Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Just a heads up, it looks like Gibberlings 3 is undergoing maintenance right now, so it might be a bit hard to pick up the latest version of SCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Meet Maxine

Maxine has killed Tarnesh, so first bottleneck down.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Maxine has had a fun day.

Fun fact, Khalid got confused, murdered a random person, lost me 15 rep, then came out of confusion and yelled "Gorion would have none of this. "Tis shameful."

So I got Larlochs Minor Drain instead of the heal spell. Bummer.

Melicamp is dead.

I killed Basilieus and did a few other minor quests. I head to the Nashkel Mines next.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

cheesetriangles posted:

Silke is too high level to sleep. It only works up to level 4 creatures she is at least level 5 because she can cast lightning bolt.

Silke is level 11.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Finally got Maxine's Rep up enough to get the cure spell for chapter 3.

Nimbul nearly ended my run here.

I was going to get the con tome and had a horrible string of luck. Branwen and Kivan got killed by Flesh Golems and Minsc was running scared. I could probably have run away with Maxine and Imoen, but, Kivan would have left almost immediately upon ressing due to his Bandit killing quest. Oh well.

R.I.P. Maxine

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Fruits of the sea posted:

SA was down earlier today, maybe there were some issues with that.

Bill Williamson killed Karlat, and made a quick run down to Nashkel so his party would stop nattering about some menace in the mines. Bill had bigger plans in mind, which were dashed when he purchased 2 scrolls of protection from petrification from a great mage which Xzar promptly failed to inscribe, ruining them in the process. Plan B is to kill some schmuck in Nashkel called Noober, and maybe take a look at those mines afterwards.

This is actually the first time I've commited to no reloads when memorizing spells. Starting to think Xzar's 75% chance to memorize spells is bullshit. He's successfully memorized 7 out of 16 scrolls.

I noticed something similar on Maxine. And she had an 85% chance to memorize. Kel, my second run I'm working on, has only lost one scroll so far. But she has 19 Int.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The very short adventure of Kel.

This is Kel

gently caress off Imoen I'm eeeeevil.

Tarnesh down.

Kagain dies to a ogre. What's the point of having all those hit points if you're just going to lose them all.

Kagain got hurt AGAIN and when he fell back an Ogrillion killed Kel.

RIP Kel.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Vichan posted:

Died to the Ogrillons outside of Beregost, they managed to get a lucky hit in. :(

Hey Ogrillion death buddy!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I think when I get off work I'm gonna make one more character. It will be a straight fighter specced in bows. Should be good for BG1 at least, while it can still be specced out for melee in BG2. Man look at my optimism there.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Jay Rust posted:

I like rolling Cleric/Rangers because it takes like three minutes to get stats like this

If you are very lucky, yes

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

One last run for glory! Meet Baxter.

Honestly, it was a really boring run to Nashkel. Baxter is designed to take advantage of how powerful bows are in BG1.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Gibberlings 3 is back up, so you can go right there if you need anything from now on.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Also poor Baxter died to Greywolf. My ENTIRE PARTY died to Greywolf.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Meet Shorty the gnomish berserker

Shorty has a special rule. He hates most big people. He will only allow shorties or honorary shorties in his Party (unless it is for a quest).

Honorary Shorties:
Imoen
Aerie
Anomen (only if Jan is in the party)

Montaron is a shorty. He immediately kills Xzar however. What a shame.

One of my swords broke so I took one from a hobgoblin I murdered.

Shorty has no trouble from Tarnesh. Imoen and Montaron are a different story.

Gorion told me to find Jaheira and Khalid, but THEY. AREN'T. SHORTIES.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ugh, so I lost all my screen shots, so I just have after pictures.

Shorty has conquered the Nashkel Mines. I killed Basilieus and I did Edwin's quest (RIP Dynaheir).

Look at my shiny new point of Charisma.

-4 AC is pretty good for the moment.

Those Dex Gauntlets mean even Kagain has a good AC.

Montaron is a stealthy murder machine.

Imoen shoots good.

Next time I take on the Bandit Camp.

Edit: I also failed to save Melicamp

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Shorty has died to an ettercap in a Cloakwood random encounter.

I'm still having screenshot issues so I'll just say RIP Shorty

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Rosemont posted:

All right! First try! Made a half-elf archer using the advice I got from the thread. Everything went well with Candlekeep, except for the fact that longbows are too goddamn expensive. But, I managed to get nice and equipped and make my way toward the Friendly Arms Inn. I picked up Xzar and Montaron, started poking around in the wilderness, and---

...that has to be some kind of record.

Okay, let's try this again. Hopefully I have something that isn't so damned pathetic to report next time.

A small exploit, if you talk to Firebeard Elvenhair in the Candlekeep Inn exactly 30 times he will give you 300 gold.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Rosemont posted:

Well, Sophia made it farther than the others:

She reached the Friendly Arms, picked up Jaheira and Khalid, and a whole slew of sidequests.

Then reached Beregost, and I ran around poking into people's houses and dealing with NPCs, including Silke and Neesha.

Then right on the heels of that, I went into the Red Sheaf Inn where I promptly got killed by an rear end in a top hat dwarf.

This was all a while back, and I've played more characters since then but haven't reported on them because none of them have gotten anywhere. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if the RNG just hates me that much, but I've gone through so many characters since Sophia that I'm about ready to throw in the towel and bow out of the challenge. I'm gonna give it one more try later today.

Honestly? You aren't doing badly. Low levels are brutal because you just don't have the hp to survive. Ironmanning this game is largely about knowing what enemies with what are going to be where, doing easy stuff first, and getting lucky with the RNG. Trying to learn the layout of the game at the same time is really beyond difficult.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

You can't get to Nashkel in Chapter 1 either.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

JustJeff88 posted:

It just occurred to me that doing this game Ironman style must be rather easier than BG and PT in the sense that there is no main character whose death immediately ends the game. In IWD, 5 of the 6 PCs can be scythed down and, so long as one is still up, the game still hasn't technically ended.

The nameless one dying in PT does not end the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Each drop has its own list of five items that can drop from a given source, and all the items are afaik unique.