Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Vintage Dilbert has a lot of hit and miss to it but the best of the hits are :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Locher Tracy

Is this guy a master bank robber because he is fat and blocks the exit? :roflolmao:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I started keeping up with this thread last year so I am not privy to reruns. Snails is my kind of wacky gangster. :allears:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

God Bless The Adventures of Snails.

Sally Forth posted:

Hey I don't really do this but can I borrow your RV? I just had a major drain on my finances and I don't do this stuff anyway but I wanted to be in charge of a big expensive machine.

We aren't even polite neighbor friends and I do not trust you.

Come onnnnn.

Well OK. Let me tell you your responsibilities. Don't wreck my RV. I'll make you pay for it.

I will not wreck your RV.

CAMERA CUT

I AM WRECKING YOUR RV!!!!!!! across 6 strips.

It is unusually insufferable for Sally Forth, I'll say that much.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

Snails moving quickly

Godspeed you dashing rogue.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo Snails might be the most ruthless guy in all of Tracydom. Did he recruit Sludge just to plant his body in the cab as a patsy? Did he just want somebody extra to kill? God drat. And that third panel in Dustin is a crime against comedy.

Keep running In Security to harvest pain from the thread tia.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The most amazing part of Snails' rampage is he did it without being seen by guys in a helicopter actively watching him. What a pro!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Is this the end of Snails!? :ohdear:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Mandrake pulling off a master class shenanigan. Also hoping the bald dad adopted Moe because he's him in cat form.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

They'll Do It Every Time illustrating that nothing has changed in 73 years.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

It's an integral part of the retail experience for management to act like the sky is falling to maintain low key dread at all times. But don't worry, you can fight the fear back if you just push the store credit card more frequently.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

C&H has the parents cool down a little later on, especially in a weekly arc where Hobbes gets lost in the woods and Calvin's Mom actually calls for him by name. Stuff like Calvin's Dad spinning kid-friendly lies to yank Calvin's chain are great too. There's just a lot more "Calvin causes legitimate property damage" strips that'd make anyone stressful.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 11, 2019

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Just make Curtis about the barber, the best and most heroic character.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Big thanks to the Cuphead animators for joining the rare ranks of the Popeye's Cartoon Club contributors that remembered to tell a joke.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

help i laughed at a holbrook

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Buck Mild's Wife is upset that she could die giving birth and that the choice of "never have kids" or "have a kid and roll the dice" is not a kind one.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'll forgive Luann if it becomes Tara and we just watch a sane person go around town telling idiots to get bent.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

A cunning ploy. To prove Tara was quoting the professor's original hot air I would have to reread Luann and the author knows I won't do that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I don't want anyone to miss Rex Morgan actually getting a sensible chuckle today. It soothes the rage from Luann.

!?!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Nikaer Drekin posted:

This thread has honestly had a biiiiiit of a hair trigger lately as far as thinking that comic creators are gleefully malicious by including conflict in their stories. Not that the Evanses haven't unreasonably piled on Tiffany in the past, but we're clearly supposed to feel bad for her here, and a week of "Tiffany has a nice Thanksgiving with her dad" strips would be boring as sin.

A week of "Tiffany establishes respectful boundaries about her dad's abusive girlfriend" would work.

I think everyone feels bad for Tiff in spite of anything the Evanses planned because "abusive step parent" is a pretty wide net that hits deep in the gut. She's usually played for laughs, even her entry into a business program was after Bernie ratted out her side hustle and was portrayed as the decision of an excitable fool. I see your point but I think a traditional long running work would include some back and forth, hardships and growth, conflicts and resolutions. Aside from Luann's habit of never committing to any storyline long enough for a satisfying conclusion before cutting away to another, Tiffany has been in a downward spiral since exposing Ann's counterfeit lingerie sales. It'd be nice to see Tiff become roommates with her business economics friend and stop associating with people who hurt or tear her down.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

In most stores adding new registers would be a matter of architecture and a remodel of the entire section.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 16, 1998)

[X] I'm in this picture
[X] I don't like it

I do love A&J though, likely the best strip in the thread!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Luxrage posted:

So, a friend of mine at work and I were going looking through old animation studios from the 30s and 40s looking at random shorts, when I noticed that in 1936 Van Beuren Studios made three Toonerville Folks shorts. They're quite fun to watch when you know the characters! All three feature The Skipper and Powerful Katrinka, and two also feature the ever-tempermental Mr. Bang! These were some of the last shorts the studio made before their distributor, RKO pictures, dropped them for Disney and are quite well done!

"Toonerville Trolley" (1936) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-IgDF7O34

"Toonerville Picnic" (1936) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOaptmN174

"Trolley Ahoy (1936) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAnAWp5EtgQ

Now this is an unexpected Christmas gift, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

At the end of the decade Working Daze spirals into a black hole, collapsing and winking out of existence. A good cartoon.