Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Supercross season is upon us again. The biggest news is probably that Fox finally got the boot, and all the races are on NBCSports now. Check out this TV schedule:

If you live in the US, you can tell your cable company to suck it and just buy direct access to the races with the Gold Pass. I used it for the outdoor season a few years ago, and it was pretty nice to get all the races live and without ads. If you're outside the US, check out this link.

We're also running a PulpMX fantasy league again this year. To steal from our post last year:
Instructions:
1. https://www.pulpmxfantasy.com
2. Sign up using your SA username (preferably)
3. Select leagues
4. Join Goons (pw: ralph)

Format
1. Pick 4 riders in both the 250 and 450 classes each week.
2. Cannot pick the same rider two weeks in a row.
3. Riders are given "handicaps". Handicaps adjust points earned based on finish position. Example: Rider with handicap of 4 finishes 11, points awarded for 7th.
4. You must pick at least 1 "All-Star" for each team. "All-Star" riders are classified as the current top 8 in points for each class. Riders not categorized as "All-Star" are worth double points if they're handicap-adjusted finish is in the top 10.
5. Optional: Guess the race leader at the end of lap 1. +15 points for correct pick, -15 points for incorrect pick.

If you're ready to abandon our dead forum, we will probably be discussing the races in the #bieks Discord

Is Tomac going to choke before he can win the championship? Will Plessinger bust out some new dance moves? Can Cianciarulo finally claim a 250 title? Time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

oh bby

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Joined. I know the Rocky Mountain leagues opened up picks today. When does PulpMX?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Jimmmyy DDDDD is running the west:

https://racerxonline.com/2018/12/31/2019-anaheim-1-provisional-entry-lists-released

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Joined. I know the Rocky Mountain leagues opened up picks today. When does PulpMX?

I'd guess tomorrow maybe? Usually they open up at least a few days before the races, and I think they were waiting for that provisional entry list to be released.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'm in, fellas.

Deeters posted:

Is Tomac going to choke before he can win the championship? Will Plessinger bust out some new dance moves? Can Cianciarulo finally claim a 250 title? Time will tell.

If both of them stop choking this year it will be the end of the world.

Anderson "gets injured" to save face in the middle of the season after he gets sick of losing to Tomac and Roczen.
Osbourne to be the best rookie and finishes top 3 in points behind Tomac and Roczen.
Plessinger gets all the fun beat out of him by the 450 class and gets injured.
The other 3 baker program riders (Musquin, Anderson, Webb) kill each other every week.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm in, fellas.

If both of them stop choking this year it will be the end of the world.

Anderson "gets injured" to save face in the middle of the season after he gets sick of losing to Tomac and Roczen.
Osbourne to be the best rookie and finishes top 3 in points behind Tomac and Roczen.
Plessinger gets all the fun beat out of him by the 450 class and gets injured.
The other 3 baker program riders (Musquin, Anderson, Webb) kill each other every week.

gonna lol so hard at you when Anderson wins again even though he's not as good as Tomac or Roczen.

Agree on Osbourne.

Disagree. Plessinger is going to get carried to greatness by ZachO.

Will Webb be good this year? Finally? A: no.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

gonna lol so hard at you when Anderson wins again even though he's not as good as Tomac or Roczen.

Agree on Osbourne.

Disagree. Plessinger is going to get carried to greatness by ZachO.

Will Webb be good this year? Finally? A: no.

Oh yea, Anderson could definitely win again. It's probably more likely than Eli not doing Eli things at some point during the season, like his pants falling down again or stopping for a slize of pizza before he gets back on his bike after he wads it somewhere.

I was just listening to the 450 season preview from pulpMX and it looks like Osbourne is going to be out for the first couple of weeks. Damnit.

Marv apparently has a knee injury, Eli was rumored to be off the bike for a week or two after a getoff, and there was a rumor that Anderson was in the ER with a wrist thing. I don't know what's real and what's disinformation.

dreesemonkey fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 2, 2019

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Either Roczen's arms are made of glass or they're made of steel now. I don't know which though.

I think a lot of folks are eyeing Eli and Jason, but I think Marv is just as likely to be as good as those 2.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The Osborne news is real at least. It sucks, but at least he doesn't have to deal with the pressure of possibly winning a title his first season.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm in

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I am also in

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Any of y'all get the NBC Gold thing this year? I'm thinking about it but has it been confirmed that you can watch the races after the fact? I don't wanna drop that coin and not see the weekends because work might interfere occasionally.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
AC
Cameron Mcadoo
Chase Marquier
Jimmy decotis

AP
Cole Seely
Mookie
Friese

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Any of y'all get the NBC Gold thing this year? I'm thinking about it but has it been confirmed that you can watch the races after the fact? I don't wanna drop that coin and not see the weekends because work might interfere occasionally.

I get it every year for mx and you can watch the archive. I bought the double pass for sx and mx yesterday.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I had it two years ago and just reupped the double feature this year. Not having to remember to set record is nice. Do they still leave the feed going instead of an ad break?

Edit: My picks
AC
Ferrandis
Marchbanks (don't know who he is, but he's got a pic)
Jimmy D

Roczen
Plessinger
Barcia
Reed

Deeters fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 5, 2019

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Jimmy dddddd quals 3rd

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
McAdoo
Mcelrath
Jerry Robin
Jimmy d

Reed
Friese
Brayton
Webb

Gosh darn I'm so excited for sx

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I really wish the move to NBC replaced Ralph with weege. RC replacing emig is terrible

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Hahahaha broken gate

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Fuckin' love Ken!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Mookie looked pretty good in that heat

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

join the bieks discord, we live chattin

https://discord.gg/VjH4dW

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

shacked up with Brenda posted:

join the bieks discord, we live chattin

https://discord.gg/VjH4dW

Says it's a lapsed invite wth?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

try this oh god I'm not good with computers

https://discord.gg/aMMnqk

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters you wanker you didn't put in any pix:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

"You can't win a championship at A1, but you can lose one" - Ricky Carmichael

I saw the "Team Saved" notification like 5 times. Guess they lied

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

"You can't win a championship at A1, but you can lose one" - Ricky Carmichael

I saw the "Team Saved" notification like 5 times. Guess they lied

Happened to me like three times last year. I don't know why but it sucks. If you post who you picked in thread then we can believe you and include your points at the end of the year. Maybe.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Ohhhhhh time for pix boys

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Blose
Ferrandis
Lopes
Sean cantrell (this is the one I feel least good about)

Tomac
Bogle
ZachO
Lamay

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I've gotta work thru probably the heats tomorrow. Hopefully the streetcars are on the ball and I can watch the LCQ's/Mains live

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Braaap braaaap

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
God-loving-drat it! Malcolm broke his femur.

:smith:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I know we're all live-chattin' the races now, but I thought the 450 main was a great race, though I'm feelin' bad for Mookie - I thought this might be his year.

Bagget winning is awesome. I wish Barcia did better, but in my heart of hearts I think 6th place is going to be close to (maybe a bit under) his average finish.

K-Roc getting the red plate. I WONDER IF IT"S GON B HEAVY HURR DURR.

The 250 race was boring. I expect AC to win every West race really. Jimmy D failed me like usual.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, Savatgy got concussed too.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
One of the other bartenders came in this afternoon and asked if I'd cover for him this Saturday night 'cause he's got family coming to town.

I was like, sure. No problem.

He left the bar and 10 seconds I was like, WAIT!!!

I'm such a dumb bastard sometimes.

:smith:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Ouch :smith:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
You think that's bad, I chose ZachO totally without thinking.

still scored more points than you did :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

You think that's bad, I chose ZachO totally without thinking.

still scored more points than you did :agesilaus:

I chose Carson Brown and I'm pretty sure he wasn't even there :( And then Savatgy didn't help.

Mitchell Harisson might be a good pick next week, his handicap should be really juicy not making the first two mains.

e: It's also the first triple crown round! That will at least guarantee all your guys will be in the mains