Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That was pre Ted Ginn. We’re in a post Ted Ginn world now, again.

May the Lord shine his blessings on Ted Ginn’s hands and Terron Armstead’s pecs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Denzel Ward is going to ruin his brain. That's 3 injuries from tackling just this season.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1076982604858097664

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh no. :( he’s gonna have a short career at this rate. Is there nothing that can be done?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Some days, you gotta dance.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1077020314163429376

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mahomes is a revelation, Damien Williams is a good RB, KCs defense is a tire fire. Anthony Hitchens may be one of the worst players in the NFL. Our GM went all-defense in the last draft and it’s early but he may have whiffed on every pick

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Seahawks in the playoffs bitch

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mahomes is a revelation, Damien Williams is a good RB, KCs defense is a tire fire. Anthony Hitchens may be one of the worst players in the NFL. Our GM went all-defense in the last draft and it’s early but he may have whiffed on every pick

I think it's far more likely that Bob Sutton loving sucks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Browns fans extend their thanks to Andy Reid for pushing John Dorsey out.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
If the chiefs keep falling apart and the chargers have another baffler the pats could still get the 1 seed 🤔 🤔 🤔

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Bob Sutton is bad but so are the players. Chiefs D has 2 elite pass rushers, an average DE CB S apiece and the rest is bunch of really bad, slow players

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

remember when "draft experts" were asking whether baker had "too much of a chip on his shoulder"

god loving drat baker owns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans got selected for a playin game I'm so proud of them

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Our GM went all-defense in the last draft and it’s early but he may have whiffed on every pick

Nnadi might be alright. I mean he's a big slow guy but he was drafted to suck up blockers in the run game and he does that ok, he's not the reason the run defense is awful. O'Daniel might be good someday.

Breeland Speaks is not an OLB. I don't know if he can be anything else and it wouldn't surprise me if he can't. But I don't know what they see in him to play him outside. He's amazingly slow, doesn't really have any bend. Which doesn't even matter since he has no pass rushing moves other than the bull rush.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
NFL Week 16 Aftermath: Anybody want to make the playoffs this year?

THE SEATTLE FOOTBALL SEAHAWKS WANT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR BINCHES

:hawksin:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Fire Bob Sutton into the sun

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hahaha :suicide:

https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1077062790731517953

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Pats are gonna stumble into another SB appearance

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

When either Dee Ford or Chris Jones wins on talent and gets a huge sack, the defense immediately surrenders a 15-20 yard completion the next down. Anthony Hitchens had the Seahawks TE “tackled” 9 yards short on 3rd and 15 with 2 other Chiefs around him and they still converted

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Midweek rule change that henceforth all kickoffs must be drop kicks.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Peta posted:

Pats are gonna stumble into another SB appearance

YAh but it looks like it maybe our last for a few years. Which I know will cause much rejoicing after Tom Brady turns to dust.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/Sports_Report09/status/1077068856311468032

:hmmyes:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

YAh but it looks like it maybe our last for a few years. Which I know will cause much rejoicing after Tom Brady turns to dust.

Inclined to agree but I'm not entirely pessimistic because most of the times Brady's actually had the chance to do an aggressive, pass-heavy drive his throws look basically the same as in recent years

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SHOAH NUFF posted:

When either Dee Ford or Chris Jones wins on talent and gets a huge sack, the defense immediately surrenders a 15-20 yard completion the next down. Anthony Hitchens had the Seahawks TE “tackled” 9 yards short on 3rd and 15 with 2 other Chiefs around him and they still converted

It feels like anytime it appears they get a stop, they commit a penalty and if not, they're letting teams convert any 3rd and long.

Penalizing Mahomes in the MVP race for the Chiefs defense being horrendous is so dumb.

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 24, 2018

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Goddammit KC why must y’all gently caress me. You had one job! ONE JOB!

And now the Eagles need the Vikings to lose against the Bears in order to get a wild card spot. gently caress you, Kansas. gently caress you royally.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

HereticMIND posted:

And now the Eagles need the Vikings to lose against the Bears in order to get a wild card spot. gently caress you, Kansas. gently caress you royally.

This is pretty likely, actually.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Seahawks gonna lose to the Cards just to make it especially lol worthy

Edit

Doug Baldwin you are ridiculous

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1077...2018-nfl-season

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 24, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

People counting out Touchdown Tom before he turns to literal dust in front of their eyes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady's mostly fine, it's Edelman and Gronk being hurt and/or done respectively, while the rest of the WR's can't get open to save their lives. The Pats are gonna get rocked by someone in the playoffs because they can't guard against the pass and the run at the same time, and the offense stagnates if it gets off schedule at all due to the receiving problems.

Peachfart posted:

This is pretty likely, actually.

Are the bears effectively locked into the 3rd seed? If so, I imagine they'd just throw that game since they (likely) play again the next week.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 24, 2018

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Nope you see it's yards and TDs that matter and you can't punish a QB for their bad defense, and in fact it bolsters his resume (But not in 2011).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The loving patriots are going to the goddamn superbowl again god loving dammit AFC.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

Brady's mostly fine, it's Edelman and Gronk being hurt and/or done respectively, while the rest of the WR's can't get open to save their lives. The Pats are gonna get rocked by someone in the playoffs because they can't guard against the pass and the run at the same time, and the offense stagnates if it gets off schedule at all due to the receiving problems.

Yeah but every team in the AFC has enormous flaws. I'm clinging to the hope that the Pats have been rolling out conservative offenses to save Edelman and Gronk (and to a lesser extent Brady) for the postseason. I kinda doubt that's the case given Belichick's purported coaching philosophy, but at the same time sometimes I'll watch their game plans unfold and I can't make any sense of it other than a deliberate decision to limp into the playoffs for the sake of resting their aging stars.

Also they gotta get Dorsett back into the rotation. He was fire early in the season and they need him to be a respectable threat now that Gordon's out. Hogan and Patterson won't be enough to peel defenders off Gronk and Edelman.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Are the bears effectively locked into the 3rd seed? If so, I imagine they'd just throw that game since they (likely) play again the next week.

They can still get a bye if they win and LA loses.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Barudak posted:

The loving patriots are going to the goddamn superbowl again god loving dammit AFC.

They're like a championship boxer who goes into the ring one too many times. In the end, it's never the age-old rival who fells you, the great foe you triumphed over at your peak. No, the final blow comes from some no-name who is 23 and faster and stronger and tougher than you are at 41, and maybe he isn't that good after all, and maybe he'll fade into obscurity after a year, but he's still one bridge too far in the ceaseless struggle against undefeated father time.

Which is a long, allegorical way to say:

I am doing it.

I have decided. It is time.

I am counting out Touchdown Tom.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They can still get a bye if they win and LA loses.

If they win they get a bye no matter what

Which is hilarious by the way

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Peta posted:

If they win they get a bye no matter what

Which is hilarious by the way

If they both win the Rams are 13-3 and the Bears 12-4 though?

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Also the Pats' losses all came to eliminated teams and they've have beaten every playoff team they've faced. Not tryna be a homer, it's just funny because you know that's gonna make fans of other teams real anxious despite their roster being weak as gently caress

Grittybeard posted:

If they both win the Rams are 13-3 and the Bears 12-4 though?

Sorry thought you were talking about the Pats and the LA Chargers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Peta posted:

Also the Pats' losses all came to eliminated teams and they've have beaten every playoff team they've faced. Not tryna be a homer, it's just funny because you know that's gonna make fans of other teams real anxious despite their roster being weak as gently caress

Sorry thought you were talking about the Pats and the LA Chargers

THE TITANS HAVE NOT BEEN ELIMINATED BITCH

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

HereticMIND posted:

Goddammit KC why must y’all gently caress me. You had one job! ONE JOB!

To be fair, in the other scenario you need the Seahawks to lose to the Cardinals which, uh, isn't gonna happen. Bears should at least care a little as a win gives them a shot at a bye and guarantees they don't have to face the Seahawks or Saints until the championship round.

After the year we've had I'm just glad we've got a shot. No clue if we can pull it out next week but at least it won't be a losing season and an embarrassment of a title defense.

axeil fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 24, 2018

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Metapod posted:

THE TITANS HAVE NOT BEEN ELIMINATED BITCH

😳

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

...okay, so, Ravens and Steelers win, Colts/Titans tie...

:smith: