Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
East coast races means my girlfriend is awake which changes the whole dynamic and means I'm c itizised for " not stopping at three"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
She bought tickets for jersey though so it balances out

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Seems like this was a good weekend for Team Jesus

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Seems like this was a good weekend for Team Jesus

Is he going to win the championship this year? Turns out I want Tomac to (finally) win.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I put pix in every weekend, but I haven't looked at scores in a while. Until now.

Yikes.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

I put pix in every weekend, but I haven't looked at scores in a while. Until now.

Yikes.

Your pix are like tomac’s season. Unexpectedly poor but we all hope you’ll turn it around. Unfortunately, god is rooting for ex250 type r.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Austin Forkner
ALL-STAR 1 Handicap
Blake Wharton
6 Handicap
Thomas Covington
2 Handicap
Lorenzo Locurcio
4 Handicap

Justin Brayton
0 Handicap
Cole Seely
1 Handicap
Ken Roczen
ALL-STAR 2 Handicap
Justin Bogle
4 Handicap

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Pennington
Davalos
Falk
Sexton (all-star)

Osboune
Hill (dumb pick I know)
Blose
Webb (all-star who I hope he does horrible and I get no points for)

Sounds like another really easy track with not much passing. Yay.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Gonna see if listening to the PulpMX fantasy show pays off at all.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

fuckin roczen

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

I picked Ken cause I picked Cooper last week.

Oops!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Either would have maxed out fantasy points wise.

Fantasy was a wreck for me (154 points) and I didn't like the race outcome, I was pissed that I stayed up to watch that.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Either would have maxed out fantasy points wise.

Fantasy was a wreck for me (154 points) and I didn't like the race outcome, I was pissed that I stayed up to watch that.

Webb gonna win the championship. Still wtf tomac? Stop not-winning.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Just read Bowers' Instagram.

I'm pulling for him.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Webb gonna win the championship. Still wtf tomac? Stop not-winning.

Stop posting these harsh truths, I can't deal. Here's my theory on Roczen and Tomac:

Roczen - Rumors of hand/grip problems, not surprising since he's half metal at this point. No amount of physical fitness is going to let him finish off strong.

Tomac - (Re)injured and/or just a giant headcase. Maybe he knocked up his girlfriend or something. HOW can he go from being so fast the last two years to this? HOW? Get the 2018 bike out of storage or something, christ.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Quick reminder that because tonight is a Triple Crown race, the starting line up for the mains is already set and can be viewed here. And you've got 3 chances to get the first lap leader right. Don't get stuck with less than 8 riders in the main!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Welp, not a great week for me (185). I was traveling and out of cellphone range so I couldn't alter my team after qualifying, I picked earlier in the morning Saturday so I only had 7 guys in the main.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Welp, not a great week for me (185). I was traveling and out of cellphone range so I couldn't alter my team after qualifying, I picked earlier in the morning Saturday so I only had 7 guys in the main.

6, here. :respek:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Carnival season is in full swing here so I'm in the "double-shift" zone. Didn't even realize Saturday was a TC format. Picked my 4 on a smoke break & went back to work.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Probably not gonna watch this one live, but the 250s should be a good race.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I got stuck at work and forgot to put in pix at the last round. Whoops.

Thank goodness for the drop race

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Huh...
https://racerxonline.com/2019/03/24/explaining-marvin-musquin-penalty

Still wondering wtf tomac is. This dude getting third and fourth is not the man I’m looking for.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

Huh...

Still wondering wtf tomac is. This dude getting third and fourth is not the man I’m looking for.

Bro are you dead or something where the gently caress you at

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

Bro are you dead or something where the gently caress you at

Busy few months at work and I can only handle snap not both.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Huh...

There was apparently some gnashing of teeth on twitter about Webb and Savatgy jumping off the face of the jump Chad was laying on and whether or not that was considered safe. That would have made the title chase much more spicy as Marv kind of took some of the wind out of his own sales.

No one knows what's going on with Tomac. There is no excuse for his fall from grace, IMO. Musquin is just now looking like his previous self from the past few seasons, and when Tomac is on he's well beyond Marvin. I've only seen Tomac look like Tomac a couple of times, like the first two races in the Detroit triple crown.

Opinions: He's a headcase, he needs to train with other riders, the tracks have been tamer this year, eliminating the big risk/big reward rhythms that he's good at
Conspiracy theory: He has some sort of lingering injury, he's unhappy with the Kawi and signing elsewhere next year

Luke warm take: Tomac isn't winning either championship this year.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dreesemonkey posted:

Opinions: He's a headcase, he needs to train with other riders, the tracks have been tamer this year, eliminating the big risk/big reward rhythms that he's good at
Conspiracy theory: He has some sort of lingering injury, he's unhappy with the Kawi and signing elsewhere next year

I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now.

Also interested to see if Webb has a resurgence or if Marv can move past him in the standings.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm on team marv

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I'm on team not-webb. But it would be alright to see Marv win, he's at least a nice dude.

I still think it's Webb's to lose. I think he's mentally tougher than Marv is.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

There was apparently some gnashing of teeth on twitter about Webb and Savatgy jumping off the face of the jump Chad was laying on and whether or not that was considered safe. That would have made the title chase much more spicy as Marv kind of took some of the wind out of his own sales.

No one knows what's going on with Tomac. There is no excuse for his fall from grace, IMO. Musquin is just now looking like his previous self from the past few seasons, and when Tomac is on he's well beyond Marvin. I've only seen Tomac look like Tomac a couple of times, like the first two races in the Detroit triple crown.

Luke warm take: Tomac isn't winning either championship this year.

Watching him through the whoops in Seattle, he just didn't have the pace he used to and it looked like he was trying. He used to go through whoops and add like eleven seconds to his lead every single time. Approximately. Now he's slower blitzing them than other dudes jumping them which just isn't right. Definitely agree with some of the changes to the tracks, but he was also just plain faster than everyone last year by like a mile when he was on so that doesn't seem like the full explanation.

I think it's probably, in order of likelihood.
1. brain problems.
2. bike issues (Remember when there was some issue with setup and then it all clicked and oh man he was fast)
3. fitness? I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's #1.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
JS7 interview (!!!)

https://vimeo.com/327216329

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I'm a minute in and I can tell this isn't a comeback vid. :rip:

AC
Starling
Lopes
Wageman

Tomac
Seely
A Ray
Blose

Tempted by zacho at -1 handicap but I can't bring myself to do it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
"Tomac... he should smoke all these dudes... then I saw the weakness of him. It was mental."
-JS7

goddamnit

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Marv is the Pedrosa of Supercross. Experienced rider getting beat by his new teammate, has a bunch of dumb crashes, but otherwise seems like a really nice guy off the track.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

So I think Forkner is dead. He crashed pretty hard in the first 250A practice, kind of like a whiskey throttle through the whoops and off the track. Then I missed the second round of 450 qualifying because of dinner but right at the end of 250A Forkner over jumped something and seemed to be in lots of pain from the earlier injury and was trucked off the track on the Medic Mule(R)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

EX250 Type R posted:

So I think Forkner is dead. He crashed pretty hard in the first 250A practice, kind of like a whiskey throttle through the whoops and off the track. Then I missed the second round of 450 qualifying because of dinner but right at the end of 250A Forkner over jumped something and seemed to be in lots of pain from the earlier injury and was trucked off the track on the Medic Mule(R)

There is speculation that he tore his ACL, but it's just that right now.

I had a good fantasy weekend for once, 288 pts!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

dreesemonkey posted:

There is speculation that he tore his ACL, but it's just that right now.

I had a good fantasy weekend for once, 288 pts!

I've worked nearly every Saturday since the season started, so my picks are in either late Friday or early Saturday morning.

I picked Forkner to win the 250 race. :smith:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Barcia's gonna miss the rest of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013