Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Everything on the internet says it has 2 slots. Make sure it isn't a stacked slot where you put one in on top of the other, I had a laptop like that. If you take one stick out, you might seethat you'd mount a second stick below or above it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
When I lived in minnesota, I remember driving a California car I bought from my dad back via new Mexico and the fluid freezing in the lines just before abq on a pass.
I assume it was 32 degree fluid. I went to the auto zone in abq and was shocked all they had was 20f fluid when in Minnesota, everything was -40. I drained the California fluid in my hotel parking lot once it got warm enough that morning, but a small about of 20f in and waited until I was far north enough to get some real loving washer fluid.

Now that I live in California, I get mildly worried about the 32F stuff I use when it drops to 30F overnight and the stop careing.

Also that same car had the hood shock fail when it wouldn't start at -20f some morning. I had my head under ig and that poo poo was heavy.
Proper hood props only, none of those fancy shocks from now on.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Winding the long way back home. This has certainly been one hell of a trip to Canada and GG what a way to start a year.

(She's going to move to Australia. She doesnt like cold weather.... so wedding August and then..... actually I'm not sure how this importation of a Canadian works. Is there a immigration thread in SA somewhere?)

Probably want to at least talk to a lawyer. You can get some really weird poo poo if you enter on the wrong visa to marry, for example, in the UK and Canada and as a commonwealth country, I'd suspect Aus would be similar.
This probably doesn't mean they need to do the whole process, but you want someone who actually knows what they are talking about rather than some internet expert.
Oh and the processing time is amazing, so get the ball rolling ASAP.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The actual marriage bit actually isnt a problem - I already have the correct visa. Advantage of living in a Commonwealth country.

Its the what comes after is going to be the problem. An expensive and time consuming problem that takes 26 months minimum. Were very well aware of the processing time :/

I was more hoping there was a thread thatll point us to someone who is recommended as an actual expert. And yeah I bet theres things that dont need lawyers but we should take care of or be aware of.

We are both more than just a bit aware this isnt a process you cant get wrong and its not easy.

One bit of advice we have been told is to keep chat via social media / chat services and call logs - Anything to prove an ongoing and serious relationship.THEN theres the four different visa types and fuuuuck what a minefield

There are one or two Australian lawgoons who lurk the legal thread. Its possible if you ask the legal question thread, you might get some advice as to who to contact. Generally lawyers know who is good.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I think I saw a Ford Ecosport on the highway on my drive home and just processed that mentally. Not a bad looking little crossover.

I rented one of these a while back. It has no power at all.
My daily driver has 100hp and 98 ft-lbs and feels fast in comparison.
It was nice inside though for that level car.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

64bit_Dophins posted:

The last time I gave a two weeks notice I made it to the end of the second week (literally the last day) only to have my boss pull me into his office and tell me that I would be fired in two weeks if I didn't get my metrics up.

Apparently he forgot about my two weeks notice and I had to remind him that it was my last day.

He was just like "Oh... ok well I guess never mind then."

Are you sure he wasn't loving with you?
When I quit my last job with like a month notice (union, government job, so no downside, plus certain lawyer ethics stuff) my boss (who I liked) made a lot of "we're gonna have to let you go" jokes (he also was an old dude who liked old man jokes.)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Man there are a lot of people on the internet who would never be able to afford one (or the last one) complaining that the new supra doesn't have a 2jz in it.

People realise that that engine is 30 years old, weighs a tonne and is pretty much garbage for anything other than drag racing or drift racing right?

Same reason you wouldn't stick a Barra in a Miata. Yeah it makes numbers on a dyno, but the first time you try to turn in, it understeers into the sea.

Or are they complaining that they're putting a bmw motor in a toyota? No one wants a toyota with an 80k mi cooling system and no dipstick.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

fridge corn posted:

I feel like people have itt have never driven a performance car with the zf box in it. Obviously most of my experience with it comes from it's applications in Aston Martins where in a GT car like the db11 it is a perfect blend of performance, comfort, and driveability, but even in the new vantage it has plenty of capability and the block shifting is a really good feature. It's not the best gearbox but it's a really good gearbox even though something like a vantage would be better off with a dct

It comes down to programming. But also via Aisin, toyota makes some pretty solid autos (including sporty ones like in the isf). The whole german drivetrain in a toyota thing is somewhat offputting simply because Toyota does that part pretty well.
That said, I suspect Toyota can program a decent zf if they want to.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wow the Saints just got robbed of a trip to the superbowl. Never want to see a game decide by the refs, but in a championship game it's just bad.

A no call on pass interference makes up for a dozen non call late hits on an old man years ago. gently caress the saints, its karma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

shy boy from chess club posted:

I thought he might be talking about the game against the Vikings. Farvres last game ever. The Saints beat the crap out of him for no good reason. gently caress them forever for that.
this

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Eh, that was almost a decade ago, the coach responsible was fired and they are a completely different team now. Pretty sure the only player still on the team since then is Drew Brees.
I don't think you understand "gently caress them forever."
Also, the head coach is the same. He wasn't the scapegoat for the whole thing, but the head coach is ultimately responsible for the culture of his team.