he's just plowing forward like it was 2008 and a high volume of output was better than a low volume of actual, edited, polished content.

Is Reggie there?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Huh. The Yakuza 0 playthrough is on hiatus until further notice. I hope nothing happened there.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nope. That's why I hope nothing happened.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Oh jesus, that's horrible.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Anyone who has the audacity to stream or do an LP of a souls game is a double mega Hitler.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol Woolie’s getting a little miffed that his moderate tendencies are getting called out by DE.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1388364951505489920

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Oh, the Internet boomers retired already, some of them became scam artists and wife beaters even! These are Gen Xers, poo poo is catching up to us

No no, the scam artists and the wife beaters were the GenXers, these are millennials.

Final Fantasy X was twenty one years ago

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It's ok Woolie

I'm a coward too.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Hell yeah

Woolie went full in (a little bit) on libertarianism.

But really, he went full in.

Interesting...

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dabir posted:

What *kind* of libertarianism?

The Ultraliberal kind.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dabir posted:

What *kind* of liberal?

The kind that appreciates the hustle and flow of the free market.

The kind that appreciates monk straps and deregulates his communist level when it gets too high.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

ChaseSP posted:

Don't even have to lie to say "Wow holy poo poo this is hosed up". Then again there's probably a very depressing amount of people that think using your influence over your fans to gently caress them is a okay.

They're called celebrities.

Captain Invictus posted:

a youtuber who is 42 hooking up with fans half his age or younger is extremely gross, regardless of the really lovely aspect of also ghosting once he's hosed them once

you don't need to take a stand for danny sexbang

Nobody's taking a stand for him. It just would have been great if people were more upfront about being upset about what he actually did instead of making him out to be like ProJared or something.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

i think sex pest is a completely correct term for what he did? sexual predator is too "harsh", but tricking people into thinking you are interested in a relationship with them, and then ghosting them when you get what you want makes you a sex pest.

For me, a Sex Pest is someone who tries to harass or guilt someone into having sex with them. Aziz Ansari is my go to example for a sex pest. I could be wrong on this though.

That didn't really seem to happen with Danny. What happened was he had some one night stands with people that were infatuated with the idea of him because hey! Sex!

He should have said no. That was his mistake, but he's an idiot, so he didn't.

As for what he should have done, he should have handled them the way Robert Pattison handles his fans: Gently let them down by showing he's a normal person with real problems instead of a Sparkling Vampire.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Well okay maybe calling Robert Pattison normal is a little much.

But no, I haven't read that interview. I will look it up.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

i think the fact this happened to multiple people is what makes him a sex pest. the most generous interpretation is what you said, that he's an idiot who made a mistake, but if that was the case imo, it would have ended with the first person he hurt. you don't keep doing that if your a well meaning idiot.

im saying all this as a former fan, who literally stopped watching game grumps when the allegations came out. even when you get past the bullshit criminal accusations, the actual real things he did were incredibly lovely, and even if he had only done these things between 2014-2017, and he has become a better person who looks back at the things in disgust, i don't know if i can watch their content or buy their products anymore.

Yep. Society generally doesn't approve of people who sleep around. Still don't think that makes him a sexpest, just a regular human rear end in a top hat.

That being said, your reasons for not liking the guy are perfectly valid, and I've stopped being a fan of people for much less. I can't say I'm really a fan of Game Grumps anymore either.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 13, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Please refer to the Reddit post crying about how he got reprimanded at work for listening to SBFC in the office and then his boss overheard Woolie creatively pronouncing “Nergigante”.

Lol that’s why you wear headphones dude

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

theCalamity posted:

lmao, I'm watching the latest Disco Elysium vid from Woolie on youtube and it's titled "The Pale?!" and at this point, he thinks that Joyce is a flat earther

That's the danger of going full-on no spoilers.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

This is always the dumbest take. Wow, one person said something I think is stupid, guess their entire generation is hosed, and it's all because of this one film series I don't like!

After ten years, people are getting sick of the Marvel Method. Sorry that upsets diehards still clinging to the brand.

Wait, I think its been eleven years actually.

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe movies weren't that great if all it took was one sex pest 10 years to ruin them

No, I'm pretty sure it's one film studio gaining absolute dominance over the industry that's doing that.

Also, don't be mean to Grouchio.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

You just don't have to watch them, a lot of people don't.

Like for something "gaining absolute dominance over the industry" I've managed to watch probably a whole two modern marvel movies and they were the most divorced from the overall thing at that. (Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2)

I haven't watched a Marvel movie since Thor 3, but they're so omnipresent in the culture I know what's happened in all of them. That screams cultural dominance to me. Geek culture generally won't shut up about them.

Other than Uncut Gems, it feels like most of the movies I have watched recently have been pre-2014.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Maybe watch some good movies past 2014

I would like to, but clearly that's not going to be happening anytime soon.

Yardbomb posted:

I just subject myself to a lot of small release horror in the hopes of keeping up the like, maybe 2 good out of every 10 track record I might have now.

I wish I was more of a fan of horror. That seems to be a genre that's surviving.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 23, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yes, but less and less of them are being made as time goes on. Surely you've noticed that? The good movies that are still being made are being made despite Disney's presence, and not because of it.

How long before Disney decides to buy Studio A24, or that Jordan Peele needs to be humbled like James Gunn?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Tae posted:

How do you literally know this, person who said they haven't watched movie in nearly a decade

I still watch movie trailers.

Blockhouse posted:

"less and less good movies are coming out" is not a factually true statement I'm sorry

You're right, I guess its more of an opinion, one that you and several other posters don't share.

I'll drop it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1396318688014393344

:unsmith:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1396648753377984513

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mesothelioma posted:

I've been listening to the podcast in reverse order starting with CSB and now I'm in SBFC. It's really surreal that Matt and Pat had beef because I don't sense any of that all

When you watch the old playthroughs or listen to the old podcasts, whenever Pat says or does something that Matt doesn't approve of, Matt's tone quickly changes and he starts getting really terse. Sometimes he stops talking entirely, and you can practically hear him fuming. Woolie and Liam usually filled the dead air, so it's not noticeable unless you look for it, but once you start looking for it, its definitely there.

When Matt used to post here he would regularly vent about Pat doing stuff that would piss him off.

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 28, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

More like the more we learn they're just strangers with normal lives, and deciding we know them or their actual personalities is weird and parasocial.

What?

I thought they were fictional characters from a TV show.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Vandar posted:

Part of me is still disappointed that the breakup happened RIGHT BEFORE Smash Ultimate came out. :negative:

I’m going to be real, if that episode actually came out, it probably would have been really weird and uncomfortable.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I dunno, there's something about Dangan Ronpa that creeps me out. Just saying

I've been watching Pat's Mass Effect streams, and as someone that is just starting with the series, they rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

THat's some uh, that's some Pat lore.

Pat is a dwarf confirmed