Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

Watched Into the Spiderverse; its gorgeous but a) the film has some plot threads just have to resolve because there was 0 time due to smashing an origin story in an already overstuffed premise which left somethings unsatisfying and b) my boy Spiderman 2099 didnt get enough screen time.

Oh, wow, this is pretty much the opposite of my opinion. I mean, it is gorgeous, but my only problem with the movie was visual. Dear ambitious outside-the-box animators, please take care to ensure that your cool stylization methods don't constantly look like a 3D movie being watched without 3D glasses, I don't like being anxious that the theater has put on the wrong print of the movie, everything else was great, thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Spiderverse is that for most of the runtime I worried they were accidentally playing the 3d version by mistake.

Yeah, this. It seems to be a minority opinion, though, and I'm honestly not sure if it just means that our vision is going or what.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
One obvious problem here is that Quasimodo looks very much like Donald Trump, which really spoils the whole message about looking deeper to the substance of a person, because the person we know in real life who looks like this actually is exactly as bad as he looks.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Macaluso posted:

Which maybe Sega took notice of all the negativity and was like "you need to fix this now"

I don't think Sega was the deciding factor - apparently they'd been begging Paramount to fix it for ages and were being ignored.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Dragon.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I think you can go through any children's media and see the same effect, with everything being vaguely retro compared to the actual time it was released. About things like school specifically. (also everyone is in highschool no matter what grade they are in, because people have better memories of what high school was like than grade school so every school is a high school. Everyone goes to their 2nd grade locker

LoseHound posted:

highschool offers more independence and more stock plots to use. sure it makes no sense why 4th graders have lockers

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure exactly when I got a locker, but I'm confident I had one in the fourth grade, and I'm pretty sure I had one in the second grade. I'm pretty sure I even had one in the first grade. Maybe you're actually the ones misremembering what childhood is like? I associate "not old enough to have a locker yet" with preschool and kindergarten. Or maybe we just had very different experiences as children. :shrug:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Lorax SUV came off less as a boneheaded attempt to make money and more as a direct gently caress You to Seuss's book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw Toy Story 4 and it was a lot better than it had any right to be. I don't like that. IMHO Pixar should just keep making Toy Stories until they're actually bad, and then keep making them until there are more bad ones than good ones, and then keeping making them for a while after that, like Simpsons seasons