Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
oh yeah there's a chat thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Queen Combat posted:

I found a thing.

For five dollars, I had to pick it up.

uhhhhh gently caress yes. I feel like I would really like to mix this with some ambient / deep house.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Righteous! I'm a dirty scofflaw and had a pair of Denon SC5000 shipped to DE to avoid paying sales tax. I'm waiting on my family to bring them back when they return and I am so stoked to put them to good use.
Can't wait to be laptop free.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

DJ Commie posted:

DJchat in AI? Nice! . I sold my (then) sweet Geminis like 11 years ago and just picked up an Odyssey case with a pair of TT-2400s and a Numark mixer for $300. I really need to get an old Serato interface, I got rid of most of my vinyl and don't really care to mix/scratch what I have left.

Honestly unless you plan on scratching, you might want to just consider a DJ controller. I have a Numark NS6 II that I like very much. They're more powerful than a DVS setup even with a nice integrated Serato enabled mixer, and you'll probably wind up spending a lot less.
Or you could just go all out and get a Rane Seventy Two. That thing is just a powerhouse of a mixer.

STR posted:

2001 me spotted, except add a pile of trance vinyl. :stare: (actually not sure what tables I had, they were probably Geminis IIRC, and definitely a Numark mixer).

You still have any of those records?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

bolind posted:

Signed the contract for a new job today! It's going to be pretty sweet, building up and entirely new site.

Now for the sucky part, giving notice...

:yotj:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
All this degloving talk makes me think that maybe we should wear wedding Gauntlets instead.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

:whatup:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Queen Combat posted:

1: the one immediately prior to mine, you know, like a conversation goes. It's treating the SO as an object that has to be "pleased" because of whatever misogynistic chauvinist idea I don't even know what the gently caress

2: gently caress you

3: really, gently caress you, entirely uncalled for and you have no recent ideas about, you know, me, so gently caress you a third time? That's about on par with the December "hysteria" comment on "list of lovely snips people have made" from here.

E: GC4U :stwoon:

Funny, My first thought was co-dependence, not sexual objectification.
My second thought was "yeah my wife is a loving handful and there is no way in hell I could handle another one like her in ANY sense. Romantic or platonic."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Safety Dance posted:

That's nice and low-carb.

I picked up an old camera on eBay. I used to own one just like this, but it went missing when I lived in a house where a lot of my things went missing.

I'm exceptionally pleased with it. So much so that I'm pricing film development kits.

Oh gently caress yeah! I love my old Minolta stuff. They have one of the best 50mm lenses I've ever used. "Best" being entirely subjective of course.

And here's a bunch of other dorkroom and camera stuff:
https://imgur.com/a/KmrY5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Liquid Communism posted:

I like the imperfections vinyl introduces to recordings. That's all.

I just like using turntables.

Also, getting entire albums for $.50~1 is pretty good too if you're not into stealing music.