Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I remember shortly after the channel closed, he went on the record in I think resetera what happened between him and Pat, but ultimately doesn't hate him (anymore at least) and didn't blame him for trying to message him about Warframe. He said that he muted Pat's twitter after their fight so he didn't even know it happened, but understood it was probably to not cause any suspicions between their relationship.

soupy. posted:

The one that instantly sticks out is this Castlevania LP. I had never played one before and it was really interesting to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VAG2CxFAM

Their Castlevania LPs in general are fun to watch, Matt comes off genuinely invested and Liam gets to show off a lot of interesting stuff in those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
In one of the Best Friends Chrono Trigger videos, Pat recalls when I think his dad asked him “So you’re really making a living just playing video games all day?”to which Pat answered yes. They then said “…pft, you’re smarter than your brother.” This got a noticeable chuckle out of Matt, it was a fun little moment.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I thought that the Best Friendscast was also Woolie’s idea from the start? It’s why he usually acted like the de facto host, being the one that moved along all the topics and sections.

Edit: Thinking about it, I’m betting Matt was in charge of splitting the revenue at least.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not sure why he didn't talk more about the stuff he liked on the podcast. Like I get it, YOU'RE ON FIRE KRATOS, IT'LL PASS is stupid and annoying since he says it literally every time, and the backseating is truly bad and it's literally thanks to darksydephil, but considering he clearly enjoyed the poo poo out of the game other than that it'd have been nice to hear more of what he liked on the air. they're not bad at doing that like some people are.

He actually addressed this exact concern on the podcast, where he feels limited with nice things he can say about the games he play, while at the same time feeling like he could go on and on about poo poo he hates. I think he could talk about all the positives just as well (or at least only slightly less than poo poo he hates), but it's not like I don't understand that mental block of addressing WHY he likes aspects of gameplay or events.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

A good poster posted:

Has Woolie talked about playing Crypt of the Necrodancer or Cadence of Hyrule? I remember him having a hard time with the karaoke minigame in Yakuza 7, and I wonder if he'll have trouble getting into the rhythmic combat in Hi-Fi Rush.

tbf the Yakuza 7 karaoke timing is so late that it’s near offbeat, I can’t blame anyone for having trouble with it. I haven’t played Hi-Fi Rush, but if the timing on that is proper then he probably won’t have issues.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I will say though, one of my funniest CSB memories is when Woolie was reading a HelloFresh ad and Suzi brought up the blobfish in the middle, leading to Woolie going on a massive tirade about how mankind is destroying the environment DURING the ad.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I get really bad motion sickness from a lot of FPS games, and sometimes even 3rd person shooters because of things like FOV or repetitive environments. I almost had to stop RE4 Remake because I was just about to throw up after the bingo line, until I installed a mod that cramked the FOV past 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Dabir posted:

right, right, that much I had sort of grasped, but it's still the case that the boys sounded utterly deranged describing it

If you want context: Both the banana and cavendish are joker cards; the banana gives a very good multiplier bonus but has a 1 in 4 chance to disappear. If it does happen to disappear on its own and not by being sold off or destroyed by another joker, then you can get the cavendish to show up in the current run. It offers an even better multiplier bonus and has a 1 in 1000 chance to be destroyed in itself.