Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Queen Combat posted:

I don't think 2019 can be weirder than 2018, but who knows :shrug:.

same

God I've been holed up at my mom's for 3 loving weeks trying to get my transmission fixed to no avail. Got it put together now though and it's still only as bad as it was, 3 gears/no OD, so I haven't made it worse with my buffoonery at least. Mom's reclaiming the garage for storage so I guess any future repairs are gonna be done by a shop. t:mad:

Still, at least I get to go home.

Also I may be picking up a pixel 3 to replace my slowly-going-obsolete S5. I'm on at&t family but Google offers 0% financing so that's cool. You do have to set up an account with their bank though, anyone dealt with this? Is it worth the hassle vs lump payment? It's a Christmas gift so mom's paying for it and she's got the cash on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

How did I loving know it was gonna be that one

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MrOnBicycle posted:

I surprised Denis Leary didn't steal that bit from Bill Hicks as well.... or did he?

Bill Hicks would be insulted at the implication he'd ever settle for a pussy little amateur drug like Robitussin.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh no one said anything about using a battery like that, if I get the leads backwards am I gonna risk frying the lights with that method? There are no markings for positive or negative on the lights.

well LEDs are diodes, so ideally if you hook them up backwards what should happen is nothing. If you're really concerned though an inline resistor will keep current down while you're testing polarity; if you don't have a proper one handy a piece of pencil lead should handle enough current to see if the lights come on.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Empathy is cool and good and the world could use ever more of it, just in my imo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

How is clickspring so great? I just watched a 20 minute video on various ideas for ancient layout fluids and enjoyed every second.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

QC your family is being lovely and manipulative and you don't owe them anything. I'm sorry about your sister, I'd say I can't even imagine but I've been doing just that a lot lately*. PMs are open if you wanna chat. tldr just keep doing your thing, you're gonna kick rear end.

*cancer is loving scary yall

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The revving mustang jackass whose garage is on my building finally kept it up for long enough for me to walk out and confront him. Well, apparently this time it was one of his buddies in a 370Z, there were like 4 of them standing there. Their excuse was "oh yeah it's a stick shift", cause apparently that necessitates banging off the limiter like 12 times in a row to move a car around, right? Then he changed tacks to straight up "Well, you know, if there's a problem, you can take it up with the front office! :)"

I am not enough of an rear end in a top hat to be doing this kind of poo poo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Door Frame posted:

And as someone without relevant skills, as long as you have passion and an ok resume, a surprising number of places will reach out. It feels really good

sounds fake tbh

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I think Pennsylvania does, but I don't understand the ramifications here. Surely people have gotten their vehicles inspected not long after they had a dead battery.

If the ecu puts out that code that says "monitors not set", you will fail your emissions inspection. If that's gonna be a problem, I suggest looking up the "OBD2 Drive Cycle" for your specific car, and following that to the letter. Most parts stores will pull codes for free, so you can check there and once your ecu comes back with no codes you should be good to go.

E: Resetting the ECU can hide an existing problem that takes a while to actually trigger the trouble code, so if they find out it's been reset recently, policy is to assume that's what you're doing and fail your car.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ah, my car will set a P1000 code for it, but apparently that's a FoMoCo thing and not universal.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

And I wonder why I'm so nervous to try and date. The stories sound nice but the drama seems like a pile of utter bullshit no one should ever deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the only good audio medium is spooled magnetic wire