Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Samovar posted:

Corto Maltese

Top middle panel here is pretty great even in context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Samovar posted:

In today's Corto Maltese: A drive-by like no other, or Rasputin channels the spirit of Yakov Yurovsky, or Corto gets in a particular mood with Rasputin. Can you guess which mood? Three guess and the first two don't count.

Just a heads-up, you seem to have a duplicate in here and possibly a skipped page.
Well done.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Samovar posted:

I know! They're very reasonable. For a conspiratorial organisation.
Almost everyone in Corto Maltese seems to be oddly reasonable regardless of how morally questionable or outright insane they are, except for Rasputin, who absorbs all the unused unreasonableness like a sponge.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

That may be the worst metaphor I've ever read.
I don't know, I think she was about to go somewhere relevant before she lost her train of thought.
Mary Quint

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

It has been a very long time since I read Bizarro but I remember it becoming increasingly smug and insufferable over the years (at least Sunday strips).
Nah, this is Non Sequitur. Different one-panel comic with an annoying guy writing it.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Haifisch posted:

2013 Spiderman

Haifisch posted:

2013 Spiderman

So, this particular segment reminded me of something (few days late, I know), and then I managed to not only remember what that something was, but track it down! Here's some olde timey spider-man edits by FactsAreUseless.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 23, 2019

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

There are plenty of bears in the woods, Mark! You're just after this one because it comes with food and beverages you rude, shallow hog.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

All-Father Eternal Eternally One!

Dog Comix

Toastline posted:

Reminds me of the edits from the comic strip megathreads of old...

I won't claim this sort of thing is ENTIRELY why I read these threads, but it's definitely why I remember them.

readingatwork posted:

Theory: Calvin is actually a halfling from the Dragonlance series.
Can't be; Calvin can correctly recognize when he's up to no good instead of being wrapped in a fluffy cloud of 'haha, I don't even know I'm doing this and have no concept of theft so I'm ~charming and whacky~.'

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Baby Blues

Can't imagine this one another way, really.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

catlord posted:

I mean, I've been getting that impression too and I'm genuinely unsure if that's actually how we're supposed to be reading it or if it's just a consequence of the pacing and somewhat over the top style of writing. I'm leaning towards the latter, but that's largely a matter of not ever expecting the editors of a newspaper strip to allow something that might be "controversial," I'd be glad to be surprised.
When the strip entered the thread in early August it was partway through a very short storyline during which Heart and a female friend got mistakenly identified as a couple, so...I also have no idea where it's presently going, but it appears to have acknowledged that gay people exist at least once, recently.
Well, I suppose you'll be leaving us now that you've hit the big time. We'll miss you, you devilish bastard.

amigolupus posted:

"people hate us...but only because our 'race does x thing' justifies their hatred". Once again Holbrook wants to tackle racism but can't help but shoot himself in the foot.
Science fiction and fantasy are the worst about falling into precisely this trap - a lot of authors seem to want to say both 'prejudice is bad and misleading' and 'here is a qwertyan, all qwertyans are extremely X and utterly Y due to the inescapable and ironclad constraints of both their biology and their apparent monoculture.'

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Zak, Iris, and Estelle enter into a mutually supportive drama-free polycule while Wilbur is consumed by rage spring rolls.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Millions of years as an apex predator, defeated by a moderately swung stick.
No foolin'.

Mark Trail Is Bad At Nature

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

This seems inconsistent of Ed. Hayden's snowman is clearly robust and upright yet it's standing there in the middle of the day loitering instead of toiling at a retail job for minimum wage.
Dustin's snowman, by contrast, appears to be suffering from some sort of head or neck injury and as such has been cast out into the street to fend for itself as the good lord intended.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

Kleiner and Kell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Haifisch posted:

I'm planning on posting the new thread tomorrow, so if there's any edits you're dying to see in the OP, post them now.

If it's at all possible, I scavenged up some R ubbish edits.