Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Wild Mage sounds really brutal on Ironman, though.

Anyhow, I really ought to try it this year.

There's a nice section with tips about Wild Mage survival on Play It Hardcore.

I gave it a go last year but managed to die after 0 wild surges to a Basilisk meleeing my familiar anyway.

If (when) I fail my current "serious" attempt, which I will post about when I get home, I will probably roll another Wild Mage.

Edit: or a Dark Moon Monk

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Alright, time to do this again! :tabletgaming:

Vitus the Cleric/Thief sets off to heal and to steal:

Cracking some Gibberling skulls in the way:

I sometimes forget how brutal 19 strength and slings can be. I do concur with the above goon that Command rules:

That's rude man, you're not getting your girdle back though:

And I only smell half as bad. :colbert:

Yep, slings are ok for now.

Vitus the Cleric/Thief has arrived in Nashkel and is currently relieving foul mouthed Amnians of their valuables.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Softface posted:

They've changed/added a lot of things with the EE even since my runs last year (like a loving trap in the Candlekeep Inn :v:)

Wait, what? I haven't seen any traps in Candlekeep and the only chests I didn't open this run are the ones in the Barracks. I'm not sure if there is a version difference between Android and PC but I think I'm running the latest one.

Also, quick update Vitus the Cleric/Thief is approaching the Bandit Camp. Will do a proper update later but I have to find time to transfer the screenshots from the tablet and these days are still family time first. :unsmith:

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 28, 2018

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Vitus the Cleric/Thief has bit the dust on the 2nd floor of the Cloakwood Mines. I cannot verify if it was one of the 10 ice arrows or a misplaced fireball on my part but it went fast and painless.

I'll roll another sacrificial lamb once I return home.

Melicamp also did not make it on this run. But the miner in Nashkel who runs from the kobolds was able to escape unscathed. We did it for you Miner Beldin, we did it for you.

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jan 5, 2019

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Godspeed to all ye solo nuts. :stare:

After Vitus died to my carelessness I've been rolling and rerolling a few characters that never left Candlekeep, but that didn't happen to this edgelord:

Khonsu the Dark Moon Monk set out to punch (or chuck daggers from a safe distance for a while) his way to godhood.

And it seems the EE comes with a nice custom biography too.

On the road, time to ditch Imoen and join a pair of shady fellas ahead.

Microing with a tablet on a bus ride? What could go wrong?

Teamwork! Anyway, in every run I try to get that belt ASAP because of this poo poo:

:stare:

I don't know how that happened. I have Elves' Bane equipped but no helmet and that was clearly a crit, but where does the damage reduction come from? I had to double check to verify that I was really playing on core rules.

Anyway, I plan to semi-RP this run so we make a small detour and grab a sister in faith, dragging Xzar's corpse for a while:

But after yet another ambush I decide to ditch him. Montaron didn't like him and this game does have an assortment of evil wizards anyway.

South away, Kagain is recruited and we see a bit of new dialogue from the latest patch I think:

Vitus the Dark Moon Monk has arrived in Nashkel and is laying on some hard truths on the unfaithful.

You tell him, Vic! :colbert:

I actually had to repeat the arrival at Nashkel because the game crashed after talking to Rasaad but it was worth it to watch him again punch poor farmer for 10 gold. Way to "enlighten" people, baldy. :smugdog:

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Elves' Bane or not, there is a limit to just how many arrows can you dogde:

Khonsu the Dark Moon Monk was turned into a pincushion by what I like to imagine were the same group of bandits he ran away from.

Time for something less micro intensive:

Kondor the Dwarven Defender flies away from Candlekeep!

Attempts to recruit Neera...

Facetanks both an Acid AND a Fire Arrow:

Breaks his lovely axe on some dwarf on dwarf action:

And fails to save fellow feathered Melicamp:

Kondor the Dwarven Defender is onward to Nashkel with a shiny new hammer in hand.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Mountaineer posted:

Why you picking fights with bears outside Candlekeep?

This still happens to me sometimes, when running through a forest at night if you don't have nameplates on you sometimes just bump into those stealthy fuckers. :v:

So, Kondor has been sweeping through the Sword Coast with only a few scary moments.

On the way to Nashkel we stop by to get some light reading, and Neera starts her wild surge count actually adding something to the group:

It's actually a lovely scroll but sells for a few Forgotten Realms bucks:

Shortly after, she decides it's time to pay for it:

Feeling pretty confident around the Cloudpeaks as Winter Wolves need a to roll a 20 to hit Kondor:

The upside of liberally using a Wand of Lighting in the open, Neville was already pretty worn:

And way overleveled for the Mines, Miner Beldin survives again!:

The Bandit Camp was a breeze and uh, Neera I don't think you can actually do that to a chest:

Surprisingly everything goes smoothly in the Cloakwood so I only took screenshots of things like a confused Imoen punching a horse:

"What the hell sis? We're supposed to be nicer to horses":

Even though Kondor has super low armor and saves I'm still wary about Ghasts in general, and chucking axes is still effective:

This is the moment when I realize that wild magic rules and will of course end my run sooner or later. Also that never will I be able to make it through the mines unscathed:

Could have been worse though...

Yes, like this, and that is why you don't use Wild Mages for buffing I guess:

Neera still owns chests though:

We do it for the tomes Kivan. Also not a cool thing to say to a dwarf, and even less below his old home. :colbert:

Now it's chapter 7 and time to sweep through the few unexplored areas:

"You know the drill team, I charge ahead and you burn down everything near the fog of war with Fireballs and arrows and... gently caress":

I can't verify it but I think it was one of those messengers standing too close to the kobolds. It shows two rep losses though.

Luckily I still have a bunch of undone quests that raise it, like that sweet Arabelle, who we dwarvenly defend:

It's gonna take a lot more than saving cows though.

And so, Kondor the Dwarven Defender is trying to dwarvenly buy back his Heroic reputation with his big gold pile before plunging into Durlag's Tower.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
It is done. Kondor the Dwarven Defender has vanquished Sarevok!

After spending a few thousand gold improving the lives of the little folk of Gullykin it was time to tackle Durlag's and I was a bit nervous since my last Dwarven Defender, that I played a few months ago, perished against the Demon Knight.

Anyway, we start meeting the luckiest tourist in the Sword Coast.

Yes, he somehow survived the Fireball frenzy and was actually there when we returned to the surface (he did respawn back at the center, near the stairs).

Whoops. Not a good place to get lazy while searching for traps. Riggilo did survive the bounce and we gave him a few extra bucks after that.

The temptress falls.

This is just because "Beholdermaster" cracked me up. If I make it to ToB I'm claiming this surname for Kondor. I feel this just jinxed this run, right?

Down below we get some friendly advice from some ghouls against Aec and... here it goes again:

Fortunately, the auto-pause let almost everyone chug a potion of absorption.

I didn't take any screenshot of the fight against the DK but I found what ended my previous dwarven run. Power Word: Stun. Thankfully I'm running both Kivan and Coran with Arrows of Dispelling.

After Durlag's we take a leisurely stroll back to Ulgoth's Beard righting some wrongs and pushing the party's reputation back to 19. Anyway, Cultists attack and I panic-Cloudkill a few of them (along with some poor chickens).

Wait, is someone else there? No, don't wander into the cloud you...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I swear I must have spent like 50000 gold on temples this run. (And also discovered that you cannot buy your way past 18).

Anyway, Aec falls without causing too much trouble since I had been hoarding those yellow auto-save potions:

Then I tackle the rest of the TotSC content because I'm a completionist sucker. By this time everyone had reached the level cap besides Coran, who does it shortly after reaching into the skulls of the mages of the ice prison:

And the werewolves/wolfweres are put down:

Time for the final sprint. We rescue Eltan and take him to his buddy in the Harbor while chased by the Flaming Fist:

You're not getting a promotion anytime soon, Sherlock:

The dukes are saved and down to the Undercity. First Deheriana is avenged...

...and then Sarevok falls. Also nice Critical Miss there for the final shot.

Honors: Ironling, Purist, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Honorable Trader, Battlemaster, Roleplayer.
Dishonors: none

This is actually my second Ironling ever, and the first playing on a tablet. I will jump into SoD tomorrow (I've only made it to the dwarven miners last year I think), but will probably keep a slower pace since I'm going semi-blind and I will try to enjoy what is still new content to me.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I've been enjoying my near invincible waltz through SoD and hoarding screenshots for a big rear end post but, uhh...

No, not again!

Kondor the Dwarven Defender has been eaten by a Gargantuan Spider in Cloakwood 2.0

Never meant to be a master of beholders, he held the line.

I think I still have fuel for a final run but I need to sit out for a day or two and look for ideas. I also have to uninstall SoD and reinstall BGEE because these games are huge.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
My first ever BG character (BG2) was half-orc Fighter/Cleric and I have later tried to do a trilogy run with a similar character but either failed or got bored. I've also seen people having good ol' fun with dwarven Fighter/Clerics, so I thought to myself, "hey, let's try the third option":

Fabriano the gnome Fighter/Cleric is born (read as: rerolled for 5 minutes to get some decent stats) to crack some skulls:

Rat skulls, that is:

Wizard skulls, being larger, are better suited to commands:

We join up with Ajantis and ask him to tell us more about Helm (Yea!). We then stumble upon some insect cave and proceed to spread Helm's word (hint: it's "command", followed by "break-your-weapon-on-their-carapace") among them:

As it turns out, these acid spitting underground llamas are not easily converted. There goes Iron Party yet again:

Better head south for a while then, but not before we start pissing off other gods:

Note to self: "Never trust a dimension door-ing kid." (see also: Albert and his "dog"):

Beregost. Not all wizards are easily commanded:

Silke still falls to Helm's might and- "hey, Imoen, don't kill steal":

We pick up Garrick because we got a shiny Wand of Fire from the ankheg cave that needs a steady hand and also because he cheers me up. Once more into the breach, dear friend. :unsmith:

The 9000 gp from selling Evermemory (since at first I thought I might as well do this run without a full arcane caster) come in handy since we're overpaying for a smelly chitinous armor:

Garrick is not usless:

Off to the coast we go. We do things by the book here, Kivan:

The CON book is "stealthily" retrieved (I forgot to pick up Invisibility potions or scrolls so I had to run Fabriano in and out with a Sanctuary spell and chug some potions to resist the traps), we deal with Bassilus and Melicamp dies yet again:

Ajantis feels a sense of evil in Beregost so we move down to Nashkel. But what does Garrick think of this place? That's right, buddy:

Helm is the god of guardians so we decide to help Minsc, then proceed to tackle the mines with an overleveled full party. This guy survives yet again:

After a camping trip to the Basilisk woods, Dynaheir now has access to 3rd level spells. Just in time to brute force into the Bandit Camp. On the road I learn that the Journal page is movable while fudging around with my sausage fingers:

Fast forward to another camping trip in the Cloakwood and somehow this time I didn't have to go back to a temple, not even once. We also shared a fire and drank some booze with a stranger:

The way to Baldur's Gate is now open but still full of insects. Having previously determined that they cannot be converted by word alone, we apply the ol' hammer-on-skull with an unbreakable tool:

Soon thereafter, the team starts to work in the city and surroundings as the best makeshift P.I./courier service in the area, and has thusly been awarded by a kind wizard with a vacation up north.

Fabriano the delivery gnome Fighter/Cleric has been sent to an icy island to pick up a package.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Fabriano continues to climb Baldur's Gate Metropolitan Area's corporate ladder!

Shorty saves are a godsend and for extra precaution I like to wear the Greenstone Amulet, which I routinely forget to activate before a mage fight, therefore I will continue to get wrecked by Confusion. Sorry about that, Garrick:

We deliver Shandalar's cloak and pick up the Stoneskin scroll for Dynaheir (once she returns to the living), then head to Baldur's Gate's local Helm Temple with our 1600 gp resurrection bill:

Back in the city we deliver some book to Prime subscriber Brielbara, while still forgetting I have a Greenstone Amulet equipped:

And wrap up the Iron Throne investigation, while still forgetting I have a Greenstone Amulet equipped:

While finishing the paperwork we discover that not everyone in the company gets along and proceed to schedule a company trip to a nearby vacation island:

But first, another book delivery, this time it's back home. I hear you Watcher, do know that my rates have increased, though:

Deja vu:

Sorry Deder, I didn't even notice you were charging those skeletons. Also, Dynaheir it was your Fireball that did the deed.

Nevertheless, after a substantial donation to Nashkel's Helm Temple and a pair of quests I had saved for later, we're back to 20 in time to tackle Durlag's once again:

This is just to show that I thought it was neat that Fuernebol's doppelganger appears as a bard, since previously another doppleganger posing as Durlag's was asking him to play something with his lute or something like that. Also to remember myself to use Garrick's harp more often. I will keep that I mind as I go down:

Or not:

Well, that's what we should tell the family Ajantis but we still have an opening in the company. After reviewing some CVs I though Quayle might be a decent replacement since he could still use Kazgaroth's Claw and some of Garrick's stuff:

I'm also swimming in cash so we can afford to buy back the first Evermemory and a nice cloak for him, but he's still a trainee so we take him on a few side jobs to level him up a bit before returning to the dungeon:

Our former pal Garrick may be vaporized but this cow is saved.

And thus, Fabriano the Fighter/Cleric plunges deeper into Durlag's Tower for his most expensive delivery yet.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Fabriano's Speedy Delivery co. returns to the Durlag Towers with a promising new member in tow!

After yet another misclick (misfinger) which causes Imoen to step on a trap she was meant to disarm, Dynaheir issues a dire warning:

A short trip to Gullykin's temple and we're back in business. I'll trust the Enhanced Edition's improved pathing system and go to the kitchen to make a tuna sandwich and... oh dear.

Sorry Quayle, maybe this job was not meant for you. After seeing your charred remains Minsc will tell others that you died on the "battlefield" (which is easier to explain than "inside an infinite fireball room"):

Anyway, time for another talent hunt in the woods:

It appears news don't always travel fast on the Sword Coast. Nevermind we previously murdered the Shadow Archdruid to get a decent club for Quayle and now you will get to use it:

Deeper into Durlag's, it appears Dynaheir does not think much of Faldorn. She didn't think much of Quayle on his brief time with us, either. Sorry lady but I'm starting to see a pattern here:

Demon Knight time! This time I remember to activate (after his Dispel) the Greenstone Amulet to protect against his Power Word: Stun which I fear the most, but it appears it could always be worse... :stare:

Demon Knight down. Fabriano takes off the Cloak of Balduran and kisses it.

After the return to Ulgoth's Beard, cultists manage to take down Faldorn (and Dynaheir, I forgot to Stoneskin in time) but she does not get chunked which is an improvement over her two predecessors. Rush to a temple and back, Aec falls without too much hassle.

Finally, the long promised company vacation on a tropical island arrives:

And after this much needed R&R we return to Baldur's Gate to end the Iron Throne's monopoly on small delivery companies. But first we do our civic duty and save a Duke:

Kent may not be the sharpest knife in the Flaming Fist but at least he doesn't attack Fabriano after Sanctuary-sneaking in. The way out hauiling the Duke's corpse is another thing and we have to make a tactical retreat to the sewers:

After a "social" visit to the Undercellar and a shower later, we proceed to crash the party at the Ducal Palace. Chill Minsc, the bouncer was just asking for our IDs:

Pile on!

Final fight on the Undercity and with a surprise MVP: a confused Nymph chose to Dominate Semaj which then I instructed to Flame Arrow snipe Sarevok :getin:

He then became hostile again and the credits rolled in as the team proceed to tackle him.

Fabriano has triumphed over Sarevok! Semaj did life in prison. :colbert:

Honors: Ironling, Purist, Librarian, Trap "Dodger", Honorable Trader, Roleplayer
Dishonors: none

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
And that's it:

Fabriano was zapped to death on the Coast Way bridge.

I'm already reinstalling BGEE again though I fear I might run out of gas midway. We'll see.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I was goofing around with another character but he died shortly after getting stuck on the giant bones on the basilisk map (and then turned to stone).

Oh well, I seem to get results with shorty priests so here we go again: Ottokar the Priest of Tempus will embrace the RNG of war and nice stats.

But what does a halfling get out of a god of war? "Thieving bonuses":

- I'm tall for my race, Imoen.

Ottokar's sceptre breaks. We're sticking to slings anyway.

Wait, there is a chance for ambush just outside the FIRST map? Before the 10 bandits?

Yeah, Chaos of Battle won't help here, we're bailing out of this one.

You bet I'm desperate. I was chased by a band of wild dogs.

I feel Tempus approves the tactical use of carts.

Tarnesh was commanded to lie down with his backside up.

We recruit Gorion's old friends, reach Beregost and soon it's time to level up! Ottokar rolls a 1 (+2 CON). Sceptre or not, he's staying away from the front line.

Now, if I recall correctly, Shoal was supposed to resurrect the fallen party member she kisses but for some reason this time she didn't do it. We haul rear end before Droth finishes to teleport in and resurrect Khalid at a temple. Then we return to the coast ready for payback and... and he's down again, at least this time he still breathes. To be fair only Jaheira resisted the Sleep spell and she managed to keep everyone alive.

You are paying for that temple run, Shoal.

Second level up, Ottokar rolls another 1 (+2 CON). He will keep out of the front line.

I know the Flaming Fist is not the brightest bunch but come on! We're kiting an Ogrillion here:

If you are not going to help please give your plate armor to someone who will make better use of it:

Ottokar finds a new (hard earned) sceptre:

Melicamp dies:

Chill Jaheira, you were as dead as Melicamp a day ago:

We'll try to loosen her up by acquiring a new staff:

After that, we make it to Nashkel and Minsc promises us more battles and glory. Gnolls consider Imoen our best warrior, though:

Jaheira has become increasingly chatty since her death experience:

This "ambush" was just a neutral polar bear wandering about so, of course we left him alone. :unsmith:

We rescue Dynaheir and on the way back get ambushed again on what appears to be the same place only this time there was no bear. This guy here was carrying some serious bling (a 3000 gp necklace and some other gems):

Back to Nashkel, the Mines went smoothly and so was the way to the Bandit Camp. I've been using Minsc as an archer until we get Spider's Bane but I figured he deserved a treat so I unleashed him inside the gnoll cave:

Minsc, destroyer of gnolls and bats:

In enjoy these small tie ins that the EE adds:

We have 4/6 in heavy armor so of course we will take any aloe vera balm we can find:

We finally get Spider's Bane and arrive at the Mine after slaying a dozen wyverns or so trying to rest in their cave (maybe not the best idea but we did get a bunch of XP, also Ottokar has thankfully started to roll better hit points)

Here I panicked a bit because Minsc was not supposed to be webbed while wielding the sword. Maybe because it wasn't identified yet? I've been doing some tests after that but I'm not convinced yet. Nevertheless, Minsc got frustrated and vented on a small animal again:

The mine dungeon went well, Web+Minsc worked fine in big rooms and we rolled the bones on the small ones:

Davaeorn fell and took Imoen with him. But I bet no one's coming to resurrect you buddy:

I didn't think this would trigger without Coran but it's welcomed:

Ottokar the Priest of Tempus is marching to the biggest city in the Coast, hoping to find a temple of his faith there. (Spoiler: he won't).

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
I got bored with Ottokar so I abandoned him around Baldur's Gate... I think Fabriano's X-Com style death left me an itch I need to scratch so, back to the front lines it is:

Barnabus the Barbarian was born with killer stats (and in less than 2 or 3 minutes of rerolling to boot):

Carbos has a taste of hat sweet sweet 18/00:

And so does Tarnesh, after reminding him once more to mind his own drat business:

Oof!

Neera's encounter wasn't so bad this time. Wait, what did you do to my clothes?!:

We break axes with Karlat (the traditional dwarven greeting) and put Neera to do something useful with those scrolls we've been picking:

I don't like my initial health rolls being so similar to Imoen's but there's plenty to do in and around Beregost for stout dwarf to grow, er... stoutier. Plus, the forecast is clear, with a chance of gibberling:

Melicamp is saved! (First time for me this year, I think)

And now, let's start the count, first one is pretty innocuous:

That's a hell of a first kiss. Luckily for Barnabus, the EE saves his sorry rear end.

Shoal is not so lucky since I recently discovered she's worth a few xp:

Feeling refreshed after a nice stranger heals our wounds, we play ball with a bunch of ogres:

And also sample a taste of that sweet sweet 18/00. Oof indeed:

I don't intend to end like Carbos so we bail out:

We deliver all deliverables and then proceed to ruin Silke's day:

After that, we go to Mutamin's Garden and dine with a friendly ghoul. Dine on basilisk corpses that is. :getin:

Yep, time to go to Nashkel I think. But not before we deal with these jerks:

Barnabus the Barbarian is brazenly boasting a shiny new belt around Beregost!

Hmm. Larswood was available in Chapter 1 right?

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Barnabus was lost to a severe case of Oof! I don't remember my past Barbarians being so squishy buy maybe I was playing too reckless.

Anyway, I've been trying to run a Jester since the first Ironman thread I saw, an even if they are no longer able to Invisible-sing I might as well try for a change of pace:

Johann Sebastian Mastropiero is actually the reincarnation of a previous self that had way lower rolls but taught me a thing or two (I hope):

Even with the initial +2 penalty of the Jester Song I can't imagine these two guys having very high saves:

And it seems neither do Ogres:

My initial plan, being genuinely scared of Tarnesh, was to detour to Beregost, pick up Kivan and buy a couple of scrolls, including the lone Power Word: Sleep just for the novelty since I thought this might be the only time I could use it. Tarnesh eats it but apparently, unlike the regular Sleep, any damage dealt will wake the target...

Leading to Johann Sebastian Mastropiero running like a chicken as soon as Tarnesh starts casting because this time I forgot to buy Resist Fear:

Anyway, selling Evermemory gives me plenty of funds for raising (and I'm gonna need every last coin since I plan to buy Kazgaroth's Claw ASAP). We pick up Khalid and Jaheira, and buy them nice suits of armor because we're going to dig for Ankhegs. I don't trust Sleep as much as Command for this endeavour and I only have 3 casts (1 memorized and 2 scrolls, one of them randomly dropped) so the goal is to make it as far as to pick up the Wand of Fire, wich we do with mild success:

And it was well worth it:

This time I remember to pickpocket the thugs for their potions before talking to them, but forget to turn the AI off in case they turn hostile. I fail one of the pickpockets, Kivan snipes the poor sod and Garrick thinks we suck (no rep loss though):

I've been learning to love the Agannazar version of the wand since reading about it on this thread (or the IE one?) which is a godsend against Bassilus and his pesky skeletons. Having made enough cash to buy Kazgaroth's Claw we make the trip to the coast to stealth-grab the CON tome:

Jaheira starts getting antsy so we hurry to deliver a few quests before running to Nashkel. For the second time in a row Melicamp lives!

Then I remember I had one of those Ankheg shells made into an armor and have to wait for a bit so we get to loiter around the coast some more and confuse a bug or two:

Sorry about that everyone:

Luckily there is that nice Surgeon guy to patch us up and... what is with you and lightning, Jaheira?

And with a new suit of armor for Khalid and the rest of the party funds spent on healing potions, Johann Sebastian Mastropiero is now running his rear end off to Nashkel.

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
And with all the insipiring success stories on this thread... Johann Sebastian Mastropiero continues his Grand Tour across the Sword Coast!

I will try to be more careful with that wand but sometimes being careless means you get half dead bandits right away:

We helped Minsc because, why not? I still think rescuing Dynaheir should give more than just a blurb in the journal but at least we get some nice loot along the way. Then it's time to solve the problem in the mines at I think level 6? Man, rogues level crazy fast. But first we visit this fantastic Carnival and rescue grateful Branwen because I think Chant will be useful to lower the saves of enemies. Not everyone is easily impressed with a silver tongue though:

I think Johann Sebastian Mastropiero has -10 AC against missiles right now but I'm still wary of arrows because when they hit it wil be a crit on his beautiful face. Speaking of arrows I noticed that apparently the Kobold Commando's arrows requiere a save vs. Breath Weapon, and not vs. Spell like the fire arrows they drop afterwards. Those crafty bastards...

Then we return to Nashkel and meet this delightful little feller. Enjoy your time out of the backpack while it lasts buddy:

Back in Beregost, Branwen demands satisfaction from Tranzig and Kivan starts asking "are we there yet?" on our way to the Bandit Camp:

:arghfist::

Then we're off to Spiderland, we meet some of Jaheira's friends:

And deal with some of her enemies. Now, I thought I remembered the Shadow Archdruid to be a pushover like all his brethren there, but he somehow got off an Insect Plague that gave me sweaty palms:

Being all stinged up we try to rest in that nice tree house but the game finds all kinds of excuses to say no:

We reach the dwarven mine and deal with the Iron Throne mercenaries. A confused Drasus ponders if he should just keep running over the bridge:

Davaeron is then humilliated by an elitist Gnoll:

Then we're off to the Big City, but first we make a detour to this perfectly normal fishing village to buy our first musical instrument, along a bunch of other stuff:

Finally at the Gate, we can start splurging on scrolls. We meet some more friends and deal with some more enemies:

I fail to pickpocket the scroll of Geas and, once again, get my rear end saved by the Cloak of Balduran:

Then we "help" Lothander get off his Boots of Speed, with a surprise MVP here:

gently caress yeah Pseudo Dragon! Now you are definitely getting that apple, little guy.

Johann Sebastian Mastropiero is asking why is there not an Apple Store in this city? :shepspends:

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 5, 2019