Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

What a fuckin' bloodbath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Ooooooh, just holding you punks off.

e: Also this

dreesemonkey fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 16, 2019

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
They're doing a drop round again.

https://twitter.com/PulpMXFantasy/status/1086009495749185537?s=19

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Woo, I can be competitive again.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Woo, I can be competitive again.

But which of your scores will you drop?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Dylan Merriam -6 Handicap
Cameron Mcadoo -2 Handicap
Robbie Wageman -10 Handicap
Adam Cianciarulo -ALL-STAR -2 Handicap

Kyle Chisholm -9 Handicap
Justin Hill -4 Handicap
Alex Ray -10 Handicap
Cooper Webb -ALL-STAR -7 Handicap

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Not going to finalize my team until after qualifying and the LCQ. Friendly reminder that this is a triple crown round and you can pick up until the first heat race. You will know who is in the mains ahead of time so you'll be able have scoring for all riders this week. Theoretically.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dreesemonkey posted:

Not going to finalize my team until after qualifying and the LCQ. Friendly reminder that this is a triple crown round and you can pick up until the first heat race. You will know who is in the mains ahead of time so you'll be able have scoring for all riders this week. Theoretically.

drat that sucks coinciding with work here. Ah well, nothing I can do about it now.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I have to actually go out and be social tonight, so I'm not going to be fiddling with my choices.

Nichols
Marchbanks
Cantrell
Mcelrath
(Cianciarulo with the holeshot)

Tomac
Musquin
Roczen
Anderson
(Bagget with the holeshot)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Deeters posted:

Yeah, I have to actually go out and be social tonight, so I'm not going to be fiddling with my choices.

Nichols
Marchbanks
Cantrell
Mcelrath
(Cianciarulo with the holeshot)

Tomac
Musquin
Roczen
Anderson
(Bagget with the holeshot)

You're picking too many allstars. Not advisable since none are eligible for double points.

For example, Alex Ray is guaranteed in the main tonight because he qualified high enough (18th - top 18 go direct to the 3 mains, there is an LCQ to take the next 4). His handicap is 10, so lets say he gets 16th overall tonight, that means he gets points for 6th (16-10 handicap) DOUBLED since he's not an allstar and his adjusted finish position is in the top 10. So Aray would pull down more points than any allstar could get.

With your allstar pick you're just hoping to get that 26 points because that's all you can get for them.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here's another example. Thomas Do, whoever that is, qualified 18th in the 250 class. His handicap is 14, so he is guaranteed 30 points (22 - 14 = 8, 8th place points doubled is 30). That is a win all day.

250 LCQ just ended, Chris Howell (handicap 16) qualified, so he's guaranteed 34 points.

Picks:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

That makes way more sense than the way they explained it on the site. I was under the impression that a non-allstar needed to finish inside the top ten to get the double points (and my previous strategy of 2 all stars hadn't been paying off)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Deeters posted:

That makes way more sense than the way they explained it on the site. I was under the impression that a non-allstar needed to finish inside the top ten to get the double points (and my previous strategy of 2 all stars hadn't been paying off)

Yeah I'm not a gambling guy so it took a little while for me to figure it out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Whelp, Anderson is done for the season.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

A merciful end to Anderson imo.

Racer X is reporting Barcia is going to race with his bruised rear end. Let me tell you, I've bruised my tailbone and it was like 6 weeks of funny-walkin' I can't imagine how he's going to do it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

A merciful end to Anderson imo.

Racer X is reporting Barcia is going to race with his bruised rear end. Let me tell you, I've bruised my tailbone and it was like 6 weeks of funny-walkin' I can't imagine how he's going to do it.

I can't imagine trying to ride SX with a bruised tailbone.

I rode my road bike on the trainer yesterday and my butt bones will be sore for a few days. Totally the same thing, right?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm in, fellas.

If both of them stop choking this year it will be the end of the world.

Anderson "gets injured" to save face in the middle of the season after he gets sick of losing to Tomac and Roczen.
Osbourne to be the best rookie and finishes top 3 in points behind Tomac and Roczen.
Plessinger gets all the fun beat out of him by the 450 class and gets injured.
The other 3 baker program riders (Musquin, Anderson, Webb) kill each other every week.

Ok, I was like half right here.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

#butts

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

That was a super fun-to-watch race on the 450 end. I was really hoping Marv would send Webb into one of Matthes' nets, but oh well.

Happy to see bagget up there.

Jimmy D failed me after a heat race win.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, that was a really fun race to watch. I'm glad I took dreese's advice because I actually got some good points this round.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I agree, it was a good race despite Webb winning. I have to imagine webb's swagger will annoy the wrong person out on the track and he'll get punted into the outdoors. One can dream, anyway.

What's going on with Tomac? Nursing an injury? Riding within mortal means to not bin it? Is he going to flip a switch at some point?

Kinda the same with Roczen. I've always said he's probably the most mentally strong rider, but he choked in the first main in A2 to give cooper the win, just like he choked on the last lap to let Anderson win whatever race that was last year on the last lap.

I'm excited for Zacho to come back, I'm hearing another couple of weeks. I'm really interested to see where he stacks up. The points probably won't work out, but I did pick him to be the best rookie. Wouldn't be too hard at this point, plessinger, aside from A1, hasn't been overly impressive. Zacho, who rides with Marv and Webb every day, has got to be up there pretty good.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Tomac's gonna be on the Whiskey Throttle Show this week

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Tomac's gonna be on the Whiskey Throttle Show this week

I wonder if he'll grow a personality

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

shacked up with Brenda posted:

I wonder if he'll grow a personality

I'm gonna watch the first 15 minutes or so before deciding whether to watch the whole thing.

Ping and Grant usually do a good job of letting the guest talk, so we'll see.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

What's going on with Tomac? Nursing an injury? Riding within mortal means to not bin it? Is he going to flip a switch at some point?

One of the guys on the Steve Matthes show said they're still being told he had some sort of back injury, despite Tomac and his team denying it. That seems a little too :tinfoil: for me. Both he and Roczen started looking really slow as the night went on.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Jerry Robin - 7 Handicap
Enzo Lopes - 7 Handicap
Adam Cianciarulo - ALL-STAR - 2 Handicap
James Decotis - 1 Handicap

Cole Seely - ALL-STAR - 7 Handicap
Tyler Bowers - 6 Handicap
Justin Bogle - 5 Handicap
Vince Friese - 3 Handicap

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Looks like it's going to be muddy. I have no idea what to do. At the moment:

Nichols (all-star}
Jimmy d
Jerry Robin
Mitchell Harrison

Barcia (allstar) good in mud despite the ouch butt?
Plessinger (should be a great pick if it's muddy)
Savatgy (gotta put it together sometime?)
A ray (probably a dumb choice)

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

dreesemonkey posted:

Looks like it's going to be muddy. I have no idea what to do. At the moment:

Nichols (all-star}
Jimmy d
Jerry Robin
Mitchell Harrison

Barcia (allstar) good in mud despite the ouch butt?
Plessinger (should be a great pick if it's muddy)
A ray (probably a dumb choice)

Seems like anytime I pick A Ray or 722, they never make the main. Hopefully AP can pull it off and win tonight in the mud. Sucks they didnt show practice or qualifying tonight.

250-
Mcelrath
Castelo
Robbie Wageman
petis
450-
AP
Bam Bam
Bogle
Hill
AC & ET for holeshots

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dreesemonkey posted:

Goddamn I hope so.

He's had a lackluster rookie season so far.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Dearest riders,:; it is with great sadness we recognize we chemically scarred your scrotums
in an effort to maek ammends, we shall suspend all drug testing for A3

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
This could be an interesting week for fantasy with the first round of East sx. I'm planning on listening to the pulp fantasy podcast to get some hints, if you have time that would probably be a good idea. Also checking out practice and qualifying times and Twitter.

I think Forkner and Marty (not long term) have most of these guys worked unless Jordan Smith or Christian Craig can step up. Sexton and Cooper and Amart may be up there in the mix regularly, too.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Kyle Cunninham
A Mart
Chase Marquier (I don’t know why I keep choosing him, it never goes well)
Jordan Bailey

A Ray
Kyle Chisholm
Cole Martinez
Tomac

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Kyle Cunninham
A Mart
Chase Marquier (I don’t know why I keep choosing him, it never goes well)
Jordan Bailey

A Ray
Kyle Chisholm
Cole Martinez
Tomac

I think these look pretty decent. Another thing I didn't really consider is how people are going to cope with any sick burns from last week in the 450 class, might shake stuff up a bit.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Wharton
Peters
Cooper (all star)
Covington

Bagget (all-star)
Brayton
Chisholm
A-Ray

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
A Ray is a great pick this week, hopefully 722 can finally make a main.

250:
Wharton
Falk
Crown
Justin Cooper

450:
Webb
Bowers
A Ray
Chisholm

Holeshot:
Forkner
Toemack

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

250:
Davalos
Crown
Wharton
Bailey

450:
Savatgy
Roczen
Lamay
A.Ray

If I get everybody in the Mains, I'll consider it a success.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
250:
Davalos
Cooper
Wharton
Cartwright

450:
Webb
Plessinger
Lamay
Ray

Just throwin' poo poo at the wall at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Just throwin' poo poo at the wall at this point.

I think at some point the handicaps get so refined that this is basically pulpFantasy.txt