Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Andrast posted:

I really hope they do some duo content with each other. I just don't like any of the solo stuff.

We can probably count on any Life is Strange getting the Matt and Liam treatment, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Basically Pat and Woolie were super good friends for a long time. Matt tried to get Woolie in on a Kirby video and Woolie wasn't able to but "Hey I know a guy" and roped Pat into it instead and that's where that started.

I mean probably well known but Woolie really was the core of the group even from day one.

You talk about your Kirby lore. You talk about your Dream Friends.

But in the end, the real Star Ally was Woolie all along.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

TBF to woolie. kirby puzzles are simple, but decepitive. Also i turned on woolie when he started doing kirby lore also that sweet lamp that panders to me.

The puzzles in the new freeLC mode actually have a surprisingly tricky execution half the time. Its a shame the whole game wasn't more like that, tbh.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I replayed it when when the 2.5? collection came out and I remember finding the Disney parts charming and the square parts tiresome and it seems like in this new one the square part has won

The Square part won so hard that the actual Square characters aren't even in it anymore.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
We finally got him and Matt playing Life is Strange 2 again, so that's good.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Just Chamber posted:

Haven't really checked on the guys or this thread in ages but that's awesome to hear they got a deal with Rooster Teeth good for them.

I imagine it's something like this, like a big part of anxiety is questioning every decision you make. Wonder how Matt reacted upon hearing about the deal. And speaking of Matt, judging by that pic posted a few posts back good for him for embracing his baldness and not hiding it behind his rather embarrassing for a grown man to be wearing skull beanies.

Pretty sure at this point the beanies were a McMuscles branding thing if anything.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I wish we had Matt and Woolie going through the 2k20 trainwreck. It could've been the new Livin Da Dream or THUG!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Plan Z posted:

Huh? I thought the idea is that the ghosts are some grand new plot thing and I just haven't gotten to a reveal yet.

The fact that you are not spoiling a 23 year old game is, pradoxically, a spoiler of a less than a month old game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I feel like if Woolie focused more of his animosity on Minh, he'd have a good chance of getting Reggie to go along with him. As is he keeps going out of his way to punch Reggie in the face, then wonders why Reggie retaliates and acts like him and Minh are ganging up on him.

Honestly, saving up for the Darkling clear all towns globally ability is probably the best/only way to reset the board at this point.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
You can see it as taking people's complaint about more unique, varied characters giving way to the same handful of Toad designs in Sticker Star onwards, and giving it to the villain as a surprisingly big chunk of their motive.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
What if its a sequel to a remake, a la Crash 4?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Here you go.

She bred their Minecraft cats.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Emalde posted:

It has exactly as much content/playtime as Snap 64 :negative:

Doesn't it have at least, like, three times the Pokemon?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'd much rather they stop importing all the Pokemon and make Home into a hub for minigames, Anything Goes battling/trading, and depreciated features. Literally no other mon franchise in the world has the same expectation put on Pokemon. Digimon has never had them all, even from its very first game. Monster Hunter's always cycling favorites in and out of circulation. Even less famous ones like Monster Rancher have always gone in cycles. It doesn't help that Pokemon game quality has been stagnant, too, so you have some fans annoyed for legit reasons and some annoyed because we don't have Breath of the Wild with 1000 fully animated, fully rideable Pokemon lovingly handplaced into a perfect simulation of a real world ecology.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm also a day zero Pokemon fan, and I'm of the opinion that the core of the series is really solid and entertaining, but its also getting increasingly flimsy and is being puffed up by less and less trimmings. I'm an ex-WoW player too, so I have this feeling for not one but two series, but at least WoW's been getting more complicated over time instead of less even if we get less content in each expac.

I feel like "Sword and Shield is a fun game at its heart and there's nothing wrong with enjoying them" isn't mutually exclusive with "Sword and Shield literally cost twice the price for half the content and that kinda sucks."

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
The idea of Gohan being the hero makes a lot more sense in the US IMO, where he's pretty much the first thing you see in the series. Raditz revolves around him being kidnapped, the Saiyan arc features him coming into his own, Namek basically has him as the protagonist, and every arc has characters remark on his freakish strength and potential. Meanwhile, Goku is pretty much the fight ending deus ex machina. He gets all the big battles, but spends most of his time shelved or dead. Gohan taking over from him seems like a natural ending point. You know, if you didn't see thd entire charming adventure series of Goku being our unambiguous main protagonist.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Depending on generation, probably either Monty Python or Game Grumps.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Vandar posted:

The final video before the breakup video is Matt losing against Ursula in Kingdom Hearts.

The final words of the video are Matt and Woolie both going 'fuuuuuck' together. :smith:

(Panty Fighter was the last Scrublords/Fisticuffs though.)

Has there been, like, any Matt-Woolie content? At all? I know Pat and Woolie have Castle Superbeast even if their gaming content is pretty disparate now, and Matt and Liam sometimes pull off a collab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Nuns with Guns posted:

There should have been a volus on your ship to hang out with, a hanar to romance, and an elcor squadmate on a hoverboard, but Bioware are cowards.

Also I can't wait for 2026 when Woolie finally gets to Mass Effect 3 and meets Ninja McWiddlesinplants.

Everything I hear about Kai Leng feels like a fale character, tbh.