Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did the Reggie guy work on it? If so then I'm going to have to make some time for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

They should send him a 1:1 scale cardboard cutout of that dog.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

The only Bombcast content I've enjoyed is the McElroys guest appearance where they all discover the Sherlock Holmes games.

Hold up, what?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

fart gas this thread

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is it still a clip if it's over an hour long?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Did they say if/where they’re uploading it or am I going to have to watch the vod on twitch?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I don't know what the gently caress you all are on about, but Woolie made some unintelligible shitpost on Youtube again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jMXKrpZuo
I think it has something to do with fite games?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

When was the last time the podcast had a sponsor? I don’t remember the last few having any.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

They made the funny Halo videos a billion years ago and I think they have something to do with RWBY.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Andrast posted:

Was it rooster teeth that had some dumbass complain about Jeff Gerstmann giving Fallout 4 a bad review while wearing a pip-boy?

Correcto. I want to say Pat called it out at the time.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What’s the whole deal
With that game Matt was working on/producing/whatever? Has anyone actually played it or given impressions on it?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Awful lot of DBZ talk in here for a podcast that isn’t All Systems Goku. Pat and Woolie aren’t anime experts after all.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Podcast NOW

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What’s the custody arrangement here? CSB gets Eyepatch on the weekends?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Do they talk about Disco Elysium? I could see Pat going super deep into it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

MOBAs are good if you are looking for one very specific sort of game, but I don’t fault anyone for not liking them.

Am I alone in being kind of over Woolie reacting to the chat during the podcasts?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Fellow what used to run that mess used to post here iirc.

Dias posted:

The SBPF crew all fall under different places on the Politically Illiterate But Well-Meaning spectrum, leaning more and more left as time went on (and online discourse got nastier and regressive). Like, Woolie and Pat have a clip up where they outright say "all bosses are bastards". They all just have/had weird misconceptions about stuff they weren't personally familiar with, or personally impacted by.

The quote I recall was "If you wear a suit to work, you're a bastard." or something to that effect. Which as a suit wearer I was of equal parts "Aww.." and "He isn't wrong".

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Did Pat’s audio cut out for a bit around the point of this week’s longboard discussion or did I get a weird mp3 from the feed?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Whole lot of southern Vietnamese government agents in this here thread. Anyone have a link to the LoU2 spoilers they talked about in the podcast? I don’t give a flying crap about the game but I love a good clusterfuck. Preferably a quick text breakdown or whatever.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I feel bad for him about the cat but that seems like the last line in the world to be surprised by given the game.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wasn’t around for the thread at the time but remember when the guys “forgot” to turn off the camera for one of their user mail episodes and went on for a while about how all this stuff was a hassle? What was the reception to that?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

You're probably talking about the time they forgot to cut like some post-bit audio from a mailbag episode, where they were frustrated about receiving big dumb blade #1483, they thanked the guy for sending it but then off-screen in a bit left in by accident apparently were like "So who even wants to take this big dumb sword? I dunno I don't want it, it's not even like a good feeling sword. Do you want this thing? No? I don't want it." and stuff like that, it was some 300 falchion shortsword thing they didn't recognize either so it was nothing special at all as far as any of them were concerned, so people made a big deal out of it, they apologized to the person and whatnot, but also then like clarified further too that like every time people sent them a big stupid sword or giant knife, they had to go take that poo poo to an office and all this other stuff because they live in canada and it was getting to be a really big pain in the rear end.

Yeah that’s the one. I always assumed that was a deliberate thing, was it actually an accident?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That will probably be what happens if they architected the game well. It should be fairly easy to assign pronouns via implementing variables into the stores of text that call out to a given set of keys based on player selection. Anything audible is likely set in stone as the sheer amount of work and cost required to re-record, encode, implement, and tweak timing to make things fit is likely not a feasible route. Though if they’re allowing for multiple takes based on prey player’s choice then it might be able to be decoupled. All said they should have considered this from the start, especially given that they already let you pick and choose everything else as a central theme of the game.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Hell of a podcast title this week. If it doesn’t doesn’t hit you it’s a miss but if it does whoooooo man.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Bummer. This is the first one they've missed in a while. iirc there was an off week after the breakup and I think they took Christmas off one year?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Coming from a place of 1000% ignorance here, but trans representation seems incredibly difficult if the person’s state of affairs pre transition isn’t referred to. From my incredibly limited understanding it seems that you’d just want to just treat the character as their targeted gender as if they’re always been that way. However if that’s the case then you just have a dude/lady/ect and no trans representation. That’s not excusing any lovely behavior or writing of course, but it seems like a tough needle to thread.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 27, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It just occurred to me that I’m technically a coworker of these goobers a few times removed. Mega corps are really dumb.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Idle passing thought from earlier today:
Are podcasts basically just daytime talk shows for bored/lonely millennials?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Cool dog but the hashtag bothers me deeply. Though that’s squarely in me being weird about that sort of thing.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Drop your shield

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

game dev college

Chase ur deams bro, but oh god why. Though given that the area they're in is lousy with dev studios that may not be the worst idea.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The notion that a gun on display to be sold is chambered and loaded is deeply troubling to me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

it doesn't happen all the time, but beowulf legitimately did take annie or umbrella's spot

praise be annie is back tho

Panzerfaust’s spot, excuse you.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Hard to get people to agree to a 4 hour podcast where at least half of that time will be spent talking about poo poo they've never heard of and/or probably don't care about. That and all the people they know who would be up for that have their own podcasts now.

Iirc they usually just recorded the guest bits separately and tacked them onto the end of a normal-ish length podcast. Could be misremembering though. It would be nice if they could get a rotating chair in from time to time, but the existing chemistry is good enough for me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Throw Clemps at the podcast, that’d be fun.

Captain Invictus posted:

I more mean they shouldn't have people they don't regularly interact with on the podcast. people like plague and eyepatchwolf have a grasp of how overbearing and fast-paced talking with pat and woolie are, and know to butt in, while folks like tierzoo just get steamrolled by them.

edit: oh boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmcUY1M3Mbg&hd=1

The Megaman Legends music is a personal attack. Good to know someone over there remember those games.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Something something works with Pat something sensors exploded years ago.

E - Did Woolie and his fiancée every get hitched? I vaguely recall the whole NZ thing from what feels like a million years ago. I assume COVID has made that all weird.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dabir posted:

and he's still on the windows 10 hate train like it's 2016, but he's using 8 by preference

Woolie: I’m going to go out of my way to break and disable Windows 10 updates and features that I’ve determined I do not like.

Also Woolie: Why computer no work tho?

In fairness I totally get not wanting changes/delta on your production/recording machine but he has no excuses for using goddamn Windows 8 on the gaming PC. It would be within reason to get some sort of Windows Server box set up so he’d only be getting security updates and the like.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Potential hostage situation is occurring at Ubi Montreal. Don’t they know a bunch of folks there?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Woolie stating that clearly the game really takes place in Japan cause only there can you find a sushi restaurant with a bar is still peak Woolie.

Darlington, even my poo poo city in Alabama is full of places like that.

Poppa Sabes ain’t gonna win more nattys if his boys can’t get jacked from tons of nigiri son. Where in Bama you at my good goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I was going to say. Sushi it plenty common but you’re still going to need to be in some metro area. Ain’t no sushi in goddamn Demopolis I tell you what.