Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
oh day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i thought that the bigger thing were all of the videos being unencrypted and we’re, drumroll please.... in an unsecured s3 bucket!!!!!

in shocking no one news, ring is a dumpster fire of a company

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
my best swing at that protest wise would be to reinstall the lock on like a bathroom door or some poo poo and maybe send all of the network traffic to a chinese vpn or something.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rufus Ping posted:

google should never have got rid of xmpp federation in gchat, this was a worse crime than killing off google reader imo

agreed.

it goes against their current dogshit garbage of making their own protocols, though. im not amped for AMP!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CmdrRiker posted:

Yeah, I hope it is misrepresentation of session authorization state rather than implicit authorization that leaks through an untested user story. I wonder if it was exploited through OS X calls too.

i think i saw something that the exploit works on macOS too lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

there’s no one to really root ( :nsa: ) for, but outside of apple just straight up blacklisting facebook from the app store, the best thing i could think of is apple popping up an android-esque permissions dialogue box for every facebook and facebook subsidiary app that’s just a list of times they’ve gotten caught with their hand in the cookie jar over the last 5 years

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Potato Salad posted:

The public isn't going to give a poo poo.

yeahhhhhhhh

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I fail to recognise the “bad practice” here. Researchers clearly asked for consent, in case of teens they have required parental consent as well, they have had clearly worded policy, they have generously paid for participation.

There is no other way to see the user experience in the whole without using VPN and custom root SSL certificate since every app is sandboxed and traffic is sent over HTTPS most of the times.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

haveblue posted:

did you paste this from a comment somewhere

I’m the EULA defender

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ok alex stamos

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
he’s on twitter goin “don’t try to paint me as a bad guy” with the replies being “don’t let them drag you we all make mistakes!”

https://twitter.com/xormalware/status/1093269096970534914?s=21

Phone fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 7, 2019

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Volmarias posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

mackenzie :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jeoh posted:

cant wait for the banks to offer their poo poo through an api rather than loving e-mail or sftp

i look forward to working on this 15 years from now

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Methanar posted:

Lol remember that time some japanese automotive manufacture changed their mind about building a factory in alabama and instead went to ontario because they didn't want a sickly workforce that had no social support systems in place.

i think it was mercedes in alabama; however, i think the majority of those stories are apocryphal

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
someone likes EF civics

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Midjack posted:

motherfuckers act like they forgot about jre

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
your gender is too similar to a previously used gender

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Partycat posted:

Is there maybe a chance Facebook is using some sort of federated authentication trash instead of just trying the supplied credential somehow ?

you have a higher chance of winning tonight’s powerball drawing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i got my passport yesterday and had to make a login.gov account... it was not the worst?

they make you set up 2FA with the options being sms/text, an authentication app, some other one, or a hardware key.

then they display a 16 character private key and tell you to write it down or print it out so that you can regain control over your account if you forgot your password and hosed up your 2FA. :v: