Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
stock market is really bitcoin!???!
Yes
No
Goku
Trumpuku
View Results

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
It's just play money but got critical mass I guess.

Maybe post about the economy here? I'm not going to loving read this again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it wishes

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no of course not the stock market isn't based on wasting exponentially greater amounts of energy

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

there's a great primer for radical thought re: currency and debt by the wonderful Dave Graeber

full download available for free:

http://libcom.org/files/__Debt__The_First_5_000_Years.pdf

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't think financial gamblers should have a say in the running of companies.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

DrPossum posted:

It's just play money

All money is play money :colbert:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

financial mechanisms are a spectrum, they go from most material to most immaterial:

(this graph is not definitive, feel free to expand or rearrange if you feel i've made any mistakes)

(most material)______________________________________________________________________(most immaterial)
real estate, gold<-->commodities<-->cash<-->stocks, bonds<-->futures<-->derivatives<-->crypto currency

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
STONKS!!!

animist
Aug 28, 2018
stocks? in this economy?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Former DILF posted:

financial mechanisms are a spectrum, they go from most material to most immaterial:

(this graph is not definitive, feel free to expand or rearrange if you feel i've made any mistakes)

(most material)______________________________________________________________________(most immaterial)
real estate, gold<-->commodities<-->cash<-->stocks, bonds<-->futures<-->derivatives<-->crypto currency

this is why a wise investor places his trust in the most tangible of all assets, Beanie Babies™

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All of my coins are invested in Some Goon's rear end

I forgot his name but I am sure they are secure

Or her name idk really but probably not ya know

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Reminder: there was a crypto called Ponzicoin, and when they mined enough the official website was replaced with a .txt file that just said "penis"

This is not meant to answer the OP's question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
No, op, I don't think that.