Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Thanks for saving the day with a new thread. You know people don't cease to exist with their brand, geez. They're still here, doing things, but it's going to be different. Also I'm absolutely shocked each time I see how short Pat is. Every single time I'm taken by surprise again.

e: That's not to say I think less of him because of his height, there's just less of him than I thought there was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, Duke Nukem Forever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7HETVAiXY. That really takes me back. When that got announced for release for real there was a big ol' circle jerking thread for all the Duke Maniacs out there and disbelievers were thrown out and shouted down and Duke was god, hail to the king. Then the demo came out and it was like an elevator party just had its cable snap.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pat's enthusiasm for Warframe got me curious and it's not the first time I've heard it's better than Destiny or Anthem so go play that it's free. I never bounced so hard off a game in my life. What the hell is going on and what the gently caress is anything? Never have I ever experienced anything this unfriendly to new players. No I'm not going to navigate a wiki just to find my way around the hub menus.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
drat this and another show I like both having Monday off. What am I supposed to do? Actually listen to Warframe?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Look at them putting their boots up on the skulls so loving proud. Good job running a food supply to near extinction.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I think Woolie going through Doom 2016 has been my favorite thing since SBF broke up. Always great to watch someone open up to a genre they don't usually play. Also reliving Doom.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Woolie's hybrid set up for Black Mesa is insane but I don't see why people get so twisted up over it. It's not hurting you any and he seems to be doing ok with it. It was a hard listen this podcast, because Pat will never just let a thing go. He'll just push and push on it until they get genuinely angry. Follow that with a really long, boring introspection on why they do the things they do. The games, news, and industry talk is so much better than that bloat.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
e: Meh, worthless post

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 5, 2020

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
She magic vored him and is now a child is super preggars. How did you miss that Minh?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I might have actually liked Dark Souls 2, and especially the dlcs, as much as I liked the first DS, but I missed having that huge interconnected world. Other than that though, I don't get the hate. How can you love the first Dark Souls and hate DS2 so much? It's more of the same game.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 25, 2021

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Been a journey with the reveal that Woolie is the real crazy one. Some real unreliable narrator plot twist stuff.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 2, 2021

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Did Woolie prepare a statement or something?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
That sucks. Pat's reaction was great. Some people just can't contain themselves. No self control.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've replayed Dark souls 1, 2, and 3 in order as lead up to Elden Ring and I can say, with them fresh in my mind, 1 2 3 is the order of how good they are, imo. The first one is the most jank, yes, and it has Izalith, but you can't beat that interconnected world. It's just an amazing design and I almost wish they never bothered with bonfire teleporting. It's not necessary. 2 feels the most like some kind of classic rpg campaign with all its hidden walls and methodical combat. It's a slower game. The builds are fantastic. There's some poo poo in there. Enemies turning to face you and rotating with no animation. The fire lizards are the worst enemy they've ever put in a souls game. 3 is much faster with the combat and prettier, but it's also a slog. It has the most bullshit of the three of them, easily. The swamp leading up to Farron's Keep is a nightmare, and I'm the type that loves areas like Blightown and The Gutter.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh my god, Woolie stuck in the bathroom trying to exit using a toilet stall door.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I don't like who Woolie becomes when he's backseating Souls.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Dammit, did they coward out on the podcast title? Just Fartfartbabybarf. Not a title saying that it will be Fartfartbabybarf. That part is important.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Boo on that. Commander Reggie, start to finish. You don't retire that controller until it's done.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I hate that aspect of Mass Effect. You don't actually roleplay ME. You don't pick what you want to say for every given situation. You either pick the renegade or paragon option, the whole game every time, or face the consequences of losing agency when the really big decisions happen. You'll just get straight up locked out. So you got a game with hundreds of choices and everyone just sees one or the other. Bleh.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I was really hoping Woolie would change plans and let Reggie stay at the helm with Red. I liked Reggie's decision making, which was based on how he felt about the given situation and not enslaved to Paragon/Renegade. God that system sucks.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Woolie got to the asteroid shooting bit in Dead Space. So they never fixed that then. That part is up there with the model plane job in San Andreas, where you have to wonder if they even tested it.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Dead Space 2 is my favorite over the shoulder shooter, maybe more than RE4, and I hope Woolie does it. People were complaining when it came out that it wasn't as scary as the first, but I still think it's much improved. Dead Space the First was good, but also a slog. It was just too long. 2 cuts out the fat, and also has a lot more varied environments, enemies, and worthwhile weapons.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Woolie brought it up on the podcast that some people were getting frustrated at him talking after every dialogue line is Mass Effect 2 and I'm getting there myself. It wasn't so bad with Reggie at the wheel because he'll keep it moving, but having a conversation after every click of the dialogue wheel is slowing things to such a crawl. I just got done watching Mordin's loyalty mission on twitch and it's probably going to be two youtube episodes in itself. It was......so........slow. Quality if you want to watch Mordin and Shepard blink at each other, though.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So Pat tore Matt's head off. It was very uncomfortable. Pat said it was awkward to be using Matt's head as a key.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Woolie banning Liara from the Normandy because he thought it was a romance option was funny. Not even "just friends". Reggie's face is a good mirror to chat when poo poo like that happens.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

Jesus christ Woolie stop skipping dialogue in Neon White.

I think he hit his limit. Cringe hits some people real hard. I think he's said on the podcast he never finished Foam Adventure.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
drat, that ME2 LP was already growing cold, but nothing to be done about it.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

I follow it on twitch, not the youtube channel. Last show was almost 20 days ago.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
They also made them incredibly ugly by our standards. Batarians and Vorcha both. None of the other species get that treatment. Bioware knew what it was doing. Making unsympathetic orc and goblin fodder you'd feel no guilt in mowing down by the hundreds. The odd part is that it wasn't necessary. There was Cerberus, mercs, gangs, robots, and what we now know were extremist Geth. So, why?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Same. When it started with him saying that it's mostly a version of his own voice when reading books I understood exactly what he meant. But, not being able to listen to music in your head without you trying to imitate the instruments with your voice is hilarious, disturbing, and a real problem. I have the opposite problem if anything. I feel like I have some song playing in my mind all my waking hours without my permission. Always on in the background. I can't turn my mind off and Pat sounds like it's all he can do to get his inner music even going. Guy sounds like he needs an IV drip of fish oil or something.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Final Fantasy IX has really been dragging. I'd forgotten all about Garnet and Steiner going off on their own. I know I liked it a lot at the time, but I'm starting to thing that good will is for the back half of the game.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh FF9 really is cancelled? drat. I guess they he wasn't enjoying it much and action Final Fantasy is too tempting. That's a shame. Woolie usually sees games through to the end.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pat's enthusiasm and the Steam reviews score got me thinking about getting that Star Ocean 2 and then some guy has to say "Actually it wasn't that good" and upend everything I think I know. God drat it.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I felt like the big turn on Musk was when that diver saved a bunch of Thai kids and jealous Musk accused the diver of being a pedo. Just because no one wanted to use Elon's time consuming stupid plan. He really wanted to get to be a hero, but revealed himself to be a real petty piece of poo poo. It came off like he didn't give a drat if those kids lived or died. He just wanted to make his rescue sub.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pat playing that Magical Defense Force game was incredible. A visual novel game has one gameplay element it has to get right and that's letting you actually be able to read the loving thing...and then the actual content of it happened. The entire thing was hilarious and the person who made it was in the chat.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I finished up Woolie Half-Life 2 and...thank god it's over. That was painful. A disaster of an lp. Was like watching someone get stuck on The Talos Principle every 10 minutes, but it's not a hard puzzle game it's a linear set-piece shooter. It was kinda ruining Woolie for me by making him look dense in a way I wasn't enjoying. I don't want to see him do Episodes 1 and 2. I don"t want to see him explore outside his known genres anymore much as I enjoyed his Doom playthroughs. I for sure don't want to see him and Reggie fighting the urge to vomit. I don't like making negative posts and I"m not a hate watcher but my goat was got this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Getting tired of listening to podcasts where these guys in their mid thirties talking about how old they are. Stop it. Please stop. Consider the people a decade or more ahead of you. My body is a bag of aches.