Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

2019 will be good because orange man will be gone

or maybe 2019 will be gone because orange man won't be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

that'll teach you for thinking we can have nice things

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On the upside, being blind, you don't have to look at it, because woof!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift is checking out european hearses BESTATTUNGSWAGENS for some reason

These would make dope rear end little campers. some of them say they get like 45MPG with their massive 100hp diesels.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Finally got time to finish up the laptop/SSD thing, it's amazing, anyone on the fence just go buy one now, totally worth the media creation hassle.

Now to figure out connecting the printer to the router so I can print without kneeling Infront of the printer because I've no long cables.

my laptop only supports SATA 2, so i bought 2 cheap SSDs and run them in raid 0. Can't do TRIM but i leave it running so garbage collection should take care of it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Queen Combat posted:

Oh gently caress, I wanted a Grumman LLV as my "impossible car" but these are seriously about to overtake that.

That benz is extremely doable.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=267550248

diesel, man trans, legal to import into the US.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I never even consider DER KRANKENWAGEN as i figured they would all just be vans.

Ya'll europeans come up with the craziest poo poo

The volvo is AWD and has heated seats.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't believe that turd has been around for 7 years now and the top model still makes 85ft/lbs at 3000RPM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

everdave posted:

Yes just reading in C&D the ZF8 is behind the v12 in the new rolls cullinan or whatever bs suv

And sorry to hear QC

The most interesting to see long term is probably going to be the new ram 3500. It's only behind the 6.4 gas job, but that's still rated to 7680lbs payload and 23,400lb GCWR

With 8 forward gears, it should very nearly be into double digit mpg, too!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I found a weird Chinese knock-off/randomly generated/something fucky t-shirt site the other night with all kinds of strange poo poo, but i think i found one i need

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

LloydDobler posted:

Also for those who don't read my boring project thread: This was caught in the now chewed-up hot side of my turbo on the blown engine in my V70R. I'm trying to figure out what it is, if it caused the failure or is a result of it.

Looks like a valve stem

I'm guessing the valve itself is wedged into either the piston or the head.

get a borescope and look in through the spark plug holes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ, they've adjusted the expected windchill this wednesday from -42 to -51.

We all gonna die.

It's +5*c and sunny here, everything is melting. It's awesome!

Except for all the potholes showing up. It has flipped between +10*c and -10*c like 10 times this winter and the roads are going to poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

went to the local mega-hardware store to get some lightbulbs. CFLs are almost completely gone which is good, but the light bulb aisle was around 50% LED, and for some reason about 50% incandescent. I thought we defeated that evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't know how many people here are old enough to remember CDs coming out, but coming from records and cassettes it was amazing. I remember buying my first CD boombox, then getting Led Zeppelin 4 on CD and being completely blown away by the sound quality. I was happy to replace all my records and cassettes with CDs and have never thought once about ever going back to that.

I grew up with tapes until the mid 90s, and i remember CDs in my small town being $30-$40 a piece.

By the time prices started coming down to ~$20, i had discovered napster and MP3 players. My first MP3 player was only 64mb and could only hold like 20 songs, but because of how expensive CDs were i basically skipped them.