Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Pats are gonna stumble into another SB appearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

YAh but it looks like it maybe our last for a few years. Which I know will cause much rejoicing after Tom Brady turns to dust.

Inclined to agree but I'm not entirely pessimistic because most of the times Brady's actually had the chance to do an aggressive, pass-heavy drive his throws look basically the same as in recent years

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Kalli posted:

Brady's mostly fine, it's Edelman and Gronk being hurt and/or done respectively, while the rest of the WR's can't get open to save their lives. The Pats are gonna get rocked by someone in the playoffs because they can't guard against the pass and the run at the same time, and the offense stagnates if it gets off schedule at all due to the receiving problems.

Yeah but every team in the AFC has enormous flaws. I'm clinging to the hope that the Pats have been rolling out conservative offenses to save Edelman and Gronk (and to a lesser extent Brady) for the postseason. I kinda doubt that's the case given Belichick's purported coaching philosophy, but at the same time sometimes I'll watch their game plans unfold and I can't make any sense of it other than a deliberate decision to limp into the playoffs for the sake of resting their aging stars.

Also they gotta get Dorsett back into the rotation. He was fire early in the season and they need him to be a respectable threat now that Gordon's out. Hogan and Patterson won't be enough to peel defenders off Gronk and Edelman.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They can still get a bye if they win and LA loses.

If they win they get a bye no matter what

Which is hilarious by the way

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Also the Pats' losses all came to eliminated teams and they've have beaten every playoff team they've faced. Not tryna be a homer, it's just funny because you know that's gonna make fans of other teams real anxious despite their roster being weak as gently caress

Grittybeard posted:

If they both win the Rams are 13-3 and the Bears 12-4 though?

Sorry thought you were talking about the Pats and the LA Chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Metapod posted:

THE TITANS HAVE NOT BEEN ELIMINATED BITCH

😳