Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I fired up the Switch and tried this Smash Bros thing I bought yesterday and spent a lot of time confused how it all worked. Heard some fireworks at some point.

I was really reluctant to pick this up, because I KNOW I suck at Smash, and all my my friends that have a Switch are mostly the same people I used to play Smash with back on N64, GameCube, and Wii, and were going to coerce me into getting it either way.

It's pretty good. The Spirit Adventure mode has a fine line between infuriatingly difficult and rewarding-ly hard. I probably won't ever touch online for fear of getting smoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

freelop posted:

My mum used to make me run outside with boiling water and pour it on the windows.
Somehow we always got away with it.

I remember a few years ago I was already running late for work, and I forgot that it had been really misty and then freezing the night before, so I came out to my car completely encased in a layer of ice. I was afraid of snapping my lovely E36 plastic door handles, so I ran in and out of the house several times with a pot of hot tap water until I thawed the driver's door enough to open it :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I spent my weekend getting drunk and seeing two sold out Alkaline Trio shows in a row at the Metro, and hanging out in a swanky Downtown Chicago hotel. Also, I ran into Brendan Kelley of Lawrence Arms on the sidewalk and chatted with him, he's super rad.

But now I'm back in the office and everything got hosed up from my taking off for one whole day, which is par for the course.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

All this good career stuff is just reminding me how corporate recently smacked down overtime, so I'm getting poorer while work is stacking up higher on my desk. Dorks.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp, my co-worker just put in a week's notice, citing our worthless Office Manager as her reason for terminating employment. This fucks me, because I too am trying to get out. However, this recent turn of events has lead our controller of 30 years to finally get it through our General Manager's head that he needs to get rid of our Office Manager (who is his ex-SIL), or she's cutting ties.

She told me she wants me to step up and be trained to replace our Office Manager.

I don't want to be the Office Manager.

I'm pretty sure our controller realized that I'm not planning on sticking around when I said that I don't think I'm interested. She wants to follow up in "a day or two" and I don't have any offers for employment yet, because I just started looking.

:suicide:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There's nothing wrong with saying "no thanks" not everyone is power hungry enough to take the minimal pay increase for the added workload and responsibility, unfortunately the (power hungry) people willing to do it usually suck so everyone else suffers.

My job doesn't pay all that great but thank god I don't have an office job no way I could deal with the bullshit.

I'm not necessarily afraid of turning it down, the issue is that my controller and I have worked closely together for several years so she'll likely be pretty confident that my "no thanks" means "yeah, I'm on my way out." She said she wants what's best for me, even if that means I'm leaving, but we all know that doesn't 100% rule out the chance that I'll be dropped like a sack of bricks if it's confirmed that I don't want to stay.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

I dunno about other manufacturers, but you can buy the Hondacare 100k mile warranty from other dealerships after you buy your car. Some dealer on the east coast sells them for $1k.

Yeah, we have Toyota ExtraCare or ToyotaCare Plus or whatever the hell we're calling it these days, and if I was going to pick an extended warranty, it'd be that one.

Of course, I'm the one that has to twist the knife to get our dealership paid for claims on all of the garbage third party warranties we sell in the finance offices. Unbelievably difficult.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Jealous of all of you getting to give notice. I had a botched phone interview today due to whatever call-forwarding deal their company has going on. They have a disclaimer on the automated e-mail that schedules phone interviews about phones with call screening on them interfering with their calls...perhaps they should maybe consider looking into that on their end? The guy called me three times and each time it would ring once before dropping. And wouldn't leave anything but his first name and the call-back number for the general Talent Acquisition hotline in his voicemails, so they couldn't just transfer me to him at all, and now I have to wait until next Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Although I hate my job and it sucks, working at a dealership has its perks.

For example, waiting for the coldest day of the year to bring your car in downstairs for a 30K service and telling them to leave it inside until I'm ready to go home. :smug: