Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
My Patron may or not be my characters dead wife.

"... so do I dig you up or what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Elendil004 posted:

My party let the bandit leader escape in chapter 2 of Phandelver. It was a pretty hilarious run of he got warned, they chased him, hit him with sleep and tied him up then ran somewhere else to mix it up with bugbears and he got away. As far as I can tell the book does not account for this despite talking about his escape plans, so I have to find a good place to bring him back.
Glasstaff?

He lived through a game of lost mines my DM ran, so he appeared in a campaign that's a a hodge podge of half a dozen other modals... we just found his armless corpse frozen to the wall of a White Dragons lair.

We got an old Italian grandmother in the party from Phandelver who was around when he was run out of town; she remarked that he was "a good ride".

Apparently he went off and started a family, but was still ambitious enough to push his luck with the dragon and got killed. His daughters is a real piece of poo poo and more or less shanghaied our party into getting revenge and also murdering a young black dragon completely unrelated to the white one that popsickled her dad.

EDIT: I'd honestly expect that he would run The Black Spider, so you could include him in that confrontation - if you feel the fight is too hard to have him slinging spells, just have the party find his body and throw in a flew lines from the Black Spider about not tolerating failure.

Otherwise, if this group is going to continue, have them wander into a pub after a dozen or so sessions and have one of the patrons freaks out upon seeing them and dive through the nearest window.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 24, 2024

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Speaking of that module, in our recent session, I personally blew our chance to outright kill Venomfang. He was trying to get away was at low health, and I knew I had just one turn left to attack before he was out of range. I took my shortbow shot standard, instead of with Sharpshooter. I should have done Sharpshooter since it was already an "all or nothing" attack. He got away with only 5 HP left. (The DM said in that whole fight, he rolled above a 5 to hit only once.)
I started tabletop stuff during the pandemic and after a year long campaign of Call of Cthulhu our Keeper was keen to take a backseat, and the last person in our group I expected to run a game stepped up with Lost Mines. When we encountered Venomfang to serve the eviction notice, our novice DM did a very poor job of telegraphing that we really shouldn't pick a fight with this thing at level 3, especially given that we only had two players that night.

But coming from CoC, I had like three times the hitpoints I was used to having and felt like a superhero so we kicked off... I think we'd done 50 odd points of damage when I realised we were in deep poo poo.

Fortunately it rolled pathetically with it's breath attack damage (and only got one of us with it, quickly revived with healing word), then failed to get it back for the rest of the fight, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with its attacks - when it started running we peppered it with longbow shots for a few rounds (it never dashed) and our DM went "gently caress it, I'm not denying them the kill" and had it circle back around for more pincushioning (though I think at the time I swore thinking we were hosed).

We should have died; honestly I attribute the kill to us not knowing any better.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 25, 2024