Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
yeah i wouldn't say apple is perfect, but don't create this false equivalency with two companies whose entire revenue streams are based on collecting and monetizing as much personal info as they can glean from you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Truga posted:

yeah, apple just hasn't hosed up yet. never trust a corporation

the issue is that facebook and google didn't gently caress up, they did exactly what they wanted to do

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i'm the guy with the 2nd home who's going to drop everything to travel there to save the items in my fridge when i get a notification that it's failed on my phone

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Keepass and Mooltipass are still acceptable, right?:ohdear:

i use moviepass to keep my passwords safe, they're all on a post-it note under a seat in theater 3 at the local amc loews

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

facebook employee, looking at huge screen with all the email contacts on it, mouse hovering over the "UPLOAD" button when a loud noise startles him: ahh gently caress poo poo